That's probably where they left his tipKS wrote:I'm well chuffed - Had £24 in various denominations, bottle of wine,two box of choccies and a bag of 5 past their best tomatoes- dont ask, elderly lady - made me smile though. Thought about sharing with the guy who does the packets on my round as he never gets to see anyone, cos he always leaves the parcels on the doorstep.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
All my tips seem to have been left in milk bottles or taped to wheelie bins ! 
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Do you as duty holders give you're floater a small tip or a tiny share of you're tips?
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
I.ve alway's given the day off cover a fifth of my money and pressies, they do the job every week.spoodoo wrote:Do you as duty holders give you're floater a small tip or a tiny share of you're tips?
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Good on you mate ,decent and thoughtfull no many of you around .
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
My first RM Christmas.
My day off cover will also get 20% of mine. So far I have had £30, a box a chocolates (I've given it to my cover as he has a family), a bottle of red wine (I've given to my packet driver as I don't drink) and 2 mints (a glacier and a humbug) which I selfishly ate all by myself!!
My day off cover will also get 20% of mine. So far I have had £30, a box a chocolates (I've given it to my cover as he has a family), a bottle of red wine (I've given to my packet driver as I don't drink) and 2 mints (a glacier and a humbug) which I selfishly ate all by myself!!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
justdeno wrote:I.ve alway's given the day off cover a fifth of my money and pressies, they do the job every week.spoodoo wrote:Do you as duty holders give you're floater a small tip or a tiny share of you're tips?
-
mondeo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
£250 so far more to come yet,dont think i'll beat £570 last xmas tips though

-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
about £380 .... got £70 today ..... way down on the £640 I got last year I normally get over £100 after Christmas .... their might be time yet to get close to last years total .... but would be happy with £500
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Another day. So far my haul is.... Sod all.
I've only been on this run for the last 2 months but still. I would have expected something.
I've only been on this run for the last 2 months but still. I would have expected something.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
I guess the people you deliver to must have more than a few spare pennies!Godric wrote:about £380 .... got £70 today ..... way down on the £640 I got last year I normally get over £100 after Christmas .... their might be time yet to get close to last years total .... but would be happy with £500
-
twobags
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Am down on last year so far a bottle of whisky and a bottle of wine
two boxes of chocs a box of biscuits £382 and a chocolate orange 
-
twobags
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
P.S but am happy and gratefultwobags wrote:Am down on last year so far a bottle of whisky and a bottle of winetwo boxes of chocs a box of biscuits £382 and a chocolate orange
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
I've never had a day off cover man before,my duty was a Saturday s/a up until earlier this year when they made it into a rotating day off duty.spoodoo wrote:Do you as duty holders give you're floater a small tip or a tiny share of you're tips?
I've decided to give my cover man 'some' of my tips,maybe £50 and some bottles of wine,which will be nearly 20%
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
TheCobra wrote:I guess the people you deliver to must have more than a few spare pennies!Godric wrote:about £380 .... got £70 today ..... way down on the £640 I got last year I normally get over £100 after Christmas .... their might be time yet to get close to last years total .... but would be happy with £500
Prestwick is a good tipping Town .... i'm a pauper compared to some of the other duties that get over a grand in tips ... one of our duties gets nearly 2 grand
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."