ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lost pda

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by hero22 »

plodplodplod wrote:or popping it on a wall, that works fine too. again, if its in a holster how can you possibly leave it on a wall other than by taking the holster off or taking it out? and why would you need to take it out the holster apart to maybe reboot the thing? if its in your pocket you'd need to take it out to scan a packet and you might leave it on a wall. a fear of holsters is pretty new i think.

Do you not take it out of holster to scan a parcel ? Never heard of these holsters before.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by Seymour Buts »

Xr4 wrote:What are these holsters people are talking about? Never seen one!
I can confirm they exist! Our dom went around asking people if they'd like one. Nobody did.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by LaggyBand »

I’d pay three pounds of my own money for a holster.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by hothothot »

Where I deliver we could do with a gun in these so called holsters.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by Seymour Buts »

Just keep it in the smaller front pouch of your bag, that's what I do so I always know where it is. A holster is yet another thing to carry.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by CPTNemoUK »

postietom wrote:Just keep it in the smaller front pouch of your bag, that's what I do so I always know where it is. A holster is yet another thing to carry.
You got room I your bag for your pda lucky you. Joking aside I used to do that but over the years have managed to get a few bags together. So don't have the same bag so I used to leave it in my previous bag :arrrghhh. Now I just makes sure I get a strapless pda and keep it in my right pocket.
PAFCPHILLIPS
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Feb 2021, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Lost pda

Post by PAFCPHILLIPS »

Do you have to pay for it if u lose it?
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: Lost pda

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

PAFCPHILLIPS wrote: ↑
04 Feb 2021, 16:49
Do you have to pay for it if u lose it?
No chance
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Lost pda

Post by robbertwhitton »

These things happen,unlike bosses we are far from perfect,we have the holsters that simply make something big and cumbersome even bigger and more cumbersome!!yet another piece of kit far from user friendly,but hey ho,
PAFCPHILLIPS
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Feb 2021, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Lost pda

Post by PAFCPHILLIPS »

Cause I lost mine today in the snow went back and looked for it and couldn’t find it anywhere
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

Re: Lost pda

Post by stodgy88 »

Lost mine twice over the years,managed to trace it both times,see whoevers in charge of them,can definetly be traced .
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

Re: Lost pda

Post by Route1 »

Each PDA should have its own phone number too. I call it to find it when i forget where i left it which happens quite often.
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: Lost pda

Post by sorefeet17 »

I tried using the holster, its ok but tends to bounce off your body as you walk and bash into the nuts area :oops:
this was when customers had to sign for stuff so the strap had to be quite long, I can't remember if it was adjustable, but it would work better on a shorter strap.
darrellsimmons69
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Feb 2021, 15:10
Gender: Male

Re: Lost pda

Post by darrellsimmons69 »

We lost a pda and I made 1 from scratch with some spare plastic and electronics in my shed. Not hard :nana
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Lost pda

Post by P13 »

darrellsimmons69 wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2021, 16:34
We lost a pda and I made 1 from scratch with some spare plastic and electronics in my shed. Not hard :nana
I take it you are bored