ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by k979aaa »

royalmailslave wrote:Been a postie for near on 16 years I weighed 20 stone but was very mobile and carried it well......park and loop came in and I shed 6 stone in just over 12 months

I knocked 6 inches off my waist
Dropped 4 shirt sizes
Dropped 3 wedding ring sizes

I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic it feels and how it's literally given me n new lease of life,I can safely say I will never go back to that again
I can beat that I lost 300 pounds now I don't do overtime as I don't get paid it!
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by bustedflush »

Docket left wrote:
bustedflush wrote:Crikey I've lost a stone and a half since joining and can now eat anything without putting weight on when off work. My metabolism has increased as should have yours. I don't eat during work, only take on water as the person above says. Muscle weighs more than lard, maybe you have put on weight as you were in a sedentary job before and have turned from lard-ass into a more fit person?
"Muscle weighs more than lard " :left: a tonne of feathers weighs the same as a tonne of lead .... Weight is weight !!!
You know exactly what I meant. Two people exactly the same dimensions, one has 30% body fat and one 15%, the one with 15% body fat weighs more. A litre of muscle weighs more than a litre of fat. When you next make a pasta, cook the mince and pour water on it - the fat floats on the top and can be poured off, the meat sinks.
JoeWagg
Posts: 79
Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 23:03
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by JoeWagg »

I've lost just under a stone in a month since I started. I'm glad to read some of the replies on here as I thought there was something seriously wrong with me!
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by catch22 »

i lost about 4 stone, but was also dieting, and drinking lots of water. only put a little back on, when my diet has returned to steak pie and diet coke.
Pokermon
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by Pokermon »

Is surprising how much the body adapts
Brb when I started I was fit as hell
Brb body adapts to the walking and slowly put on weight
Brb all the walking has ruined my knees
Brb can't do extra cardio coz my body is in bits
Brb time to be a fat bastard
Brb hate this job
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by Barbel »

I've lost loads of weight since starting the job at the beginning of this year. I wasn't big before but I'm now under 9 stone and probably need to put a bit of weight back on. I can't understand how anyone can be big doing this job unless they're eating 24/7.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by fishtank »

Barbel wrote: I can't understand how anyone can be big doing this job unless they're eating 24/7.
We drink a lot. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
BernardBresslaw
Posts: 381
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by BernardBresslaw »

You wait till you reach your late 30s! The old metabolism slows to a crawl.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by Barbel »

fishtank wrote:
Barbel wrote: I can't understand how anyone can be big doing this job unless they're eating 24/7.
We drink a lot. :neutral:
So do I! Not every night but I do make up for it at the weekend. :Very Happy
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by Barbel »

BernardBresslaw wrote:You wait till you reach your late 30s! The old metabolism slows to a crawl.
My late 30's have been and gone, I'm 42! :nervous
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Barbel wrote:
BernardBresslaw wrote:You wait till you reach your late 30s! The old metabolism slows to a crawl.
My late 30's have been and gone, I'm 42! :nervous
You're female. It is different.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:You're female. It is different.
The male/female dynamic explained in 5 words.
Who needs Germaine Greer? :Very Happy
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by Barbel »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Barbel wrote:
BernardBresslaw wrote:You wait till you reach your late 30s! The old metabolism slows to a crawl.
My late 30's have been and gone, I'm 42! :nervous
You're female. It is different.
In what way is it different? If anything men tend to have higher metabolism's than women as men have a 5% lower fat content than women so lose weight quicker.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by fishtank »

Barbel wrote:In what way is it different? If anything men tend to have higher metabolism's than women as men have a 5% lower fat content than women so lose weight quicker.
You are female,you eat things like vegetables and fruit.

We are men,we hunt,kill and eat meat....and chocolate bars.
Our idea of vegetables is a plate of chips....with meat.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?

Post by Barbel »

fishtank wrote:
Barbel wrote:In what way is it different? If anything men tend to have higher metabolism's than women as men have a 5% lower fat content than women so lose weight quicker.
You are female,you eat things like vegetables and fruit.

We are men,we hunt,kill and eat meat....and chocolate bars.
Our idea of vegetables is a plate of chips....with meat.
LOL what have you hunted down and killed lately? I don't eat a lot of fruit or veg, I even had a choccy bar today. :whistle