ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Worried about going into work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Boydieboydie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Feb 2011, 14:12
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Boydieboydie »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Boydieboydie wrote:Not sure what he said on this occasion,
I wont repeat it but as I said it was enough to earn anyone a ban.
Boydieboydie wrote:but he has said a few borderline things before so glad to have him gone.
Yes, he was on my RADAR but never actually crossed the line.
Boydieboydie wrote:I didn't realise you could get reported on here though,
We don't report you, but there are plenty of lurkers and managers that have had words with members in the real world, about what they posted. We have even had a few sacked so its best to be careful and post only what you would say to a manager in a face to face.
Boydieboydie wrote:is calling him an arse reportable lol. You got me worried now :silenced
Unless he turns out to be your manager I don't think you have a problem. But calling anyone an arse is not a good move.
Boydieboydie wrote:And how would you know who he is! :hmmmm
I don't know him personally. However, people always leave clues and make it fairly easy for managers to identify a particular poster from their Unit/team. I myself told my Managers who I am to avoid any issues but its always best to be honest, respectful and as said before its best not to post anything you are not prepapred to repeat or defend.
Nice detail and useful to know. I've heard of people getting into trouble on Facebook but thought this was pretty anonymous!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Its still anonymous, but if you give enough clues and someone recognises your style of posting then its pretty easy to identify you.

For instance.

I was on holiday this week = means you have narrowed the field of suspects by at least 1/48
I went to another office and enjoyed it -
Got bitten by a dog today.

All very innocuous posts which you wont get in trouble for, but all of them help narrow down who you are. :hmmmm

Then if you post one that could get you in trouble, all the hard work of identifying you has been done already and they pounce.


Not trying to scare anyone, just advising everyone what could happen, that's why we have rules and why we enforce them. I hate it when a post on RMC backfires on the poster so I do my best to try and not let it. However I can't be on here 24/7 so people have to take some personal responsibility.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by DB1100 »

Minor point Jack,the military are not inflation proof and they don't get bonuses when they come back off exercise,it's very hard to spend money when you are living in shell scrapes for a couple of weeks and same again when they come back of a tour,apart from that I agree 100% with your post and have a lot of sympathy for your position.
For we were soldiers once,and young
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by meercat »

Jack Rouse wrote: I've got to the point where I getting more and more worked up about going tomorrow, fearing the confrontation that is bound to happen, and the arguments that will ensue.
My advice would be this - forget everything about the job and the people in it for now and focus on the above. You need to first work on your own feelings about the situation THEN go on to the actual problem (which is the workload they are expecting you to do).

No matter how much work they want to put on you the most important thing is not that - it is your reaction. Try to stay detached from the job. At the end of the day it is only a job and only money to pay your billls. You are more important than any poxy job or bills. Staying calm and detached from the stress will solve all your problems overnight. If you can do that then you go in, do what you can do, and go home. It's simple so don't try to over-complicate matters.

Good luck.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Moderator did indeed ban him.

Unacceptable behaviour.

You can disagree with someone, you can even suggest they are lazy, but you can't do it with abuse and in a way that could be construed as Bullying and Harassment.

In fact what he posted would get an ordinary postie sacked for gross misconduct, what would happen to a manager I can only guess at, but hopefully it would be the same.

If you do re-register Bishbashbosh then please be aware that I will ban further accounts even if I only suspect they are yours. Your behaviour was borderline in some respects, but on this matter you went completely over the top.
TBT,
Banning bishbashbosh was probably the only option :thumbup but isn't it likely that anyone that goes completely over the top with behaviour that could be construed as Bullying and Harassment, equivalent to gross misconduct, themselves has significant psychological problems and will probably need help ( though not from here ) ? :shock:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.