ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

from a scab

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: from a scab

Post by wiganpostie »

trevjim wrote:
catch22 wrote:What exaclty do you expect to get from royal mail?

I've been in the buisness for 2 years.
someone tell me why i should strike...? when i dont agree with it, and cant afford it.

Since i've worked for royal mail i've had several pay increases- the wage is fantastic. i do not have an issue. I'm not bullied, i LOVE my work. If my job changes... its already happened. we're already privatised.

why should i strike?
I joined the union for help and advice, i never got it.
And since you all want to call me a scab- I'll stop paying to be a member. Your majority will be a minority. And then where are you...? skint and small.

my money has been lining CWU pockets... for nothing. What exactly have they done for me, other than put me in a bracket which now allows my opinions to lead to me being harrassed and bullied...! WHERE HAS FREEDOM OF SPEECH GONE...?

I'm not living in the past like most of you. And i wouldnt know any different... I've only been here for 2 years. How many other people are there, out there... just like me... totally clueless and just wanting to do whats right... and why would they turn down that sort of money on a temp contract!!?

I'm very interested to know- how you can persuade me to change my mind... or do you enjoy picking fights with strike breakers?
Ive posted a similar thing here, the users on here don't realise that they have it really good and that the world is going to pot.

They think the public will support them striking, but all I saw from the teacher strike was 'what a bunch of greedy pussy's'

Expect the same when RM strike.
I'd have hated to have been the teacher responsible for educating you.

Although, I suspect, all that was needed to keep you amused during your formative years was a tyre on a rope.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: from a scab

Post by daveyeff »

taurus88 wrote:As I see it, if you're in the union and you have any honour whatsoever, then you strike, irrespective of your personal views on what is right and wrong. I don't agree with the strike - neither the timing nor the reasons for it resonate with me, but I shall not be crossing a picket line. Just as I have never crossed a picket line at work when it's been teachers/whatever. You can't have your cake and eat it, either you're all in the union or you're all out. If you're somewhere in-between, you're a selfish bastard.
im glad you are not crossing the picket line, and i respect the fact that you dont agree with the strike. but i cannot for the life of me understand why you or anyone else do not agree the reasons for it. as far as im concerned the reasons are self explanitory. thousands more jobs to go,(could be you), erosion of terms and conditions, including less annual leave, no paid sick leave, losing thousands of pounds from you;re pension, zero hour contracts. and most certainly you will go down to minimum wage. would you do this job for minimum wage? please dont think im having a go cos im not. i just cannot see how people cant understand why we are doing it. do they want to risk losing EVERYTHING we,ve fought for over the years. as catch 22 mentioned he even applied for jobs stacking shelves. well believe you me, i would rather do that job if rm get their way, because doing THAT is a helluva lot easier than doing this for minimum wage. can you see the reasons why we MUST not let them win?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: from a scab

Post by krussel »

postypie wrote:
hampshireman wrote:
fishtank wrote:
catch22 wrote:I'm very interested to know- how you can persuade me to change my mind?
You answered it yourself in another post..
my job search.. included care homes and stacking shelves all at minimum wage. Even with a degree, managerial experience, years of customer service, this was the ONLY job i could find and i was so greatful when i got it....
cannot live on minimum wage.
This is unskilled labour yet it pays more than some jobs you need a degree for.
We have mostly substantive contracts and are still predominantly a full-time company,we have paid sick leave and framework to deal with surplus employees that's better than anything out there,we have a commitment to no compulsory redundancies and an ill health agreement that let's you leave with almost a full year's pay.

Are you willing to bet all that on the kindness of our employer and risk going back to looking for minimum wage jobs...can you afford to?
Mind you ; even with a degree , managerial experience and years of customer service and this being the only job you have got. You cannot spell 'greatful' correctly.

In no way am I putting you down. I would not wish to do such.

But, one thing you can learn from here and many other forums is that if you are going to have a 'pop' then get it right.

And btw , I have made many mistakes on this and other forums.... :roll:


If he can't spell.....then he must be a line manager..... :Very Happy

Nope kant spill either and I ain no manger :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: from a scab

Post by hampshireman »

krussel wrote:
postypie wrote:
hampshireman wrote:
fishtank wrote:
catch22 wrote:I'm very interested to know- how you can persuade me to change my mind?
You answered it yourself in another post..
my job search.. included care homes and stacking shelves all at minimum wage. Even with a degree, managerial experience, years of customer service, this was the ONLY job i could find and i was so greatful when i got it....
cannot live on minimum wage.
This is unskilled labour yet it pays more than some jobs you need a degree for.
We have mostly substantive contracts and are still predominantly a full-time company,we have paid sick leave and framework to deal with surplus employees that's better than anything out there,we have a commitment to no compulsory redundancies and an ill health agreement that let's you leave with almost a full year's pay.

Are you willing to bet all that on the kindness of our employer and risk going back to looking for minimum wage jobs...can you afford to?
Mind you ; even with a degree , managerial experience and years of customer service and this being the only job you have got. You cannot spell 'greatful' correctly.

In no way am I putting you down. I would not wish to do such.

But, one thing you can learn from here and many other forums is that if you are going to have a 'pop' then get it right.

And btw , I have made many mistakes on this and other forums.... :roll:


If he can't spell.....then he must be a line manager..... :Very Happy

Nope kant spill either and I ain no manger :nana
Made me laugh :Very Happy
seawolf
Posts: 24
Joined: 06 Mar 2008, 12:32

Re: from a scab

Post by seawolf »

I for one also disagree with the strike as many I have spoken with do. After the last fiasco with strike action we had RM by the bollocks but folded. I also think it’s irrelevant whether a deal is for 3, 4 or 5 years if RM wants to lose jobs they will. If RM wants to get rid of the sick policy they will and they will erode terms and conditions, if it’s not tomorrow it will be the next day.

But having said that, what other thing have we got left, ask them nicely if they would keep us on the same terms and conditions forever? We all know things are and will change and not for the better, but we have to try and get the best deal we can get, and if it means we stand together (like it or not) and try then we should. I for one will hate losing a day’s pay, but I will be there alongside the people I have worked with for the last 17 years and have stood with many a time on the picket line, in the cold and wet trying to get a better deal.

The only thing I would ask of the CWU, please please next time pick a day in the bloody summer.