ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Insurance scam?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Insurance scam?

Post by Chewster »

castra wrote:On my old walk I had two addresses where there was a special instruction amongst the re-di book to only deliver mail of a certain name, ie mr smith, mrs jones, and to kill off all other mail with different names. One had been involved in a neighbour dispute. He started receiving advertising crap in the name of Micky Mouse, Dick Head etc. Obviously he only wanted genuine mail. If I get mail thrown back at me, claiming unknown, I would kill it off as refused but also advise the customer to contact RM to have only mail with a specific name delivered to that address.
Aye but then it's important to watch for these people moving away and the order not being gotten rid of. One of the duties I do tends to have a different person on it most days, for one address there is "only so and so" at this address, I've seen me killing everything off, only to then find that so and so has moved!