ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job and Finish needs to go
-
Carryoncas
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 26 Nov 2016, 16:42
- Gender: Female
Job and Finish needs to go
As a new colleague, I'm amazed by some of the crap that RM employees get away with that would never be tolerated anywhere else. On a daily basis I see the laziest ar*eholes in the office giving loops away and going home early and the same poor idiots (me included) working til 4/5pm finishing off aforementioned ar*eholes duty. It's always the same people out on overtime and managers are long gone by the time we get back, on Saturdays the whole office is locked up and we're just told to leave any 739s in the van and post the keys. Don't get me wrong I get on well with the DOM and 99% of my colleagues but there are some serious issues with equality and health and safety in the office. Haggling with managers over OT hours would be unheard of in any other industry but here it's just common practise. I'm not really complaining because at least the bone idle idiots who give the same loops away every day (when the same walk is easily completed by other colleagues in the given time) are handing PTs like me guaranteed OT 
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
The first time I get back early and get told to go and help some lazy git on a piss easy duty or to do there lapsing they couldn't be bothered to take will be the day I join them and start dragging it out. And as for everyone who says do the job properly, I don't come in early or run around but I also don't sit in the van for 20 minutes between each loop like alot of the hard done to "I can't lapse today" " I do the job properly" lot do to ensure they go over there time or get back bang on time no matter how much mail comes in
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
And then you're scum when you cover it and get back 3hrs early!citypostie wrote:The first time I get back early and get told to go and help some lazy git on a piss easy duty or to do there lapsing they couldn't be bothered to take will be the day I join them and start dragging it out. And as for everyone who says do the job properly, I don't come in early or run around but I also don't sit in the van for 20 minutes between each loop like alot of the hard done to "I can't lapse today" " I do the job properly" lot do to ensure they go over there time or get back bang on time no matter how much mail comes in
-
notgoodanymore
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 11:55
- Gender: Female
Job and Finish needs to go
Well how about we all do it the correct waycitypostie wrote:The first time I get back early and get told to go and help some lazy git on a piss easy duty or to do there lapsing they couldn't be bothered to take will be the day I join them and start dragging it out. And as for everyone who says do the job properly, I don't come in early or run around but I also don't sit in the van for 20 minutes between each loop like alot of the hard done to "I can't lapse today" " I do the job properly" lot do to ensure they go over there time or get back bang on time no matter how much mail comes in
no lapsing = more jobs
do it fast and extra work = dom gets bonus and pt lose their hours
how's about we start helping the low pt contracted hours
get a lift by working to your times ??
it's about time everyone started to stick together
We are at the bottom of the pile.....
and they have all the workforce moaning against each other...
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
Why are you a poor idiot when you are choosing to, and happy to, do the OT?Carryoncas wrote:As a new colleague, I'm amazed by some of the crap that RM employees get away with that would never be tolerated anywhere else. On a daily basis I see the laziest ar*eholes in the office giving loops away and going home early and the same poor idiots (me included) working til 4/5pm finishing off aforementioned ar*eholes duty. It's always the same people out on overtime and managers are long gone by the time we get back, on Saturdays the whole office is locked up and we're just told to leave any 739s in the van and post the keys. Don't get me wrong I get on well with the DOM and 99% of my colleagues but there are some serious issues with equality and health and safety in the office. Haggling with managers over OT hours would be unheard of in any other industry but here it's just common practise. I'm not really complaining because at least the bone idle idiots who give the same loops away every day (when the same walk is easily completed by other colleagues in the given time) are handing PTs like me guaranteed OT
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
What those same pt staff and new starters who have said they won't take any industrial action over pensions because it doesn't affect them? No thanksnotgoodanymore wrote:Well how about we all do it the correct waycitypostie wrote:The first time I get back early and get told to go and help some lazy git on a piss easy duty or to do there lapsing they couldn't be bothered to take will be the day I join them and start dragging it out. And as for everyone who says do the job properly, I don't come in early or run around but I also don't sit in the van for 20 minutes between each loop like alot of the hard done to "I can't lapse today" " I do the job properly" lot do to ensure they go over there time or get back bang on time no matter how much mail comes in
no lapsing = more jobs
do it fast and extra work = dom gets bonus and pt lose their hours
how's about we start helping the low pt contracted hours
get a lift by working to your times ??
it's about time everyone started to stick together
We are at the bottom of the pile.....
and they have all the workforce moaning against each other...
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
Wouldn't know about that Benson I've got my own duty, and if someone can get round it quicker than me fair play to thembensonhedge wrote:And then you're scum when you cover it and get back 3hrs early!citypostie wrote:The first time I get back early and get told to go and help some lazy git on a piss easy duty or to do there lapsing they couldn't be bothered to take will be the day I join them and start dragging it out. And as for everyone who says do the job properly, I don't come in early or run around but I also don't sit in the van for 20 minutes between each loop like alot of the hard done to "I can't lapse today" " I do the job properly" lot do to ensure they go over there time or get back bang on time no matter how much mail comes in
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
Of course what is never mentioned in all this is, Royal mail don't care a jot now about what time customers, (yes even people receiving mail are customers, as I expect they do send mail as well), get their mail.
Businesses want their mail as soon as possible in the working day, not wait for heel draggers to rock up at 2pm.
Businesses want their mail as soon as possible in the working day, not wait for heel draggers to rock up at 2pm.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
Work expands to fit the time available. Parkinson's Law, in Economics. Speaks for its self really. 
-
Dan2000
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 19:14
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
When our branch put clocking In and out to CWU conference last your it was laughed at .So who is frightened of working all paid hours. As a rep in a DO I stand up every week and say the same thing DO YOUR JOB RIGHT and that will take you to your time. If we want to protect our jobs its down to all OPGS.
-
Stunl3y
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
Wouldnt mind seeing my manager use a clocking in and clocking out machine , bang would go his visits early afternoon to the Gym and his early finishes on a Saturday
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
There's no way this would work for several reasons. The main reason, like other people have said, is that those finishing early would just intentionally work slower - why rush and get paid the same to do more work?
Also, the reason you only see this in RM is that we're one of the very few companies where you start each day with your entire day's workload, which can vary from day to day. You can only deliver what comes to your frame every morning, unlike say a supermarket where you might get a customer walk in 5 minutes before closing, meaning you can't just close an hour early because it's quiet at 10pm.
Also, the reason you only see this in RM is that we're one of the very few companies where you start each day with your entire day's workload, which can vary from day to day. You can only deliver what comes to your frame every morning, unlike say a supermarket where you might get a customer walk in 5 minutes before closing, meaning you can't just close an hour early because it's quiet at 10pm.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
He works on a SaturdayStunl3y wrote:Wouldnt mind seeing my manager use a clocking in and clocking out machine , bang would go his visits early afternoon to the Gym and his early finishes on a Saturday
-
peterthetree
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 28 Apr 2014, 14:34
- Gender: Male
Job and Finish needs to go
never happen .work in surry office it happens here.same people moan but get back 1 or 2 hours early .because they play golf with management and s they left alone .and new people in job stay out hours beyond time and not get paid.chill and don't get involved get what you can out of job for yourself. and leave it's a shite job run by w*****s for most part other w*****s
-
antcpfc
- Posts: 629
- Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25
Job and Finish needs to go
If we get back early and work has been left by others we will be sent out to do it.We don't get back early as our duties are s**t.
Slider tool. Lol.