ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Any dates for the ballot?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by gary1975 »

What happend the poll that was on here this morning? I noticed the no vote was leading the poll
TheRealDeal
Posts: 24
Joined: 26 Jan 2010, 18:31
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by TheRealDeal »

BeamishStout wrote:
dingo wrote:I think it opens on 9th March and closes around 26th March.
Is there any firming up on these dates?

I know that no LTB has been released yet but is there any indication as to when the decision to hold the YES/NO ballot is going to be made? The precise dates will affect me as I intend taking NRA60 benefits in early April. Staggering to see that the decision on this deal is nearly 2 months away. Lord knows when any back-pay is forthcoming especially if there is a NO vote!
I'd hold off leaving until you get all back pay owing from October and to secure your next tranche of employee shares, which will be yours to keep by the end of April. 729 in total but alas, not tax free til October.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by BeamishStout »

TheRealDeal wrote: I'd hold off leaving until you get all back pay owing from October and to secure your next tranche of employee shares, which will be yours to keep by the end of April. 729 in total but alas, not tax free til October.
The 2016 allocation (and all previous years' allocations) total 913 for me will be mine to keep as I will be classed as a 'good leaver' so long as I resign/retire on or after my 60th birthday. Yes if back-pay is not forthcoming by me 60th then I will hold on until such date as it does. :thumbup
TheRealDeal
Posts: 24
Joined: 26 Jan 2010, 18:31
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by TheRealDeal »

BeamishStout wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote: I'd hold off leaving until you get all back pay owing from October and to secure your next tranche of employee shares, which will be yours to keep by the end of April. 729 in total but alas, not tax free til October.
The 2016 allocation (and previous years' allocations) will be mine to keep as I will be classed as a 'good leaver' so long as I resign/retire on or after my 60th birthday. Yes if back-pay is not forthcoming by me 60th then I will hold on until such date as it does. :thumbup
Happy Days!!
martybhoy39
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by martybhoy39 »

gary1975 wrote:What happend the poll that was on here this morning? I noticed the no vote was leading the poll
Usual postie mentality.
Offered a bit of cash to sell your soul .
Yes Men.
Garry wheres that pole great idea if anyone can set it up.
martybhoy39
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by martybhoy39 »

arnold cheshire wrote:More back pay at£22 a week very nice
martybhoy39
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by martybhoy39 »

nudenut wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:More back pay at£22 a week very nice
Plus 5% on any o/t and shift allowances :nana
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by gary1975 »

martybhoy39 wrote:
gary1975 wrote:What happend the poll that was on here this morning? I noticed the no vote was leading the poll
Usual postie mentality.
Offered a bit of cash to sell your soul .
Yes Men.
Garry wheres that pole great idea if anyone can set it up.
There already was a poll it's been removed
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by Celgar »

I believe the admin guys will set up a poll on this site closer to the time of the official ballot. Really hard to predict which way it will go this time. All the previous strike ballot results I have seen were low turnout and not far off 50/50. But as you know the strike ballot this time before Christmas was high turnout and high percentage in favour of industrial action. Literally around the world everyone has had enough. RM have pushed us all too far now. It's a question of whether a pile of cash is attractive still as usual or we take a stand.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Alain Prost
Posts: 26
Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by Alain Prost »

Taking the mick now. I wanted the back pay by March but the ballot is not till then! This whole thing has dragged on far to long! Fleet still not been informed what we are getting!!!
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by gary1975 »

Alain Prost wrote:Taking the mick now. I wanted the back pay by March but the ballot is not till then! This whole thing has dragged on far to long! Fleet still not been informed what we are getting!!!
You won't be getting any back pay anytime soon if there is a no vote I remember people saying they would bet there house on a remain vote for brexit and look what happened there
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

martybhoy39 wrote:
gary1975 wrote:What happend the poll that was on here this morning? I noticed the no vote was leading the poll
Usual postie mentality.
Offered a bit of cash to sell your soul .
Yes Men.
Garry wheres that pole great idea if anyone can set it up.
Ive noticed that too , people selling their souls for a few hundred quid ! Think about your future T&C and not about a few quid today !
Alain Prost
Posts: 26
Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
Gender: Male

Any dates for the ballot?

Post by Alain Prost »

Well I want to leave RM, can't stand them. Just wainting for this cash.

Re Brexit: Depends where you live. Everyone here in the Midlands was adamant we would leave and did.