ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?

Post by woopesh »

wannabeek wrote:The pens available are the cheapest possible bulk order variety. I was given 2 brand new ones out of the box one once. One of them exploded in my shirt chest pocket 4 hours later, the other dried up and stopped working the next day. You're missing nothing if you've never seen an RM pen!
I ask for one now if I need one to sign in but leave it at the board, as they are so useless. If you are desperate then it's usually possible to get a free biro at a bank or garage if you ask nicely!
Yes, This. I find the ball in the tip falls out if you drop the pen or use the tip to lift the corner of recorded delivery sticker. They then proceed to leak everywhere in your bag etc. I started buying my own pens.