ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Deal and part timers
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
Deal and part timers
Missed the pre ballot vote, anyone know the result, thanks
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Deal and part timers
Work your contracted PT paid hours put a grievance in with the help of the sub rep put the word around unofficial OT ban, office will go into meltdown. Rep must bring it up at every resourcing meeting and get it recorded in the notes. Non members in my office is ten fold compared to the FT non members, That needs addressing. If your not having luck with your rep vote him out
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
fishtank wrote:Maybe I could ask a simpler question...
Does seniority or length of service or time served or whatever we call it now still apply when allocating increased contractual hours because this agreement seems to suggest it doesn't and to be honest the whole thing isn't really compatible anyway.
I'll ask again.
It's kind of a big thing.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
Fishtank its the hours worked
-
nudenut
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 21 May 2013, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
That's where your wrong. A guy I work with regularly merges and finishes at exactly the same time as me having done his walk and merge in the same hours as I can do just my walk. He's getting paid more than me for doing the same job, it's been going on for years. Maybe this data capture will put a halt to these runners and people who refuse to use the tools and not have their breaks. And he is part time.The Postman wrote:I get where your coming from that the sww benefits part timers more as there is no loss in hours, however everyone will be on the same hourly rate, so everyone will have the same % pay rise. The part timers benefitting more is just a consequence of the full timers working less hours for the same wage, if RM were to not increase part timers wage in line with full timers then this would lead to a massive discrimination case against them. You can't pay 2 people a different wage for doing the same job.dingo wrote:The Postman : There is no reduction in part timer contracts as a result of the shorter working so they get a pay increase instead. This has happened in every reduction in the working week we have had and I started on 43 hours as a full timer.
Last edited by nudenut on 13 Feb 2018, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Deal and part timers
Having watched RMTV this morning I believe they are suggesting the person working the hours would get the increase.fishtank wrote:fishtank wrote:Maybe I could ask a simpler question...
Does seniority or length of service or time served or whatever we call it now still apply when allocating increased contractual hours because this agreement seems to suggest it doesn't and to be honest the whole thing isn't really compatible anyway.
I'll ask again.
It's kind of a big thing.
If we are voting away seniority then somebody should make that clear.
If we are now voting for a system where the DOM allocates overtime to certain favourites who will then benefit from increased contracts, then I hope somebody will make that clear.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
Dingo we need a reply to this there is postman with half my seniority working full time "manager's yes men" are we saying they will be made full time over me who can't get a look in on early prep even though I want it?clashcityrocker wrote:Having watched RMTV this morning I believe they are suggesting the person working the hours would get the increase.fishtank wrote:fishtank wrote:Maybe I could ask a simpler question...
Does seniority or length of service or time served or whatever we call it now still apply when allocating increased contractual hours because this agreement seems to suggest it doesn't and to be honest the whole thing isn't really compatible anyway.
I'll ask again.
It's kind of a big thing.
If we are voting away seniority then somebody should make that clear.
If we are now voting for a system where the DOM allocates overtime to certain favourites who will then benefit from increased contracts, then I hope somebody will make that clear.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
I think a very large catering size can of worms has been opened without those involved fully realising the consequences.clashcityrocker wrote:If we are now voting for a system where the DOM allocates overtime to certain favourites who will then benefit from increased contracts, then I hope somebody will make that clear.
Before this "apparent" decision was made it would have been sensible to put proper robust control measures in place to ensure overtime was allocated fairly, this has upped the stakes considerably because not only DOMs allocate overtime so in some offices do union reps. I can only see this ending badly with legal implications.
I doubt we'll get any kind of clarification though, there's more fudge flying around here than a highland gift shop.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
Deal and part timers
moan moan moan thats all you hear from p/t your lucky the union fights for your jobs be thankful 
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
I don't get "The part timers benefitting more is just a consequence of the full timers working less hours for the same wage"The Postman wrote:I get where your coming from that the sww benefits part timers more as there is no loss in hours, however everyone will be on the same hourly rate, so everyone will have the same % pay rise. The part timers benefitting more is just a consequence of the full timers working less hours for the same wage, if RM were to not increase part timers wage in line with full timers then this would lead to a massive discrimination case against them. You can't pay 2 people a different wage for doing the same job.dingo wrote:The Postman : There is no reduction in part timer contracts as a result of the shorter working so they get a pay increase instead. This has happened in every reduction in the working week we have had and I started on 43 hours as a full timer.
It is like saying Full timers are benefiting more because they are earning the same wage for working less hours.
I get the fact that a part timers take home pay would increase but they are not benefiting more, just differently.
If a full & part timer started on same rate of pay, 35 & 20 hours respectively (Edit; for example), when the changes are implemented it would not be an issue.
Last edited by rogersh on 13 Feb 2018, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
I have just had a thought, with the SWW the pro rata payments that part timers get will increase too. 19 hour contract will become 50% in October, and then 51.35% next year etc....
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
And a new recruit who would have started on a 19 hr contract will probably be offered an 18 hr contract etc....mr hil. wrote:I have just had a thought, with the SWW the pro rata payments that part timers get will increase too. 19 hour contract will become 50% in October, and then 51.35% next year etc....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Deal and part timers
The filling of vacancies and the review of part timers hours under the job security does not in my view over rule the Way Forward Agreement which states the most senior part timer has the opportunity to increase their hours.
The words in the part timers section does say review all part timers hours who are working above their contracted hours and even where it is considered related to absence.
However in my expirence visiting and dealing with offices part times know where they are in seniority to get a full time duty or increase in contracted hours.
Royal Mail did an audit in November of this year as a result of the union accusing them of not making pert timers up and since than a significant number has been made up.
Most of my reps are reporting a number of part timers have been made up recently and they have still used the seniority as I have had a few enquiries about individuals who start on the same day who is more Senior now that you cannot use age.
Remember also the filling of vacancies agreement can be used to increase part timers contracted hours and this is always based on seniority.
The words in the part timers section does say review all part timers hours who are working above their contracted hours and even where it is considered related to absence.
However in my expirence visiting and dealing with offices part times know where they are in seniority to get a full time duty or increase in contracted hours.
Royal Mail did an audit in November of this year as a result of the union accusing them of not making pert timers up and since than a significant number has been made up.
Most of my reps are reporting a number of part timers have been made up recently and they have still used the seniority as I have had a few enquiries about individuals who start on the same day who is more Senior now that you cannot use age.
Remember also the filling of vacancies agreement can be used to increase part timers contracted hours and this is always based on seniority.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Deal and part timers
So we think seniority still holds the field but nobody is really sure.
What could go wrong with that position...
Can you still get mileage allowance for traveling to Employment Tribunals?
What could go wrong with that position...
Can you still get mileage allowance for traveling to Employment Tribunals?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Deal and part timers
Nope. You need a note off your mummy.fishtank wrote:So we think seniority still holds the field but nobody is really sure.
What could go wrong with that position...
Can you still get mileage allowance for traveling to Employment Tribunals?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.