ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Quiet week?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Quiet week?

Post by bustedflush »

Judgee wrote:Well going back to the original post which seems to have turned into a political "do your job properly" debate. I guess you sort of have your answer Busted, the work load varied across the board! :thumbup
Yes, fair comment. That's all I was looking for, not a beating for trolley/no trolley or breaks etc. I suspect Clash is in an urban area as opposed to my suburban one therefore his work may be reduced by the presence of TNT. Anyway, thanks for the responses people. :thumbup
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Quiet week?

Post by Chelseablue »

We've been really out the door ,everyone was on at least an hour docket yesterday ,mind u we won't get paid for going over
Legs once again are dead this morning. We've been busy all week ,
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Quiet week?

Post by OnAFlyer »

clashcityrocker wrote:I think some of you need to have a serious rethink.
I started on time.
I took my full 40 minute meal relief prior to departure.
I did 1/5th of my D2D. (extra due to BH)
I use my trolley. I scan everything with a barcode. I don't take any shortcuts.
I finished 1 hour early because THERE ISN'T ENOUGH WORK.

What do you do then?
Drag your feet, then accuse anyone finishing early of ruining the job. Then start shouting that lapsing is all their fault, and we'd all still be doing 2 deliveries and starting at 5am etc etc if they just walked slower.

:whistle
PleasedButSticky
Posts: 51
Joined: 04 Feb 2014, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: Quiet week?

Post by PleasedButSticky »

Relativity quiet week but I've booked 3 hours overtime so far, the manager let too many full timers have leave over the week (not that he cares because he's off himself) so the part timers have had big piles of mail to throw in when we arrive. Full timers still managing to get out early and enjoy a nice early dart tho... Pretty inefficient way to run a DO IMO, but if I'm making money from it... then what the hell.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Quiet week?

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:I think some of you need to have a serious rethink.
I started on time.
I took my full 40 minute meal relief prior to departure.
I did 1/5th of my D2D. (extra due to BH)
I use my trolley. I scan everything with a barcode. I don't take any shortcuts.
I finished 1 hour early because THERE ISN'T ENOUGH WORK.

What do you do then?
Tell the DOM you haven't enough work and need hours taking out of the office, or make duties part time, or sack a few and lapse the duties. :cuppa
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Quiet week?

Post by arnold cheshire »

bustedflush wrote:Well, Tuesday finished walk at 11:40 including lapsing, beat my previous early finish (been postie 15 months) by 15 minutes. Today finished at 12:20, smashing my Weds. record by 35 minutes. No early start, but took break after delivery. DOM just let us go home afterwards, weren't sent out again.
I have noticed this before, when you get a nice weekend people aren't sitting inside ordering crap from feeBay etc. so the knock-on is a quiet week plus people away for Easter. Only 3 door-dustbins too after 7,6,7 in previous 3 weeks. I take it most of the rest have found it quiet too?
friday was very quiet and monday will be :left: