Whereas 35 hours on mainly outdoor work would be what exactly?Phantom wrote: - 39 hours on mainly outdoor work would be a killer.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
march 12th looming
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16715
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
march 12th looming
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
I'll be voting YES. It's a good deal... If you cannot see that I ask that you look again at the proposals before you vote and reconsider. I'll concede it is not the deal of the century ... but it'll do. When one considers where we started from it's beefy enough... and certainly was hard one.
If you reject this agreement you'd best reject your union also. I applaud the tenacity and indefatigability of our top union officials. Like many of you I stood at gate meetings with banners urging all to support the CWU and the four pillars. I wore the badge and as part of a democratic organisation I entrusted the hard work of negotiating the future to more senior members of my Union.
They've returned a first class delivery and I won't be deserting them (or the fight) now. Many on this Forum have taken cheap shots at Terry and our negotiators and offered nothing in return ? ? ?
Having a point of view is fine (and fair) but best back it up with your demands... lest others on here may consider you the fool ! ! !
Vote Yes
If you reject this agreement you'd best reject your union also. I applaud the tenacity and indefatigability of our top union officials. Like many of you I stood at gate meetings with banners urging all to support the CWU and the four pillars. I wore the badge and as part of a democratic organisation I entrusted the hard work of negotiating the future to more senior members of my Union.
They've returned a first class delivery and I won't be deserting them (or the fight) now. Many on this Forum have taken cheap shots at Terry and our negotiators and offered nothing in return ? ? ?
Having a point of view is fine (and fair) but best back it up with your demands... lest others on here may consider you the fool ! ! !
Vote Yes
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
I'm just wondering how long until Royal Mail sell up. I can see amazon taking over
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
It's a target pension subject to change so you can only really say whether it's better than anything when you've had it. I'll write a full review on my deathbed.I agree it's not better than the DB scheme but it far out weighs the DC scheme.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
a killerclashcityrocker wrote:Whereas 35 hours on mainly outdoor work would be what exactly?Phantom wrote: - 39 hours on mainly outdoor work would be a killer.
-
princess
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 24 Sep 2011, 13:04
- Gender: Female
march 12th looming
am I missing something here . what is definetly set in stone, pensions NO, pay WITH STRINGS that we know nothing about, all SUBJECT TO TRIALS,different start times TO BE CONFIRMED,for the time all this has taken Im sorry I think its a poor show from the union especially after the cock up pre original strike.all false promises AGAIN and I am a true union person for last 40 yrs. im so disappointed.if its a yes , I think were stuffed. time to retire.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
i think you can count on it being voted in. if I was a gambling man I would put my house on it.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
I am a gambling man i would bet your house on it as well. To be fair no bookmaker would give you odds worth taking its a sure thing a walkover.daveyeff wrote:i think you can count on it being voted in. if I was a gambling man I would put my house on it.
-
big ginger
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 16:40
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
You're dead right Princess. The only thing certain is the pay deal part. No half educated person in their right mind would vote for something they know nothing about. There is far too many uncertainties about this deal. The 1 hour reduction in October is subject to trials. On pensions this new scheme "subject to government approval" will see us much worse off in retirement.princess wrote:Arnold and slinder , can you tell me if your times are changing,or if you have kids to pick up from school,back pay is ours anyway,dangle the ££££££s and the sheep will follow. pensions nothing concrete,pay with [ subject to whatever they want ] im all for non strikes ive been at the gate for all of them and got screwed everytime. NOT THIS TIME sorry!!!!!!
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3291
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
big no from me
there setting up part pensions this scheme that scheme for one reason
corporate theft
give it a couple of years
there setting up part pensions this scheme that scheme for one reason
corporate theft
give it a couple of years
-
wf
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 13:21
- Gender: Male
march 12th looming
Taking of utter bollocks ,Phantom wrote:This is utter bollocks!wf wrote:The roadshow in itself makes me think this agreement is bad
There is no way in the world we should be voting on a pay rise going back to last April alongside our pensions that we will be relying on at some point
Who’s decision was it to lump all this in together ?
The pension is not solved as yet , so maybe we should not be voting on it just yet .
The pay rise I’m sure was recommended by a third party and not Royal Mail or Cwu
The union I feel have a tried to save face here by bundling this headline grabbing rise in ,and making the so called selfish greedy postmen look bad for voting no
They should really be a bit more honest with what the bigger picture is and what the 35 hour week will really mean
The pay rise is backdated to October at 5% and includes all overtime and allowances and then this continues right through to April 2019 where we will get another 2%. For FT it = £21 per week.
The pension is on it's second reading in parliament and therefore is guaranteed to get the green light. I agree it's not better than the DB scheme but it far out weighs the DC scheme.
The 35 hour is essential for when automation is at nearly 100% for all delivery offices this will shorten delivery spans - 39 hours on mainly outdoor work would be a killer.
What bollocks are you spreading
No one knows if the pension will get the green light or not
Unless you know differently !
Because the pay rise is back dated to October ,doesn’t mean you weren’t due it from the start of the financial year ,which is April incase your not too sure
As for deliveries getting shorter ,you are mad aren’t you .
-
dodger71
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 17:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: right here right now
march 12th looming
the deal will go through...but i'm voting a big fat no no no ...f*ck all protection for delivery staff in writing only if's and but's ...shame on you cwu hq ....all the delivery staff ever asked for was a manageable and fair daily work load free from pressure by management..by bully boy tactics ...on a daily basis .... pay fine..pension???...bulling and harassment ...NOTHING
I FEEL LIKE A BITCH FOR AC AND AL
-
princess
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 24 Sep 2011, 13:04
- Gender: Female
march 12th looming
sorry but it stinks of backhanders ,and that's hard for me to say . for gods sake union what happened !!!!!!
-
princess
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 24 Sep 2011, 13:04
- Gender: Female
march 12th looming
that's me done. nothing else to say . let common sense prevail !!!!!!!
-
stephen500
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1458
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04
march 12th looming
It's a yes from me. Can't see getting any thing better. When I look at what RM wanted. If I was younger I would not be sure of the pension. Not enough info to make an informed decision. Lot's of nos here. But RM chat is not representative of the whole union. I haven't heard one person where I work, say he/she would vote no. The back pay will swing it for many. £600 in my hand.