ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Next Gen PDA'S
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Next Gen PDA'S
I just want something that does not feel with me dread when I knock on a door and see the blue light of death on the thing.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
thehobbit
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Next Gen PDA'S
same here all my specials are failing as I do not have a way of confirming them , managers can not do anything to me and have told me to use the old paper and sign and as I report the failing PDA on a daily basis ,and they will not or can not replace it with one that lasts more than a few minsfly-catchers wrote:I am back to using pen and paper- like the old days! No PDA I have been issued with this week has lasted to the first time its needed. Either a dieing/dead battery or endless buffering with those swirling black dots and 30 mins before the deliver or undelivered screen disappears. Total crap the lot of them!
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Next Gen PDA'S
How do those with faulty PDAs deal with tracked items? I have asked what the procedure is as these are supposed to be scanned at doorstep for tracking purposes but got the vacant look and shrug of shoulders. Surely not be able to scan at doorstep breaches the contract RM have with Amazon or other tracked business customers.
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Next Gen PDA'S
If it's delivered, write down the barcode and get someone with a working PDA to manually enter it as delivered. If it's not delivered, get them to scan it. Doubtless doesn't mean the standard that any contract the RM have requires but what else can you do? <shrugs> I don't know if that's the official procedure, but it's what we used to do in my office until we had enough PDAs for everyone[1].Mr_Pink wrote:How do those with faulty PDAs deal with tracked items? I have asked what the procedure is as these are supposed to be scanned at doorstep for tracking purposes but got the vacant look and shrug of shoulders. Surely not be able to scan at doorstep breaches the contract RM have with Amazon or other tracked business customers.
[1] When it generally meant it was the shared-van people who ended up with only 1 PDA between them. Not sure what they'd do now given how the shared van duties have been split into a van duty and a HCT duty. Not sure how they account for the 20 minutes of walking each way to/from the start/end of one of the duties in question.