ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Why

Post by Brandy »

baldrick wrote:
postslippete wrote:I go into work to keep away from the missus!!
I worked with a guy the same age as me with longer service, who would have got a better pension and lump sum than me. But he wouldn't take VR/EVR because he said he didn't want to be at home with wife all day! :Very Happy
You must have all married the wrong person!
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Why

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Ginge wrote:Why don't you just leave if it's so bad? I'm not a manager,done 27 years? What is it that keeps you here?
I'm holding out for a chance at VR.

The DOM and Planner's data claims I should be completing my duty on time. My indoor work has been tested and I passed with flying colours but I'm struggling to complete so it must mean I'm physically not up to the delivery part which the planner's computer says is bang on. Medical Retirement please :nana
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Why

Post by Brandy »

CharlesSpooner wrote:
Ginge wrote:Why don't you just leave if it's so bad? I'm not a manager,done 27 years? What is it that keeps you here?
I'm holding out for a chance at VR.

The DOM and Planner's data claims I should be completing my duty on time. My indoor work has been tested and I passed with flying colours but I'm struggling to complete so it must mean I'm physically not up to the delivery part which the planner's computer says is bang on. Medical Retirement please :nana
Could they do it!!!!! I doubt it!!! :arrrghhh
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Why

Post by fly-catchers »

Brandy wrote:
CharlesSpooner wrote:
Ginge wrote:Why don't you just leave if it's so bad? I'm not a manager,done 27 years? What is it that keeps you here?
I'm holding out for a chance at VR.

The DOM and Planner's data claims I should be completing my duty on time. My indoor work has been tested and I passed with flying colours but I'm struggling to complete so it must mean I'm physically not up to the delivery part which the planner's computer says is bang on. Medical Retirement please :nana
Could they do it!!!!! I doubt it!!! :arrrghhh
I am told I am too slow on my round as the person who does it on my day off gets gets back 30 mins earlier. The fact that person is 25 years younger is neither here or there! So now I have one and a half extra roads to do so the other guy finishes on time. And I struggle to complete! Thank god retirement is on the horizon!!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Why

Post by Brandy »

fly-catchers wrote:
Brandy wrote:
CharlesSpooner wrote:
Ginge wrote:Why don't you just leave if it's so bad? I'm not a manager,done 27 years? What is it that keeps you here?
I'm holding out for a chance at VR.

The DOM and Planner's data claims I should be completing my duty on time. My indoor work has been tested and I passed with flying colours but I'm struggling to complete so it must mean I'm physically not up to the delivery part which the planner's computer says is bang on. Medical Retirement please :nana
Could they do it!!!!! I doubt it!!! :arrrghhh
I am told I am too slow on my round as the person who does it on my day off gets gets back 30 mins earlier. The fact that person is 25 years younger is neither here or there! So now I have one and a half extra roads to do so the other guy finishes on time. And I struggle to complete! Thank god retirement is on the horizon!!
This is exactly what RM is like and its disgusting.You will always get people that work at different speeds,and they cant or wont see that.All they see is what they want to see and the faster the postie is the better.They dont care how the job is done as long as its done as fast as possible and dont have to pay out any overtime.It makes my blood boil.Oh he can do it why cant you!!!! They never take into account the differing ages of the posties either.Dont let them get you down.
maidstoneposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 62
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 18:13
Gender: Male

Why

Post by maidstoneposty »

Stop moaning and just leave, I did and i probably work harder now but am a lot happier. Being self employed gives me a lot of satisfaction and its great making my own decisions.
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

Why

Post by ernieshoe »

maidstoneposty wrote:Stop moaning and just leave, I did and i probably work harder now but am a lot happier. Being self employed gives me a lot of satisfaction and its great making my own decisions.
:Applause :Applause :Applause
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Why

Post by baldrick »

ernieshoe wrote:
maidstoneposty wrote:Stop moaning and just leave, I did and i probably work harder now but am a lot happier. Being self employed gives me a lot of satisfaction and its great making my own decisions.
:Applause :Applause :Applause
What do you think terms & conditions would be like if nobody was prepared to defend them?
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

Why

Post by jetblack »

maidstoneposty wrote:Stop moaning and just leave, I did and i probably work harder now but am a lot happier. Being self employed gives me a lot of satisfaction and its great making my own decisions.
Don't worry - wouldn't surprise me if we in RM are all self employed before too long as well. Seems that every other person these days is self employed. Cheaper for the company.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do