ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
26th December
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 26th December
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 29#p710829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
theargyspy
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Re: 26th December
Bahia Feliz wrote:If the day after Christmas Day: Boxing day falls on a Saturday the bank holiday day off automatically moves to Monday.
Boxing Day is Saturday 26th December.
Monday 28th December is a bank holiday!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pedant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: 26th December
Bonfire night is still on the 5th of November, right? At least tell me that's in stone.
-
Hector8
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 19:33
- Gender: Male
Re: 26th December
Now I know we have a massive 4 days off, I'm going to order a big box of biscuits and some after eights like normal people.
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: 26th December
4 days of biscuits, chocs and After Eights. Cant wait to get back to work and burn it off
.
-
jjpratten
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 29 Apr 2015, 20:27
- Gender: Female
Re: 26th December
How will the christmas bank holidays work for part timers. My work day is a Saturday and not a Monday. Will I get paid for the Saturday aswell as a day in leiu for the Monday bank holiday or will I just get paid for the Saturday where full-timers wouldn't?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 26th December
Full Timers and Part Timers due to work on the Saturday WILL be paid as a normal day.jjpratten wrote:How will the christmas bank holidays work for part timers. My work day is a Saturday and not a Monday. Will I get paid for the Saturday aswell as a day in leiu for the Monday bank holiday or will I just get paid for the Saturday where full-timers wouldn't?
You don't have to work extra hours over the week to claw back which some managers will suggest or insist on.
Monday is an official bank holiday, so if you qualify (only question is if you work less than 4 days a week) you will be paid for it, and you will receive a day off in lieu if it was your rostered day off. (or you can elect to be overtime for it).
The only "losers" are those that have a rostered day off on the Saturday, they won't get a day off in lieu as its not a holiday, officially it will be a working day with no work. In theory they could insist we all work it, but the chances are slim.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: 26th December
or they can use Christmas day as day off instead ;)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 26th December
Not officially there is nothing, but when bosses have tried stuff like this on with me I don't do any favours for them, but I will do favours for other managers - it gets the message across - play fair with me and I'll return the favour - don't and I'll do the same.madmax1 wrote:Just thinking aloud here TrueBlue, but imagine a scenario (shouldn't be too difficult this one) where you've not had a Saturday off since your first week in the job, and then hey presto, would you believe it, 26th December you get Saturday off that week. Would there be anything you could do in terms of agreements/procedures about being taken for a mug??
If you have a decent rep you could ask him if he could get a feeling from the DOM about the Saturday, and if the answers what we all expect see if the rep could get something going. Certainly if all reserves and floaters all get the 26th off I would be kicking off, that would be blatantly unfair and is the sign of weak and lazy management.
At least they'd get a day off in lieu that way.Darren Bent wrote:or they can use Christmas day as day off instead ;)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Re: 26th December
Rmtv 5th October states " ..the VAST MAJORITY of our people will not be at work on the 26 December" . Does that mean the minority are only staff who want to work overtime on that day ?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: 26th December
The guy who puts in wages and does the duty rosters at our place still assures me people who are Saturday off that week will get a day back in lieu for it. It would be ludicrous not to.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Full Timers and Part Timers due to work on the Saturday WILL be paid as a normal day.jjpratten wrote:How will the christmas bank holidays work for part timers. My work day is a Saturday and not a Monday. Will I get paid for the Saturday aswell as a day in leiu for the Monday bank holiday or will I just get paid for the Saturday where full-timers wouldn't?
You don't have to work extra hours over the week to claw back which some managers will suggest or insist on.
Monday is an official bank holiday, so if you qualify (only question is if you work less than 4 days a week) you will be paid for it, and you will receive a day off in lieu if it was your rostered day off. (or you can elect to be overtime for it).
The only "losers" are those that have a rostered day off on the Saturday, they won't get a day off in lieu as its not a holiday, officially it will be a working day with no work. In theory they could insist we all work it, but the chances are slim.
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: 26th December
Our leave officer told me that those who are rotored for the Saturday off will not be getting a day off in lieu. So I'll be having a terrible stomach bug one day that week! 
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: 26th December
If that's the case why not stretch it out a few days, get justice plus interest!scorched wrote:Our leave officer told me that those who are rotored for the Saturday off will not be getting a day off in lieu. So I'll be having a terrible stomach bug one day that week!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: 26th December
and hope it does,nt comeback to haunt you when you are genuinely sick.rambo1 wrote:If that's the case why not stretch it out a few days, get justice plus interest!scorched wrote:Our leave officer told me that those who are rotored for the Saturday off will not be getting a day off in lieu. So I'll be having a terrible stomach bug one day that week!