And if they have Bill and Dave on board ............not THE board.................welcome to the food bankLounge Lizard wrote:RM would surely like to take a leaf out of TNTs modus operandi and pay us all the minimum wage.dvbuk55 wrote:Exactly what are we going to do about it both as employees and union members, particularly union members when the CWU is recruiting TNT staff to boost membership from falling numbers in RM? It's inevitable that parts of delivery will be cherry picked. Perhaps RM will take a leaf out of TNTs modus operandi and do three day alternate deliveries - who knows. I say again what are we going to do about it .............it may even be part of the AFG 2014 how would we know?Brain Fury wrote:It's very dangerous to be complacent about TNTs aspirations or capabilities. Or to expect OFCOM to do anything to stop them. Glasgow soon.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
TNT in Liverpool
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
When it comes to end to end deliveries for letters the only way to proctect the USO is to have one nationwide provider. TNT are destroying the USO more so every time they expand their abysmal service a round the country.
-
haveagojoe
- Posts: 159
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 18:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: You Guess
Re: TNT in Liverpool
I don,t thinkit helps having a massive advertisment banner on the bottom and sometimes top for TNT on this site!!!!!!!!!!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
I see adverts for women's underwear all over the place but it doesn't mean I'm going to start buying it to wear........againhaveagojoe wrote:I don,t thinkit helps having a massive advertisment banner on the bottom and sometimes top for TNT on this site!!!!!!!!!!
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
WCM and the "continued efficient programme" are not the same thing. Nobody knows which jobs are going until the new structure is released in mid-April but WCM isn't going away so the job cuts are unlikely to have any effect on CWU grades involved with it. The use of the phrase "continued efficiency" signals that RM has been told by Ofcom that it must have done all it can to improve efficiency before Ofcom will involve itself with the growth of TNT direct delivery. The 1300 job cuts are surely just the first step in "continued efficiency".daveyeff wrote:aye, they are world class mail managers ( or ''continued efficiency programme ) as its now known. also they are dropping cwu people who are involved with it. squeeky bum time for some then.clashcityrocker wrote:Moya has been lobbying MPs and the business is writing a stern letter to Ofcom asking them to put a stop to all TNTs naughty cherry-picking.dvbuk55 wrote: I say again what are we going to do about it .............it may even be part of the AFG 2014 how would we know?
And that I think is about it.
Oh and we are getting rid of about 1300 non operational managers.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
our dom seems to think it is,,,,and the courier put flyers out yesterday. cwu grades involved will go. when asked what world class mail actually was, the reply was continued improvement and efficiency. its been confirmed on here so many times. so to recap, continued improvement and efficiency=wcm.......it will go away. when they realise how much money is being thrown down the pan at this garbage.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
Looking like it's squeaky bum time for Brain, could he be in the firing line or is he too important for the bullet. I think he's wrong about WCM because you don't need coloured charts and those intellectually challenged with crayons to improve efficiency: what you need is commitment and a really efficient work plan and RM has neither despite the hail fellow well met with the Union.
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
Perhaps I've misunderstood so just to be clear, are you saying that the 1300 job cuts and specifically the CWU grades affected are those involved in WCM?daveyeff wrote:our dom seems to think it is,,,,and the courier put flyers out yesterday. cwu grades involved will go. when asked what world class mail actually was, the reply was continued improvement and efficiency. its been confirmed on here so many times. so to recap, continued improvement and efficiency=wcm.......it will go away. when they realise how much money is being thrown down the pan at this garbage.
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
I have absolutely no involvement in WCM but I am absolutely sure that I am "in the firing line". As it happens that suits me down to the ground.dvbuk55 wrote:Looking like it's squeaky bum time for Brain, could he be in the firing line or is he too important for the bullet. I think he's wrong about WCM because you don't need coloured charts and those intellectually challenged with crayons to improve efficiency: what you need is commitment and a really efficient work plan and RM has neither despite the hail fellow well met with the Union.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
yes. did you not see the courier newsflash.Brain Fury wrote:Perhaps I've misunderstood so just to be clear, are you saying that the 1300 job cuts and specifically the CWU grades affected are those involved in WCM?daveyeff wrote:our dom seems to think it is,,,,and the courier put flyers out yesterday. cwu grades involved will go. when asked what world class mail actually was, the reply was continued improvement and efficiency. its been confirmed on here so many times. so to recap, continued improvement and efficiency=wcm.......it will go away. when they realise how much money is being thrown down the pan at this garbage.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: TNT in Liverpool
Adblock will stop you seeing the offensive crap especially as you are on Fire-fox -haveagojoe wrote:I don,t thinkit helps having a massive advertisment banner on the bottom and sometimes top for TNT on this site!!!!!!!!!!
We can't control what appears on the Adverts its down to your cookies and what the discussion on the page is about. This one is TNT so the adverts are for TNT.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
Well it might not. Being a manager at RM is not quite the stairway to success because the business has quite a narrow base of experience to take somewhere else. I once remember one manager saying how RM managers were a prize asset outside RM and were being "head hunted", he did retire on ill health though.Brain Fury wrote:I have absolutely no involvement in WCM but I am absolutely sure that I am "in the firing line". As it happens that suits me down to the ground.dvbuk55 wrote:Looking like it's squeaky bum time for Brain, could he be in the firing line or is he too important for the bullet. I think he's wrong about WCM because you don't need coloured charts and those intellectually challenged with crayons to improve efficiency: what you need is commitment and a really efficient work plan and RM has neither despite the hail fellow well met with the Union.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: TNT in Liverpool
I don't think "Brain" is an operational manager so he may well have some marketable managerial skills. Unlike the average DO Team Leader whose main skill is high scoring on Candy Crush Saga.dvbuk55 wrote:Well it might not. Being a manager at RM is not quite the stairway to success because the business has quite a narrow base of experience to take somewhere else. I once remember one manager saying how RM managers were a prize asset outside RM and were being "head hunted", he did retire on ill health though.Brain Fury wrote:I have absolutely no involvement in WCM but I am absolutely sure that I am "in the firing line". As it happens that suits me down to the ground.dvbuk55 wrote:Looking like it's squeaky bum time for Brain, could he be in the firing line or is he too important for the bullet. I think he's wrong about WCM because you don't need coloured charts and those intellectually challenged with crayons to improve efficiency: what you need is commitment and a really efficient work plan and RM has neither despite the hail fellow well met with the Union.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: TNT in Liverpool
I've still got French property and Christians make better lovers.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
We can't control what appears on the Adverts its down to your cookies and what the discussion on the page is about. This one is TNT so the adverts are for TNT.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: TNT in Liverpool
yes. did you not see the courier newsflash.[/quote]daveyeff wrote:
Perhaps I've misunderstood so just to be clear, are you saying that the 1300 job cuts and specifically the CWU grades affected are those involved in WCM?
Have you got the exact wording of the Courier newsflash?
I read it but your understanding of the content is completely different to mine.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.