ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No I in Team
-
Thixty
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
doesnt really work when the driver i was with wanted to work over to finish and there not a snowballs chance in hell ill work over my time which left me in the position of leaving him to get a bus back to the office !? wheres the fairness in that ? supposed to be a "van share"

-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: No I in Team
Any idea how long we should all
cos it's getting us nowhere. Somethings going to snap very soon. I'm gathering info from here daily and ready for the fight.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
bloke i,m paired with at the moment is so so slow.insists on using his trolley just to piss me off i think!!
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
Trolleys are mandatory that is why he is using itbensonhedge wrote:bloke i,m paired with at the moment is so so slow.insists on using his trolley just to piss me off i think!!
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
P13 wrote:Trolleys are mandatory that is why he is using itbensonhedge wrote:bloke i,m paired with at the moment is so so slow.insists on using his trolley just to piss me off i think!!
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
Yeah..lets sack anyone over the age of say 30...us young ones have it hard so sack them grey haired posties(or baldies) as they slow us down and are no good to the business....no my name isn't DALEK ..exterminate them..exterminate them!
Where do ROYAL MAIL get these plonkers from?
Where do ROYAL MAIL get these plonkers from?
-
mailman71
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03
Re: No I in Team
im the oldest and slowest guy in the office but i dont give a monkeys,i've seen plenty of runners and flappers over the years and they dont last work your hours and thats it.
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
mailman71 wrote:im the oldest and slowest guy in the office but i dont give a monkeys,i've seen plenty of runners and flappers over the years and they dont last work your hours and thats it.
Agree 100% mate..the thing is these young ones nowadays are all SELF,SELF,SELF,SELF...and these are the Future of RM...god help the company...and generally speaking from what i have seen..most of this new breed of RM ...'workers' are the ones who use their car,run around like headless chickens,start late,slag other posties off behind their backs,don't drink,don't smoke, don't like footy,(computer games are the 'in thing' with these idiots),..oh i could go on and on..so many of them are gaffers favorites and have more faces than Big Ben.... they can also do overtime..leave most of the mail in and get away with it...can't stand this 'new breed of postie'.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
It is also nothing to do with age sometimes,there are youngens at my place that you have to wake up when they walk as they are just plodders,oldens who seem to jog they walk so fast,everyone has a different pace with whatever they do.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: No I in Team
There is one eye in penis. 
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
if this is happening on a daily basis then claim ot or cut off
-
Thixty
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Re: No I in Team
got my duty changed now im with a flapper who doesnt take his break ect and its doing his head in hahaha

-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: No I in Team
I doubt RM would ever consider that with the NRA being increased to 66 and with OPGs now entitled to work until they wish (beyond 66) EP aspirations should be adjusted to match the average age of the workforce while keeping the Planning Values as they are.
Its not an approach they are ever like to adopt as they continue to pressurise people to work harder and bully those that do not toe the line. Strictly speaking every employee should be capable of achieving a 75Bs performance ... but no more as employees are non-piecework and do not have a financial bonus based on output.
Its not an approach they are ever like to adopt as they continue to pressurise people to work harder and bully those that do not toe the line. Strictly speaking every employee should be capable of achieving a 75Bs performance ... but no more as employees are non-piecework and do not have a financial bonus based on output.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: No I in Team
Which is why I am nervous of the Union accepting 100BSI and even higher. I firmly believe that this is the first move of Royal Mail into eventually Posties being paid per item delivered - they already do it in Holland. 2 postal service companies Sandd and Selekt Mail do it
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: No I in Team
The Union should not even be talking about 100Bs as that workrate is usually achieved over a shift by stff on piecework or output related bonus. If the Union were to accept that type of target I would expect some very hefty payrise to be negotiated at the same time but would still question whether it is appropriate for a customer facing job like deliveries ... mail centre work is another argument.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Which is why I am nervous of the Union accepting 100BSI and even higher. I firmly believe that this is the first move of Royal Mail into eventually Posties being paid per item delivered - they already do it in Holland. 2 postal service companies Sandd and Selekt Mail do it
CWU should have their own Industrial Engineers to advise them and they should also audit RM planning values, tools and techniques. It is unacceptable to leave everything to trust and assume that all the control systems are as they should be. I can quote you a Planning Value that has never been accurate ... Meter Segregation ... because RM didn't invest the time and money in making sure all the variables were taken into account and revisions around the country have suffered as a result.