ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by twoloops »

Hanging baskets walked into two today.
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by walkthewalk »

Interested-seeker wrote:
MissKazzyB wrote: Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
Definitely that! Who on earth thought that was a good idea!?
Totally agree and customers who take a decade to answer the door then say did you knock (why did they come to the door then)
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by South_London_Postie »

Well and truly the worst part of any walk, is first thing in the morning listening to the w****r of a DOM or one of his mob, walking down the aisles trying to convince you it's a "light day today" and "you should be finished in no time"!

It does get better when I kick back and say " it certainly will be, especially after I leave the bottom two rows on the frame behind" hahahahahahaah the look on their face is priceless.
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by toomuchcoke »

walkthewalk wrote:Totally agree and customers who take a decade to answer the door then say did you knock (why did they come to the door then)
You forgot about the ones who can't hear the doorbell, or you knocking on the door, but can hear the P739 going through the letterbox from the far end of the garden?
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by deristrong »

Three things spring to mind;
1."Not more bills"! (I mean, really, how many bills do we actually deliver these days)?
2. People who can't sign the PDA and leave a blank screen thinking they have signed it.

3. And the daily occurence,

Dog: "Woof Woof"
Owner: "Stop it Rover"
Dog: "Woof Woof Woof"
Owner: "Rover, that's enough"
Does the owner really think Rover will one day think "Do you know what, that probably is enough, I won't bark tomorrow"?
gone postal
Posts: 98
Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by gone postal »

People who come to the door with their dog and open it about 2" so it can't get out and you can't pass them the PDA so they spend the next 5 minutes putting the dog back in the front room !!!!

People who try about 5 different keys before they can unlock their door!!!!

People who ask you what's in the parcel!!!!
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Pathfinder »

''What am I signing for?''

People who can't just put dogs in another room... how hard can it be??!
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by WOBBLY »

The customers!
Anyone who can't sign the PDA despite being told "don't touch the screen with your hand" :roll: ......oh and those who turn the pda stylus upside down!! WTF is that all about? :arrrghhh

I do however have several gates with awkward catches!
Also THAT road that seems to get a van load of parcels EVERY SINGLE F*****G DAY but no f****r is ever in!! :mad
tone123
Posts: 44
Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 12:09
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by tone123 »

Bella2013 wrote:Oh another one, the people who have dogs that as soon as you post a letter rip it to shreds and you hear the owner running SCREAMING at the dog and going mad....why not just get a box!?!?!? It happens at the same two houses every time I post a letter. Which reminds me of another one...when people pretend to be dogs on the other side of the letterbox and then you hear them in hysterics because they think they've scared you but in reality that's just happened with actual dogs the previous 5 houses so you were expecting it. Idiots.
They won't be laughing as they get poked in the eye with your posting peg.
Similarly, when you get those dogs you know are going to tear the post from your hand via the letterbox. Wait until you get a few hefty magazines to deliver, roll them and make sure it hears you. Thump them through with the palm of your hand - very hard. Everything goes surprisingly quiet.
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by p5aul789 »

The Public !

Customers with "s**t for brains"

Being asking if you have anything for number so and so. I haven't been there yet and i'm not going to rummage around in my bag looking for your post!

Customers asking who the letter or parcel is for! Well it's for your address!

Customers asking if you have anything for them next door! WAIT AND BLOODY WELL SEE!

Customers who come to the door after you have written out a 739 card!

Pathetic dogs, bark, bark, bark, yap, yap, yap, is all you ever hear. I have never been a dog lover, but now I hate them, ALL DOGS SHOULD BE SHOT!

Customers who let their dog come out of the front door and sniff around me and then take objection to me not liking it or pushing it away with my foot!

The public who complain that you knock on their door knockers too hard and come to the door saying "Are you trying to break my door down"?

You are given a choice whether to use the knocker or bell, so you use the knocker, they then say " Is the bell not working"? I DON'T KNOW I HAVEN'T TRIED IT!!

Customers who don't thank you when you hand over a parcel. I walk away saying "Say thank you then" Sometimes they reply "what did you say?" I reply and are met with abuse!

Customers who have to go and find the key to open the porch door!

Customers who have to take the dog and put it in another room before opening the door!

Customers who open their bedroom window and say "Hello" instead of "excuse me" and are too bloody lazy to come down and answer the door!

Customers who come to the door with a pathetic little s**t of a dog that constantly barks in your face! TAKE YOUR BLOODY DOG AND STICK IT UP YOUR ARSE?

I hate the bloody job and hate everything about it! I tell people to "F**k off" half the time, (not to their face, but as walking away) sometimes they hear me, most of the time they don't! However if I do swear at them they deserve it!

I do my job well and am courteous and polite to most of the public. It's the morons I can't stand, I don't suffer fools gladly!

Yes I know, I should be careful about being sacked, and should look for another job. Please see my post regarding finding a full time position. Quite frankly, I'm past caring!

I could go on.....
Last edited by p5aul789 on 12 May 2018, 09:03, edited 13 times in total.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

p5aul789 wrote:The Public!

Customers with "s**t for brains"

Being asking if you have anything for number so and so. I haven't been there yet and i'm not going to rummage around in my bag looking for your post!

Customers asking who the letter or parcel is for! Well it's for your address!

Customers asking if you have anything for them next door! WAIT AND BLOODY WELL SEE!

Customers who come to the door after you have written out a 739 card!

Pathetic dogs, bark, bark, bark, yap, yap, yap, is all you ever hear. I have never been a dog lover, but now I hate them, ALL DOGS SHOULD BE SHOT!

The public who complain that you knock on their door knockers too hard and come to the door saying "Are you trying to break my door down"?

You are given a choice whether to use the knocker or bell, so you use the knocker, they then say " Is the bell not working"? I DON'T KNOW I HAVEN'T TRIED IT!!

Customers who don't thank you when you hand over a parcel. I walk away saying "Say thank you then" Sometimes they reply "what did you say?" I reply and are met with abuse!

Customers who have to go and find the key to open the porch door!

Customers who have to take the dog and put it in another room before opening the door!

Customers who open their bedroom window and say "Hello" instead of "excuse me" and are too bloody lazy to come down and answer the door!

Customers who come to the door with pathetic little s**t of a dog that constantly barks in your face! TAKE YOUR BLOODY DOG AND STICK IT UP YOUR ARSE?


I could go on.....
So you hate everything :left:

My main hate at the moment is the bloody dog that bit the back of my calf on Tuesday. And I also hate the owner for not apologising and seeing if I was ok. All he did was tell the dog off then close the front door. :arrrghhh
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by crimson king »

People who park right outside of their front doors leaving a four inch gap for us to supposedly slide through.

No Access, move along Crimson, nothing to see here!

Or, especially on Saturdays, when their teeny drive is crammed with two or three cars and leaving no discernible gap. I'm so tempted sometimes to jump up and run across the car roofs, yelling 'here's your mail folks!'
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
kevbo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 134
Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by kevbo »

Neighbours asking if they can take in a Special. Then when you reply that you can't they stand there muttering watching you write a card out!
David walters
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 44
Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by David walters »

Walking in garden trying to avoid dog s**t on floor .smell of weed when dope heads open they door for parcel.and scum bags saying it’s a lovely day wen the drinking they cans on they deck chAirs and u are sweating conkors
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by crimson king »

David walters wrote:Walking in garden trying to avoid dog s**t on floor .smell of weed when dope heads open they door for parcel.and scum bags saying it’s a lovely day wen the drinking they cans on they deck chAirs and u are sweating conkors
I covered a duty like this the other week. Open the wooden gate, gauntlet of dog eggs to negotiate en route to letterbox.

I shut the gate, wrote no access on their mail before returning it to the pouch and continued the walk. Told the duty holder back at the van about it and said I'd try again tomorrow if they'd cleared it up a bit and he said fair enough, I do the same.

I'm sure were covered by some basic health and safety guidelines in cases such as this? Even if we're not there's no way I'm picking my way through dog waste to deliver a letter. I'm the same with human mess too. One hot day towards the end of last summer there were flies everywhere on a doorstep where the person had a collection of dirty nappies outside the front door. Call me Mister Picky if you want, but they didn't get any mail that day either.

This job is a real eye opener, some people live in disgusting conditions. If that's what the outside of their properties are like, gawd only knows what lurks inside :hmmmm :no no
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.