ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Dom's at it again

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spilie
Posts: 515
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 21:48

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by spilie »

best way of making sure you get the recovery time you need is to let them know that you will tell them when you are ready, but if you feel pressured ask them to put it in writing that they are ignoring your reservations and ask them to sign it, then if you were to have a relapse or an accident you would have the proof that you were correct
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by phronsias »

Darren Bent wrote:I heard lot of bad things about ATOS, and my union rep say they are ok and helpful. Any tip on handling ATOS. I want to make sure I don't do any delivery work until I am healed and balance restored.
Hi
Ive had run ins with Atos, most of them bad!!!!!!! but the last time came as a shock, the atos person knew what IBS is and her report supports me, so pigs do fly. I only advice I can give is "tell the truth but be on your guard"
Best of luck
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by bigcol »

Darren Bent wrote:I heard lot of bad things about ATOS, and my union rep say they are ok and helpful. Any tip on handling ATOS. I want to make sure I don't do any delivery work until I am healed and balance restored.
I've had a number of dealings with ATOS, all of them good, for me that is.

What you need to remember is that 99.9% of them don't have a clue about the job so can only write in the report what you tell them. Make sure you list down all the things about the job you can or can't do before the phone call and then mention them.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by phronsias »

phronsias wrote:Hi
If you've read my last few post you'll know I suffer from IBS and to cut a long story short, Atos say I should stay on my walk , the DOM told me today he wants to take me off my walk and will give me some walks to pick from Friday, I don't want to come off my walk, can he do this and over ride the Atos report? He is doing this because I work to my time.
Thanks
Hi
I filled out and sent off a b & h complaint form last week, the day before yesterday I received a phone call from the employment relations care management team, she asked me 20 mins or so of questions and said I had a case , and the managers had failed in their duty of care and other things I cant go into and she was escalating it to a stage two and asked me if I had any leave in the next 5 or 6 weeks, I said no, she then told me a investigating officer ( I'm not sure the exact title) would hear my case. I was so relieved that I was getting some support, this morning I received a letter from the employment relations care management team, telling me it wasn't b & h , it was a grievance. I felt sick to my stomach What can I do about this? How can it change overnight?

Thanks
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by Sidley »

Obviously the conniving shithouses don't want to admit its B&H so they downgrade it pretty much automatically. No one from RM is going to be on your side when to comes to accusing one of their number of B&H so watch this investigating officer bastard. He may even suggest it's better to go the grievance route rather than open yourself up to dismissal for a vexatious B&H accusation.
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by halfull »

phronsias wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
If you've read my last few post you'll know I suffer from IBS and to cut a long story short, Atos say I should stay on my walk , the DOM told me today he wants to take me off my walk and will give me some walks to pick from Friday, I don't want to come off my walk, can he do this and over ride the Atos report? He is doing this because I work to my time.
Thanks
Hi
I filled out and sent off a b & h complaint form last week, the day before yesterday I received a phone call from the employment relations care management team, she asked me 20 mins or so of questions and said I had a case , and the managers had failed in their duty of care and other things I cant go into and she was escalating it to a stage two and asked me if I had any leave in the next 5 or 6 weeks, I said no, she then told me a investigating officer ( I'm not sure the exact title) would hear my case. I was so relieved that I was getting some support, this morning I received a letter from the employment relations care management team, telling me it wasn't b & h , it was a grievance. I felt sick to my stomach What can I do about this? How can it change overnight?

Thanks
ive had the same,the system 'seems' corrupt :nervous
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by phronsias »

Sidley wrote:Obviously the conniving shithouses don't want to admit its B&H so they downgrade it pretty much automatically. No one from RM is going to be on your side when to comes to accusing one of their number of B&H so watch this investigating officer bastard. He may even suggest it's better to go the grievance route rather than open yourself up to dismissal for a vexatious B&H accusation.
Hi
There is no case of b & h its a grievance, that's what the letter said.
Thanks
Last edited by phronsias on 09 Dec 2013, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by music4essex »

Hi
These is no case of b & h its a grievance, that's what the letter said.
Thanks
I had that , I asked the area rep to come with me to the interview, then after said after that I wanted to escalate this to headquarters, as far as I am concernded it is B?H it is just RM not beliveing it is B/H and so can say this does not go on
especially from managers and not what RM belive it is postie to postie.

still the new code of conduct could be quoted in the newly shiny booklet that came through this week :roll:

Essex mum :cuppa
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by phronsias »

music4essex wrote:
Hi
These is no case of b & h its a grievance, that's what the letter said.
Thanks
I had that , I asked the area rep to come with me to the interview, then after said after that I wanted to escalate this to headquarters, as far as I am concernded it is B?H it is just RM not beliveing it is B/H and so can say this does not go on
especially from managers and not what RM belive it is postie to postie.

still the new code of conduct could be quoted in the newly shiny booklet that came through this week :roll:

Essex mum :cuppa
So Royal Mail managers can destroy my health and bully us when ever they want and we cant do a thing about it?
"still the new code of conduct could be quoted in the newly shiny booklet that came through this week" whats this?
Thanks
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by phronsias »

phronsias wrote:
music4essex wrote:
Hi
These is no case of b & h its a grievance, that's what the letter said.
Thanks
I had that , I asked the area rep to come with me to the interview, then after said after that I wanted to escalate this to headquarters, as far as I am concernded it is B?H it is just RM not beliveing it is B/H and so can say this does not go on
especially from managers and not what RM belive it is postie to postie.

still the new code of conduct could be quoted in the newly shiny booklet that came through this week :roll:

Essex mum :cuppa
So Royal Mail managers can destroy my health and bully us when ever they want and we cant do a thing about it?
"still the new code of conduct could be quoted in the newly shiny booklet that came through this week" whats this?
Thanks
I put in a grievance against my line manager and I saw the dom yesterday, he was hostile from the word go, he asked me what I wanted, I said I wanted the pressure to work past my time to stop and the line manager to know she was wrong to tell me I was off my walk for telling her I wouldn't work past my time. I told him this was making my ibs flair up, to cut a long story short he said I was off my walk Monday, I asked him about my atos report he say it was only advice, I mentioned the equality act and reasonable adjustment, he said taking packets off me and allowing me to finish on time was reasonable adjustment, I told him it was everyone's right to finish on time and everyone in my office has packets taken off them at some time, his face dropped, he then said I could stay on my walk until after Christmas and then he would review it, he said I was fishing for something and asked what it was, I said I wanted what the atos report says, no stress and a indoor duty, he asked me if no indoor duty could be found in our office, would I go to processing, I said yes. He wants me out of the office,Where do I stand, do I have to take any offer he makes?What was it that made him back down? Have I missed something about the equality act that put the sh8ts up him, Id love to know.

Thanks
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16728
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by clashcityrocker »

The Equality Act imposes certain duties on an employer and a failure to attempt to comply with those responsibilities is discrimination. (and this is a word that is often wrongly banded about but is accurate in this case)
The courts take a pretty dim vies of employers who break the law and disability discrimination is a hot topic at the moment.
Either he complies with his legal requirements or he (and RM) are in deep s**t. It will cost them (cash) and it will cost them (bad publicity)

There has probably never been a better time to have a disability. :cuppa
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by phronsias »

clashcityrocker wrote:The Equality Act imposes certain duties on an employer and a failure to attempt to comply with those responsibilities is discrimination. (and this is a word that is often wrongly banded about but is accurate in this case)
The courts take a pretty dim vies of employers who break the law and disability discrimination is a hot topic at the moment.
Either he complies with his legal requirements or he (and RM) are in deep s**t. It will cost them (cash) and it will cost them (bad publicity)

There has probably never been a better time to have a disability. :cuppa
Hi
Thanks for your reply,"There has probably never been a better time to have a disability." Sad but true!!!!!!!!!!!
The union seem to be powerless or more to the point don't care. I don't know how these people sleep at night.
Thanks again
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by fishtank »

phronsias wrote:He wants me out of the office,Where do I stand, do I have to take any offer he makes?What was it that made him back down? Have I missed something about the equality act that put the sh8ts up him, Id love to know.

Thanks
This might help.
06 Draft Managing Absence and Disability Guide.doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by phronsias »

fishtank wrote:
phronsias wrote:He wants me out of the office,Where do I stand, do I have to take any offer he makes?What was it that made him back down? Have I missed something about the equality act that put the sh8ts up him, Id love to know.

Thanks
This might help.
06 Draft Managing Absence and Disability Guide.doc
Thanks
Its a big help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thixty
Posts: 40
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 22:13
Gender: Male

Re: The Dom's at it again

Post by Thixty »

im the same i totally know where your coming from iv had such a fight because of my IBS which lead to me being off 2 months as the stress was so bad and as you will know stress is the worst thing to have when you have IBS! speak to the union they helped me quite abit and now i have weekly meetings with the DOM to discuss any issues or even if everything is fine i just stick my head round the door and let him know everything is cool