ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Floater out of order

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Floater out of order

Post by Darren Bent »

Don't forget the floater might not get the chance to earn money for rest of the week duties due to the regular duties holder completing their duty. There will be winner and losers in this deal.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Floater out of order

Post by LouBarlow »

Off topic, the thread title is usually what is printed on a sheet of A4 and sellotaped to the bogs in our DO.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Floater out of order

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wacko74 wrote:How can they (management) use the argument of no overtime if you're getting paid extra for doing polling cards when you would still be booking overtime anyway without the polling cards?

They can't. If the traffic levels are such that even with the polling cards taken out of the figures you would have gone over then payment of overtime or cutting off is within the terms of the agreement.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
factorycat
Posts: 79
Joined: 19 Mar 2011, 16:31
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by factorycat »

Kings Norton wrote:Polling cards came into my office over the weekend my day off Monday come in this morning the floater has put every polling card in from the walk bagged himself approx £112 I go home with not a carrot, he will do the same on the other walks in the next few days, this needs to be stopped..Greed! would he do my D2ds all in one go? I think not...Fuming.com
im out the country for 4 weeks... So should I moan I'm missing out on potential earnings??... No... Just tuff... So deal with it... Stop being a stupid old man and you just worry about counting all your election money. I bet you won't save the poor floater any leaflets for your next day off... Will ya??..