ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

talks on the national dispute

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by cloherty1976 »

dingo wrote:But you professional drivers get a basic pay of £473 National Rate , £543.68 for outer London and £569.74 for inner compared to an OPG

who receive £393.73 national rate , £462.94 for outer London and £4.88.38 including the delivery supplement.

Yes some of your pay was consolidated but it was accepted by the membership.
I am not complaining just stating the future forus all,terms and conditions will go. The basic is a lot higher than that I think it's £507 and near £600 inner london.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well it's interesting to see some of the differences in pay and were I RM management I'd certainly be looking to outsource some of these elements and sooner rather than later. Lets not forget this so called "legally binding agreement" CAN be changed by agreement and who's to say what will be agreed under pressure.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by cloherty1976 »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's interesting to see some of the differences in pay and were I RM management I'd certainly be looking to outsource some of these elements and sooner rather than later. Lets not forget this so called "legally binding agreement" CAN be changed by agreement and who's to say what will be agreed under pressure.
Your quite right what you say it could happen anytime. The only thing to remember this is skilled labour.
BernardBresslaw
Posts: 381
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
Gender: Male

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by BernardBresslaw »

dingo wrote:Those who say the CWU have balloted too late have clearly not been given the right information. The union made it clear from the Liverpool briefing in March that whilst it would love to defeat privatisation the fact was that the bill to privatise had gone through the commons by a majority and that with what has happened it was clear that the Government wanted to raise money for a give away budget ahead of the election and upwards of 4 billion raised by the sell would help.
Why did the union waste considerable expense, producing the 'keep the post public' "campaign" including stickers and other guff, if they knew there was no chance of avoiding it? Complete waste of money. The union is continually changing it's tactics, in response to being steam-rollered by Royal Mail and the government. It appears, that the leaders have no clear tactics or even a consistent manifesto. I voted 'yes' and will walk out if asked, as I have on the last two occasions, but I have next to no confidence in the union, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on that.
Rommagic
Posts: 1523
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by Rommagic »

Now that we have been sold I would think moya would want to get a deal done with the cwu three year pay deal T and C for five years.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by k979aaa »

cloherty1976 wrote:
dingo wrote:But you professional drivers get a basic pay of £473 National Rate , £543.68 for outer London and £569.74 for inner compared to an OPG

who receive £393.73 national rate , £462.94 for outer London and £4.88.38 including the delivery supplement.

Yes some of your pay was consolidated but it was accepted by the membership.
I am not complaining just stating the future forus all,terms and conditions will go. The basic is a lot higher than that I think it's £507 and near £600 inner london.
My basic pay is £393.72 but I voted YES to strike because in three years time maybe £200 if I have a job that is.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by dvbuk55 »

cloherty1976 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's interesting to see some of the differences in pay and were I RM management I'd certainly be looking to outsource some of these elements and sooner rather than later. Lets not forget this so called "legally binding agreement" CAN be changed by agreement and who's to say what will be agreed under pressure.
Your quite right what you say it could happen anytime. The only thing to remember this is skilled labour.
:hmmmm I wouldn't oversell yourself if I was you, there are plenty of "skilled" drivers who don't actually use their HGV licence - I know of 3 personally and believe me mine is not a wide circle of friends.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by cloherty1976 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's interesting to see some of the differences in pay and were I RM management I'd certainly be looking to outsource some of these elements and sooner rather than later. Lets not forget this so called "legally binding agreement" CAN be changed by agreement and who's to say what will be agreed under pressure.
Your quite right what you say it could happen anytime. The only thing to remember this is skilled labour.
:hmmmm I wouldn't oversell yourself if I was you, there are plenty of "skilled" drivers who don't actually use their HGV licence - I know of 3 personally and believe me mine is not a wide circle of friends.
your quite right and at our office there must be 20 I know of but they choose to do indoor,dock or 600 driving instead. It does not appeal to all and we have just employed 30 new drivers on 30k plus with free shares. Well that to me ain't a bad deal..
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by dvbuk55 »

cloherty1976 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's interesting to see some of the differences in pay and were I RM management I'd certainly be looking to outsource some of these elements and sooner rather than later. Lets not forget this so called "legally binding agreement" CAN be changed by agreement and who's to say what will be agreed under pressure.
Your quite right what you say it could happen anytime. The only thing to remember this is skilled labour.
:hmmmm I wouldn't oversell yourself if I was you, there are plenty of "skilled" drivers who don't actually use their HGV licence - I know of 3 personally and believe me mine is not a wide circle of friends.
your quite right and at our office there must be 20 I know of but they choose to do indoor,dock or 600 driving instead. It does not appeal to all and we have just employed 30 new drivers on 30k plus with free shares. Well that to me ain't a bad deal..
Well ask yourself what RM would be prepared to pay in the future and what a haulier would be prepared to do the job for, considering the competition and the regular work - someone is going to be thrown to the wolves in very short order. I smell new contracts on the way :sad:
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by cloherty1976 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's interesting to see some of the differences in pay and were I RM management I'd certainly be looking to outsource some of these elements and sooner rather than later. Lets not forget this so called "legally binding agreement" CAN be changed by agreement and who's to say what will be agreed under pressure.
Your quite right what you say it could happen anytime. The only thing to remember this is skilled labour.
:hmmmm I wouldn't oversell yourself if I was you, there are plenty of "skilled" drivers who don't actually use their HGV licence - I know of 3 personally and believe me mine is not a wide circle of friends.
your quite right and at our office there must be 20 I know of but they choose to do indoor,dock or 600 driving instead. It does not appeal to all and we have just employed 30 new drivers on 30k plus with free shares. Well that to me ain't a bad deal..
Well ask yourself what RM would be prepared to pay in the future and what a haulier would be prepared to do the job for, considering the competition and the regular work - someone is going to be thrown to the wolves in very short order. I smell new contracts on the way :sad:
Well if that's the case I am not going to worry about. Life's to short and I worked for a employer and never signed up for life. If I was to lose interest I will go and do something I enjoy or even start my own business with one of my kids..
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by Chelseablue »

Cloherty so you're not a walking postman? You haven't done a walk post revision then?.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by Chelseablue »

Still delivering competitions mail. Erm why?
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by cloherty1976 »

Chelseablue wrote:Cloherty so you're not a walking postman? You haven't done a walk post revision then?.
You're quite right but my brother still does and he works in a world class delivery office. He enjoys his but also does a second job to answer your question. I have also said if I did not want to do nights anymore I would go back to my old delivery.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by dvbuk55 »

cloherty1976 wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Cloherty so you're not a walking postman? You haven't done a walk post revision then?.
You're quite right but my brother still does and he works in a world class delivery office. He enjoys his but also does a second job to answer your question. I have also said if I did not want to do nights anymore I would go back to my old delivery.
Well I presume your brothers office hasn't had a revision - I don't know of a single delivery opg in my office who has a second job or has the energy to do anything other than his duty. There are no early darts here, anyone who finishes early is either sent out to do packets, mail or kept in for IPS.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: talks on the national dispute

Post by Martin Walsh »

Bernard the union had to fight to the last on privatisation and and our fight done two things one stopped the full sell off which Cable and Fallon wanted and 2. The employee did not have to pay for the shares which was always the coalitions proposal discounted shares not free. Now of course we would have wanted to stop the sell off but stopping the impact of privatisation is so important unless your happy to have franchising , outsourcing and want your terms and conditions to join the race to the bottom like TNT etc.