ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Extra row on overtime.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Extra row on overtime.

Post by fishtank »

The underlying principle is you get paid for what you work!
That position might hold for contracted hours after, all you've signed a contract to that affect but it doesn't apply to overtime.
Overtime is voluntary therefore you're free to negotiate any payment you want as long as you understand that management are free to turn your offer down. Outside my contracted hours my time becomes more valuable to me so if Royal Mail wants some of it that will cost them more than my basic 39 hrs does. Since we have no premium overtime rate that means being paid more hours than it might take. I don't often indulge in overtime, I prefer to leave that to the part-time staff but if I do I won't sell my time cheaply.

The underlying principle in any negotiation is that when demand(work) outstrips supply(labour) the price goes up.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Extra row on overtime.

Post by k979aaa »

fishtank wrote:
The underlying principle is you get paid for what you work!
That position might hold for contracted hours after, all you've signed a contract to that affect but it doesn't apply to overtime.
Overtime is voluntary therefore you're free to negotiate any payment you want as long as you understand that management are free to turn your offer down. Outside my contracted hours my time becomes more valuable to me so if Royal Mail wants some of it that will cost them more than my basic 39 hrs does. Since we have no premium overtime rate that means being paid more hours than it might take. I don't often indulge in overtime, I prefer to leave that to the part-time staff but if I do I won't sell my time cheaply.

The underlying principle in any negotiation is that when demand(work) outstrips supply(labour) the price goes up.
But how can you negotiate with a liar and a thief whom's own retirement is linked to the detriment of your's and next week's wages!
John Johnson
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Jan 2013, 09:05
Gender: Male

Re: Extra row on overtime.

Post by John Johnson »

Fully prepared is

Split 3hours

Full walk 6 hours

So a row is 1hour 30min

When I 1st started it
Used to be 4 hours for a split
8 hours for full so 2 for a row...

They tried changing to 5hours for full duty once but we all refused... personally I think 6 is fair...
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Re: Extra row on overtime.

Post by picture123 »

I sincerely doubt you or your manager would have a leg to stand on if caught claiming/paying for hours not worked. I'm pretty sure it's a breach of business standards
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Re: Extra row on overtime.

Post by crimson king »

k979aaa wrote: ↑
13 Nov 2017, 18:24
fishtank wrote:
The underlying principle is you get paid for what you work!
That position might hold for contracted hours after, all you've signed a contract to that affect but it doesn't apply to overtime.
Overtime is voluntary therefore you're free to negotiate any payment you want as long as you understand that management are free to turn your offer down. Outside my contracted hours my time becomes more valuable to me so if Royal Mail wants some of it that will cost them more than my basic 39 hrs does. Since we have no premium overtime rate that means being paid more hours than it might take. I don't often indulge in overtime, I prefer to leave that to the part-time staff but if I do I won't sell my time cheaply.

The underlying principle in any negotiation is that when demand(work) outstrips supply(labour) the price goes up.
But how can you negotiate with a liar and a thief whom's own retirement is linked to the detriment of your's and next week's wages!
Absolutely spot on! :Applause
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Extra row on overtime.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Not sure why you are applauding a post from 4 years ago, and one that attacks an unnamed individual in a personal manner.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Extra row on overtime.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑
04 Jun 2021, 08:32
Not sure why you are applauding a post from 4 years ago, and one that attacks an unnamed individual in a personal manner.
I thought that was an old one. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)