Does anyone know how to order an ID badge, I did have one after being sat RM just 6 months. I never wore it, then they started checking we were wearing them, I wore mine for half a duty then lost it somewhere. I'm on the same duty every day so kept an eye out for it, but didn't find it. Reported to my Lino, bookroom manager & DOM, nothing happened, got a new LiNO Bookroom Manager & DoM, asked for a replacement, but still no sign of it. I cannot remember how many times I have requested one over the last 3 years.
Is there anywhere we can order our own stuff, like the uniform website?
As all the managers are far to busy to do menial tasks like order ID badges, posting pegs, update walk logs etc.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12201
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
afaik it's either resource unit staff or line managers (one of the two) who orders them
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
I'll ask again, next time I go to work.
I only really want it to get into English heritage sites for free.
I only really want it to get into English heritage sites for free.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
My original expired in 2012, it took management over 4 years to get me a replacement 
-
herdie
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 04 May 2014, 14:12
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
Just completed 8 years and still not been issued with a pass although have had my photo taken twice. I thought it was something they gave you after 10 years service.
-
bergos
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 18:44
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
Been working at RM for going on 1 1/2 years now, asked my manager for ID badge pretty much once a week, every week as sitting at the gate waiting to get buzzed in is a pain.
Still no sign of a ID badge from my managers, yet if I forget to sign one of the countless signing in/out sheets they're soon on my case!
If they don't give me an ID badge should I just sit outside the office until they do and not work? haha i wish.
Still no sign of a ID badge from my managers, yet if I forget to sign one of the countless signing in/out sheets they're soon on my case!
If they don't give me an ID badge should I just sit outside the office until they do and not work? haha i wish.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12201
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
I wonder if it'd be worth you asking IB who you need to ask to get your ID badge sorted
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: All employees must wear and display photo ID when on si
Dogs Body would probably suffice as that's what you will be.erica_ca_ca wrote:Hi, I'm a newbie!![]()
I've just been asked to send in a photo for my id badge but also been asked the following:
'Could you also indicate a preferred name that you would like printed on the reverse side of your Photo ID card. This should be the name that you are usually known as, but cannot be offensive to any person.'
Would this be just my first name or my full name?
Thanks in advance!
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
It seems from reading this, it appears quiet a few posties don't have an ID badge. I know of at least 6 people at my office who don't have an ID badge, i'm a part-timer who doesn't see many posties, so its probably 5 or 10 times that.
http://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2014/10 ... ee-your-id

http://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2014/10 ... ee-your-id
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
Here you can now order your own ID badge................... If you have access to a RM computer.
https://admin.myroyalmail.com/news/2017 ... your-smile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://admin.myroyalmail.com/news/2017 ... your-smile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32809
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
http://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2017/04 ... your-smile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Lance Jack
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
All employees must wear and display photo ID when on site
I was just going home one day and was standing by the exit chatting to a couple of postmen. A guy walks in with his ID hanging from his waist, he walks around and then comes up and says "Do you know who I am?" I reply "If you don't know who you are how am I suppose to know who you are?" I then walked out. They said the next day that wasn't the answer he wanted.