The way forward agreement encompasses all functions if you are so interested it is in the download section if I was in the mail centre that is the rules I would adhere to!aiden01 wrote:does this include mc's.k979aaa wrote:It's in the way forward agreement voted on and passed it is excepted even at management level that half of your meal relief can be taken at the end if you so wish you can take it all in one go or split it up and you can take it when you want not at the behest of management whims!awesomepenguin wrote:Breaks are usually in the wrong place. Usually they are plonked about 90 mins or so into an 8 hour shift. What utter rubbish! The CWU are guilty of agreeing to this at local level.
Also taking 20 minutes at the end of a shift is wrong in my opinion. A break is meant to be a break in your working day. Not a mechanism to enable people to get flyers.
We are our own worst enemy at times.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Get this
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Get this
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Get this
Don’t worry, that’s going to be submitted first thing tomorrow morningTheTrolleyMan wrote:He has to treat all his staff the same or he is targeting you in which case put a grievance in against himdeggyg wrote:I’m definitely not a runner, it was all down to the fact I refused to do lapsing.
I informed him that I was going to take half my break before I went out, that’s when he insisted I have it in the canteen.
I told him I can take it where ever I like, he just didn’t like the fact I was going to take my break, unlike the majority who don’t bother, and so accommodate lapsing
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Get this
Was just asking thanksk979aaa wrote:The way forward agreement encompasses all functions if you are so interested it is in the download section if I was in the mail centre that is the rules I would adhere to!aiden01 wrote:does this include mc's.k979aaa wrote:It's in the way forward agreement voted on and passed it is excepted even at management level that half of your meal relief can be taken at the end if you so wish you can take it all in one go or split it up and you can take it when you want not at the behest of management whims!awesomepenguin wrote:Breaks are usually in the wrong place. Usually they are plonked about 90 mins or so into an 8 hour shift. What utter rubbish! The CWU are guilty of agreeing to this at local level.
Also taking 20 minutes at the end of a shift is wrong in my opinion. A break is meant to be a break in your working day. Not a mechanism to enable people to get flyers.
We are our own worst enemy at times.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Get this
No problem.aiden01 wrote:Was just asking thanksk979aaa wrote:The way forward agreement encompasses all functions if you are so interested it is in the download section if I was in the mail centre that is the rules I would adhere to!aiden01 wrote:does this include mc's.k979aaa wrote:It's in the way forward agreement voted on and passed it is excepted even at management level that half of your meal relief can be taken at the end if you so wish you can take it all in one go or split it up and you can take it when you want not at the behest of management whims!awesomepenguin wrote:Breaks are usually in the wrong place. Usually they are plonked about 90 mins or so into an 8 hour shift. What utter rubbish! The CWU are guilty of agreeing to this at local level.
Also taking 20 minutes at the end of a shift is wrong in my opinion. A break is meant to be a break in your working day. Not a mechanism to enable people to get flyers.
We are our own worst enemy at times.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Get this
Nope, not the only one. No idea what a duty structure is....paper or otherwise. But then I'm part time, it's probably pro rata, whatever it is.....JKSmudge wrote:Can I ask what you mean by this ? as I cannot be the only one who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.POSTMAN wrote:Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Get this
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 56&t=68169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;JKSmudge wrote:Of course I know my start and finish times... the conversation was about breaks. It is very frustrating at times when so many acronyms are used in RM, there seems to be a fixation on using these codes, I have learned a few but then someone throws '318s' into the mix.....
318 Old name for a walk log. It details breaks, start and finish time and other information specific to that duty
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Get this
crimson king wrote:Nope, not the only one. No idea what a duty structure is....paper or otherwise. But then I'm part time, it's probably pro rata, whatever it is.....JKSmudge wrote:Can I ask what you mean by this ? as I cannot be the only one who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.POSTMAN wrote:Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.
The tasks that duty is to perform, what the start and finish time is. When are the breaks planned, when and if you should double prep or IPs etc. The walk log.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Get this
Then someone is f***ing up as part of the Walk Log for deliveries should warn the postie of ALL health and safety hazards, dogs, slippy paths lose grates etc. If a postie has a serious accident, or incident with a dog, and the HSE investigate the managers will need to do a lot of explaining.crimson king wrote:Okay, thanks, interesting. Never seen one.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Get this
They were mentioned at the induction, but never seen one. I'll ask to see the one for my duty as I've given the lino two documents about dogs and slip hazards (manager had a talk about it one morning, asking everyone to make a list and I think I was the only swot who did), so it'll be interesting to see if that info has been added.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Get this
I know it's in the way forward. But that doesn't make it right. Meal break, meal relief, dinner break whatever you want to call it should be just that - a break in your working day.k979aaa wrote:It's in the way forward agreement voted on and passed it is excepted even at management level that half of your meal relief can be taken at the end if you so wish you can take it all in one go or split it up and you can take it when you want not at the behest of management whims!awesomepenguin wrote:Breaks are usually in the wrong place. Usually they are plonked about 90 mins or so into an 8 hour shift. What utter rubbish! The CWU are guilty of agreeing to this at local level.
Also taking 20 minutes at the end of a shift is wrong in my opinion. A break is meant to be a break in your working day. Not a mechanism to enable people to get flyers.
We are our own worst enemy at times.
Break
noun
a pause in work or during an activity or event.
Now the key word there for me is "during". Not at the start or the end. Like I said we are our own worst enemies.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Get this
There are some very bad reps, coaches and colleagues out there.
Unbelievable how a lot of offices are!
Never known a business like this one.
Unbelievable how a lot of offices are!
Never known a business like this one.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Get this
Different offices run things in different ways. The official line for full time employees is that you get two lots of 20 minute breaks. RM expect and judge that you will take one of those 20 minute breaks either before you leave the DO or while you are out on delivery. It is expected that break times should be taken away from your working area/sorting frame. Unfortunately a lot of DOs don't have canteens or an area suitable to take breaks in away from your work station/area. If you don't take that first break in RMs eyes it is 'gone' and you cannot add that first 20 minutes to the end of your duty to make a 40 minute break. By non RM law the second 20 minute break can be taken at the end of your duty though.korky wrote:i thought it was agreed to take a minimum of half your break during your shift, use it or lose it we were told,
we do have some exemptions in our d/o who can take the whole lot at the end (currently around 90%) who do this
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Get this
I've posted before, asking for advice relating to meal breaks when you are on a town walk on housing estates with a HCT and no facilities what so ever like cafes, pubs, shops, toilets or even a park bench - just me, my HCT and seemingly endless streets of houses. I got no advice whatsoever, apart from one joker who suggested sitting on the HCT! It's ok if you're in a van, as you have some shelter from the elements, somewhere to sit whilst having a drink or bite to eat and also the means to go to the nearest pub, McDonalds etc or even back to the delivery office if you need the toilet.