Hct duties seem to vary between offices, I've heard that some just take a full hct out in one go so basically all the mail for the walk meaning hardly any parcels at all so an easy duty, at our place the ones closer to the office have to return for refills and the others further away get bags dropped off, so apart from not having to do the really big parcels that just won't fit in I'd say that our hct duties are no easier than a van share.Ozzvaldo wrote:You need to transfer to my office then. Today the HCT duties were finished between 12.30 and 1.00 (3.00 finish time here) and the shared vans were all out until gone 2.30 (some went over) and most didn't take parcels because we had relief parcel duties in place. The HCTs are ridiculously easy in my DO.South_London_Postie wrote:Callers office is a piece of piss, I always catch the f***ers on Facebook whilst they are making people wait for their parcels on the counter.
IMO nothing worst than a long ass HTC duty heavy AF walking up and down hills. Especially when you know your pals are already in the pub and you still got half your walk to go.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4118
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
I was in the Callers' Office before Christmas. It was a bloody nightmare. On Saturday I barely had time to go for a wee as the queue was a mile long and there was just no respite from it. Aagh!!!jimt81 wrote:Try working in the callers office.
I have done all the jobs mentioned except management,
The callers office is the worst by a country mile.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
In my office we have 4 Hct walks 1 gets lapsed and the other 3 just take what they can fit in and that's it no refills or nothing.ted_e_bear wrote:Hct duties seem to vary between offices, I've heard that some just take a full hct out in one go so basically all the mail for the walk meaning hardly any parcels at all so an easy duty, at our place the ones closer to the office have to return for refills and the others further away get bags dropped off, so apart from not having to do the really big parcels that just won't fit in I'd say that our hct duties are no easier than a van share.Ozzvaldo wrote:You need to transfer to my office then. Today the HCT duties were finished between 12.30 and 1.00 (3.00 finish time here) and the shared vans were all out until gone 2.30 (some went over) and most didn't take parcels because we had relief parcel duties in place. The HCTs are ridiculously easy in my DO.South_London_Postie wrote:Callers office is a piece of piss, I always catch the f***ers on Facebook whilst they are making people wait for their parcels on the counter.
IMO nothing worst than a long ass HTC duty heavy AF walking up and down hills. Especially when you know your pals are already in the pub and you still got half your walk to go.
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
all you's that are saying callers office is a easy have obvs never worked in there over xmas at all. in our office we have one member of staff doing Dom Support PHG role and doing the hatch, ran off her feet from 6am till her finish. i done it years ago as it was my job for a few year. Deliverys have it easy compared to that.
Last edited by Harv12 on 02 Jan 2018, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
I have worked both and I would much rather work outside on deliveries in a blizzard than in the Room of Doom.Harv12 wrote:all you's that are say callers office is a easy have obvs never worked in there over xmas at all. in our office we have one member of staff doing Dom Support PHG role and doing the hatch, ran off her feet from 6am till her finish. i done it years ago as it was my job for a few year. Deliverys have it easy compared to that.
Room of Doom = stress and interaction with less than happy members of the public, but not much on the physical side.
Deliveries. Very little stress and rarely get bothered by the public, but physically tiring.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jimbo2017
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 06 Aug 2017, 21:29
- Gender: Male
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas?? I nominate DOM's Bitch.
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
I do a rural in the peak district....it was one of the worst in 24 years for me...although the booze,chocolates,biscuits and 300 quid helped... 
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Which job in RM is the tougher over Christmas
Tips (bribesjaylime wrote:I do a rural in the peak district....it was one of the worst in 24 years for me...although the booze,chocolates,biscuits and 300 quid helped...