And here is the reason I will not reply to someone I now believe is fishing for an argument that isn't there
RULES wrote:If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way. We would much rather have a long winded well thought out argument, picking out weak points in someone's position, than have a thread full of 1 line insults.
Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment. Specifically, regarding the term 'scab'. It does have an historical meaning in some circles, but it can also be seen as abuse by others. Therefore members are requested to use the more acceptable term of 'Strike Breaker'
Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned. This also applies to posts that are not aimed at individuals but at groups.
Ive been a postie for over 30 years and would consider myself an 'oldie'. We 'oldies' and those who have gone before us, stood up and fought for our rights against management change through various levels of industrial action over the years, in order to secure the terms, conditions and rates of pay that we all currently enjoy. Lets not be divided but all stick together, fight for what we believe is right and back our union by hopefully securing a large Yes vote in order to get the senior management to be more personally involved with Terry Pullinger and Dave Ward, to get an agreement on the table that is acceptable to both sides, that we can then all vote on and then move on. Its simple really, back your Union or leave and fend for yourself.
Why would anyone want to sell their legacy payments?
There hasn't really been any clear listing of the "legacies" involved or how much would be offered, though I saw 18 months mentioned?
If I get £20/month PBS, then they are offering £360.
If I have 15 more years before I retire I would be selling £3600 for £360.
I don't really see the incentive unless they want some of us "to take one for the team?"
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
What I garner from this is 1 when an employer says it will protect you if they change your job description DON'T TRUST THEM 2 We value our employees and no one will lose any money BULLSHIT 10 WEEKS PAYED ALLOWANCE THEY SAID WOULD BE PAID FOR EVERMORE BULLSHIT!
It won't be long until the "Delivery Supplement" is classed as a Legacy Payment and they'll get rid of that too. Remember, divide and conquer - don't change everything at once, change the minority first.
Spedley wrote:It won't be long until the "Delivery Supplement" is classed as a Legacy Payment .
I don't see why the delivery supplement can't just go into pay.
I thought the reason it was initially kept separate was to do with the pension deficit?
If it went into pay, it would do away with the link to D2D which clearly still exists in too many minds, and would secure it from any future attacks as outlined above.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
I have been paid a driving allowance for driving the big 400 vans.
The vans where taken out of service over 5 year's ago, we where told that the driving allowance was a legacy payment and couldn't be removed by Royal Mail. I can understand that not everyone receives this payment & as we don't have the 400 vans anymore this payment isn't necessary (fair).
Royal Mail have stopped this legacy payment (fair enough), but are trying to claim back 2 years driver's allowance.
I personally think Royal Mail's actions are appalling.
Chris we lost a lot of money in the past. Obviously you've not been near too long. And what COMPETITION. There are no other mail companies. These other ones simply collect mail, maybe do some area sorting and pap it off to DO who have to deliver it. What a con. But the biggest con is believing DO that your jobs are under threat from them.
Chris I also you say your office has 2phgs. That rank was done away with. The reason one gets more is because like me and thousands of others we have up a lot of allowances. You just can't seem to grasp that.
Just got my payslip and I have lost £10 defined supplement from 1st of October 2017. So have we lost this payment in the pay deal??? I didn’t notice it in the pay offer or did I miss it, if so glad I voted NO
ACACIA45 wrote:Just got my payslip and I have lost £10 defined supplement from 1st of October 2017. So have we lost this payment in the pay deal??? I didn’t notice it in the pay offer or did I miss it, if so glad I voted NO
Is there a complete list of allowances/supplements that have been axed as a result?