ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Will your office clear by christmas?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
were clear no one in today office spotless regs cleared and had revision in for 2 years
even had time to clean me van yestday when finished 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
Cleared everyday in the xmas run up ( pre revision ) the bastards have even started throwing Holiday Brochures, caravan owner magazines, freeman catalogs and sale flyers for screwfix etc etc
being a DO of around 30 walks has probably helped somewhat as well, DIM did'nt want to pay at first for OT, but once a couple of us worked to our time and he had to go out on delivery ( took him 5+ hours on a pretty light day on a 3 hour duty and he finished at 6pm ) he realised that it was better to pay us for what we worked and he got 6 people in everyday on sorting from 4am.
probably the easiest Christmas I have had in the 5 years I have been a postie, but dreading January with all the backed up flats that will be arriving in droves :(
being a DO of around 30 walks has probably helped somewhat as well, DIM did'nt want to pay at first for OT, but once a couple of us worked to our time and he had to go out on delivery ( took him 5+ hours on a pretty light day on a 3 hour duty and he finished at 6pm ) he realised that it was better to pay us for what we worked and he got 6 people in everyday on sorting from 4am.
probably the easiest Christmas I have had in the 5 years I have been a postie, but dreading January with all the backed up flats that will be arriving in droves :(
-
Beforenineoclockgoodone
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 12:23
- Location: Cheshire
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
I suppose most of you guys who are clear are in a rural location with about a half a dozen walks?
Job & finish
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
Nope, over 200 staff at my office.Beforenineoclockgoodone wrote:I suppose most of you guys who are clear are in a rural location with about a half a dozen walks?
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
No.Beforenineoclockgoodone wrote:I suppose most of you guys who are clear are in a rural location with about a half a dozen walks?
A lot of offices that are failing to clear will probably have poor or non-existent local Christmas Agreements.
If your office isn't planned with the right resources to meet the traffic it will fail,if it is failing based on predicted traffic the Christmas Agreement needs looking at.
Packet traffic is up this year and letter/cards are down but managers knew to expect that and should have resourced accordingly.
The problem is a lot of reps and managers just score out the date on the previous year's Christmas Agreement and insert this year's...because it's less hassle than having to think about it.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
Not a chance 
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
WornOutPosty
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
We've been clear every day but haven't had a revision yet.I'm guessing it will change after that.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
Why would it?WornOutPosty wrote:We've been clear every day but haven't had a revision yet.I'm guessing it will change after that.
It is simply a matter of having the right resources in the right place at the right time.
It isn't rocket science.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
clashcityrocker - This is Royal Mail we're talking about here!!
-
steven100
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
Some places will fail and RM will blame the weather now. Could be legit in some places.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
load ov bull av heard ever before nine. got 50 duties about 100 vans no rurals . think it s down to bein the best postman and woman ever hahahaBeforenineoclockgoodone wrote:I suppose most of you guys who are clear are in a rural location with about a half a dozen walks?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
Two vans for each duty?got 50 duties about 100 vans
I know the Bippers are small maisy but i didn't think the answer was one van for mail and one for packets.
It's brilliant.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
haha soz fish i mean 50 combos and 100 walks ha 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
STEWPOT
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
Same as our small office,but then we have a decent manager who has had things organised properly.spen wrote:cleared every day in our office no problem
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Re: Will your office clear by christmas?
We've cleared every day, had P&L over 2 years. We started planning xmas stuff middle November. Had some long days, packets coming out of every where, put the office has been clear. Same as last year. 125 OPG.
Got 4 D2D for WC 24/12
Got 4 D2D for WC 24/12