ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

overtime...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Re: overtime...

Post by thecompletepackage »

maisymoo04 wrote:
thecompletepackage wrote:
tyfc wrote:
thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
So when we are on strike you will cross the picket line because you can't afford to work without overtime, when we are privatised there will be no overtime any way so maybe you need to find a full time job then?
Yes I would like a full-time position at RM and have been asking for one for the last four years. And thanks for the support, this is why I don't give a flying f**k about 'supporting' fellow workers when I get shafted by colleagues, RM & CWU week-in week-out.

And as you say when we ARE privatised there'll be no more overtime, so I might as well cross a picket line and earn as much cash as I can before the inevitable.

My family comes first, not my work collegues who don't care about me.

:Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
Thanks for the violins......proves the point of why I should give a sh#t about losing pay for the good of my fellow colleagues. Show me the money.
deanomac83
Posts: 67
Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 17:00
Gender: Male

Re: overtime...

Post by deanomac83 »

thecompletepackage wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:
thecompletepackage wrote:
tyfc wrote:
thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
So when we are on strike you will cross the picket line because you can't afford to work without overtime, when we are privatised there will be no overtime any way so maybe you need to find a full time job then?
Yes I would like a full-time position at RM and have been asking for one for the last four years. And thanks for the support, this is why I don't give a flying f**k about 'supporting' fellow workers when I get shafted by colleagues, RM & CWU week-in week-out.

And as you say when we ARE privatised there'll be no more overtime, so I might as well cross a picket line and earn as much cash as I can before the inevitable.

My family comes first, not my work collegues who don't care about me.

:Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
Thanks for the violins......proves the point of why I should give a sh#t about losing pay for the good of my fellow colleagues. Show me the money.

The 'i'm alright, Jack' mentality. Sure you don't work at my office :arrrghhh
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Re: overtime...

Post by thecompletepackage »

Never used to be like that (I'm alright jack) but having seen what 'deals' go on with favourites in the office, and how sh#t part timers are treated, I now look after number one.
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: overtime...

Post by spoodoo »

We all get treated like s h it
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: overtime...

Post by maisymoo04 »

tCP I no were ur coming from mate but were all in the same boat and ok thers a few comments u don't like but people have different opinions on here :thumbup
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: overtime...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Indeed - although I wish everyone would strike when called as the more solid a strike is the easier it is to get the message across.

However, I would not condemn those who cross picket lines as long as they do it out of conviction, and have the courage to do so openly. Indeed I will even try to engage strike breakers after the dispute to see if I can change their mind, or at least understand why they did what they did, which causes friction in my office as a lot of senior posties won't talk to people who broke a strike in the 80s, even though they have supported every strike since.

However those who sneak in the back of vans, or work in another office whilst claiming they were striking, well they are beyond redemption and are to be pitied.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: overtime...

Post by maisymoo04 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Indeed - although I wish everyone would strike when called as the more solid a strike is the easier it is to get the message across.

However, I would not condemn those who cross picket lines as long as they do it out of conviction, and have the courage to do so openly. Indeed I will even try to engage strike breakers after the dispute to see if I can change their mind, or at least understand why they did what they did, which causes friction in my office as a lot of senior posties won't talk to people who broke a strike in the 80s, even though they have supported every strike since.

However those who sneak in the back of vans, or work in another office whilst claiming they were striking, well they are beyond redemption and are to be pitied.
Answer to the senior posities won't talk to people who broke a strike in the 80s my god I would tell them were to f@@@ go arse holes :mad :so there
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
interesting
Posts: 217
Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: overtime...

Post by interesting »

At our office a lot less people do overtime than in years gone by
We have a couple of blokes that will do anything
But quite a few have lost intrest
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: overtime...

Post by clashcityrocker »

Later starts have made overtime less possible.
Longer delivery spans have made overtime less possible.

From a trade unionist point of view, in a time of high unemployment, which is more preferable:
Fully staffing an office or protecting the docket of a few?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.