Yes I was aware what you meant dbdb wrote:I would be up for that, but I work nights so would be hard to sort that with me!dvbuk55 wrote:All the mail centre jobs are taken - personally I think it would be a good idea to have a job share - 3 days on delivery followed by 2 days standing by a machine on alternating weeks - that would give everyone a clearer view of what the business is about.db wrote:Why haven't you gone to "the greener grass"DirtyHarry wrote:No, being stuck in what has become a dead-end job, is no reason to be thankful.international wrote:Having no job will be destroy us and no job to go too plenty waiting for jobs already so need to be thankful
Personally, I'm bloody angry that I cannot get out of this feckin' rut.
By greener grass I mean a job outside Royal Mail, as there is apparently gold plated jobs out there!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Privatisation What Do You Think ?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
-
db
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 03:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
Why would you want to swap with me! Aparently all I do is stand at a machine drinking coffee, sure you would much rather have a brisk walk in the sunshine?!
-
scrapsaturdays
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 09:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
I haven't worked in a mail centre .only on delivery. The job is harder than ever (22 years service) A few years ago a postman from our office,a union rep,decided to try a managers job in our nearest mail centre. When I asked him why his reply was" This job is going to get much harder on delivery,so I'm off to work indoors"
Anyone who thinks privatisation is going to be good is nuts.Job cuts and lower pay.Most have stuck this job for the security/pension, personally I would like redundancy to try a new challenge before I get to old.Many of us get stuck in a routine and change is frightening.Even in this economic climate jobs are available if you are prepared to retrain.
Anyone who thinks privatisation is going to be good is nuts.Job cuts and lower pay.Most have stuck this job for the security/pension, personally I would like redundancy to try a new challenge before I get to old.Many of us get stuck in a routine and change is frightening.Even in this economic climate jobs are available if you are prepared to retrain.
-
fmrPOSTIE
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 674
- Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 20:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
A. Royal Mail isn't low paid .
B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation (railway staff earn a small fortune now with Guards on 30k a year).
B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation (railway staff earn a small fortune now with Guards on 30k a year).
-
db
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 03:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
If your lucky enough to keep your job!fmrPOSTIE wrote:A. Royal Mail isn't low paid .
B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation
-
cyclemech1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
A. It will be when privatized.fmrPOSTIE wrote:A. Royal Mail isn't low paid .
B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation (railway staff earn a small fortune now with Guards on 30k a year).
B. Ask BT, Gas, Electric, Water, Bus workers etc. if they earn more now. I know from experience what they will say.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
If that was true TNT wouldn't be paying buttons would they?fmrPOSTIE wrote:B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation.
It's a job with a low skill requirement and even lower educational requirement.
Even Michael Gove could probably manage it......
It's not even dangerous any more now that the WCM safety pillar has removed all unsafe acts by drawing pictures of them and stapling them to the D.O. wall.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
I'm a step ahead there ft, ready for my role as WCM champion, take away the sharp pointy biros and only issue crayonsfishtank wrote:If that was true TNT wouldn't be paying buttons would they?fmrPOSTIE wrote:B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation.
It's a job with a low skill requirement and even lower educational requirement.
Even Michael Gove could probably manage it......
It's not even dangerous any more now that the WCM safety pillar has removed all unsafe acts by drawing pictures of them and stapling them to the D.O. wall.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
fmrPOSTIE wrote:A. Royal Mail isn't low paid .
B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation (railway staff earn a small fortune now with Guards on 30k a year).
http://www.uib.es/congres/ecopub/papers ... Florio.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; = a number of years old but an interesting read and the above quote is not what I would like to see in RM, nor, I suggest would receivers.possible explanation points to the decrease of employment and of the
share of labour in value added of the privatised industries: the higher wages of the
stayers in the industries are matched by a shift to procurement, and by lower wages in
the contracted-out employment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
oypostie
- Posts: 920
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
Hang on. Isn't stapling a bit dangerousIt's not even dangerous any more now that the WCM safety pillar has removed all unsafe acts by drawing pictures of them and stapling them to the D.O. wall.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
No.oypostie wrote:Hang on. Isn't stapling a bit dangerousIt's not even dangerous any more now that the WCM safety pillar has removed all unsafe acts by drawing pictures of them and stapling them to the D.O. wall.
First he used blu-tac to stick an "unsafe use of staplers" sketch on the wall thus immediately rendering stapling safe...then he stapled.
He's not an idiot oypostie.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
Use of crayons a definite no no. After all we may want to draw naughty pictures all over the walls, or take them home to our wives/partners to hang on the fridge door.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
Crayon danger...


good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
royal male
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
After drawing a few pictures with your crayons you can start licking the windows, save on the window cleaner thendvbuk55 wrote:I'm a step ahead there ft, ready for my role as WCM champion, take away the sharp pointy biros and only issue crayonsfishtank wrote:If that was true TNT wouldn't be paying buttons would they?fmrPOSTIE wrote:B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation.
It's a job with a low skill requirement and even lower educational requirement.
Even Michael Gove could probably manage it......
It's not even dangerous any more now that the WCM safety pillar has removed all unsafe acts by drawing pictures of them and stapling them to the D.O. wall.
Sign your new contract or leave, all part time-all minimum wage-halve the workforce and stuff the U.S.O.
Go and speak to the TNT boys trialing West London if it's still on, they'll tell you.
How do you feel about working for Royal Dutch Express? :vcfo
Everyone is equal in Royal Mail, but some are more equal than others!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Privatisation What Do You Think ?
Why do I care who pays my wages.royal male wrote:After drawing a few pictures with your crayons you can start licking the windows, save on the window cleaner thendvbuk55 wrote:I'm a step ahead there ft, ready for my role as WCM champion, take away the sharp pointy biros and only issue crayonsfishtank wrote:If that was true TNT wouldn't be paying buttons would they?fmrPOSTIE wrote:B. Your wages will probably go up under privatisation.
It's a job with a low skill requirement and even lower educational requirement.
Even Michael Gove could probably manage it......
It's not even dangerous any more now that the WCM safety pillar has removed all unsafe acts by drawing pictures of them and stapling them to the D.O. wall.![]()
Sign your new contract or leave, all part time-all minimum wage-halve the workforce and stuff the U.S.O.
Go and speak to the TNT boys trialing West London if it's still on, they'll tell you.
How do you feel about working for Royal Dutch Express? :vcfo