ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Confessions of a Postman -- the book
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Just been reading some of it, it's quite a good read, I do agree with the sentiment that some of it is over the top e.g. the thing about people habitually not delivering large swathes of their round to get home early, I have never seen anything like this before and can't imagine people getting away with it for long.
The one thing I do agree with, which I have chuckled at myself since I worked as a postie, is the 'must get finished as soon as f***ing possible' culture that seems to affect 90% of posties. I am unsure what people have to gain, or whether there is some sort of race going on that I haven't been informed about, but I'm happy to do my round at a decent walking pace and usually get done on time or early if I'm having a light day. The 'almost jogging pace' that I have seen some people doing their rounds at just doesn't make sense to me, but each to their own I guess.
The one thing I do agree with, which I have chuckled at myself since I worked as a postie, is the 'must get finished as soon as f***ing possible' culture that seems to affect 90% of posties. I am unsure what people have to gain, or whether there is some sort of race going on that I haven't been informed about, but I'm happy to do my round at a decent walking pace and usually get done on time or early if I'm having a light day. The 'almost jogging pace' that I have seen some people doing their rounds at just doesn't make sense to me, but each to their own I guess.
-
BoltonPostie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up s**t creek.
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Yeah but to read all the chapters would cost me around £11 to £12 and as your well aware alot of us posties pucker up tighter than a gnats ass and are still waiting for the bible to come out in paperback.To be honest, I can't believe most of what I saw and the reason I wrote this book (it ain't gonna make any money)
Good read though from what I've seen (free)
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
-
rainmaker7
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: deadlands of sarf London
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
yeah I might have exaggerated the 'shabbing' but that earlier post from BoltonPostie about posties being tight bastards;
That is so right. Not sold one chapter at 33p per chapter. 
Last edited by rainmaker7 on 18 May 2012, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
You could always try the vanity press - who knows...................look at JK Rowlings.........I mean she wrote about a boy who faced his tormentors and you write about someone who didn't.rainmaker7 wrote:yeah I might have exaggerated the 'shabbing' but the other post about posties being tight bastards;that's right. Not sold one chapter at 33p per chapter.
-
rainmaker7
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: deadlands of sarf London
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
ouch
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
-
rainmaker7
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: deadlands of sarf London
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
It's at http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1467931403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
That sir is one of the great rip taking posts on this site.dvbuk55 wrote:You could always try the vanity press - who knows...................look at JK Rowlings.........I mean she wrote about a boy who faced his tormentors and you write about someone who didn't.rainmaker7 wrote:yeah I might have exaggerated the 'shabbing' but the other post about posties being tight bastards;that's right. Not sold one chapter at 33p per chapter.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
rainmaker7
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: deadlands of sarf London
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
you need to read the book chaps, I did get them back, and not just in the book.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Riveting, how do I get a free copy? Better still, tell us and we won't have to pay postage.rainmaker7 wrote:you need to read the book chaps, I did get them back, and not just in the book.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
Maybe its just me but I find that cover patronising to postal staff. We already get enough s**t off the public without that adding to itrainmaker7 wrote:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
I honestly thought this was a troll thread lol
How many copies have you sold?
How many copies have you sold?
-
rainmaker7
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 20:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: deadlands of sarf London
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
About half a dozen but that's mainly posties I used to work with who want to make sure that they are not in the book (and when they find that they are not in the book they will want to know why they are not in the book).How many copies have you sold?
The average self-publisher earns about £320.
I might send a out a few free copies to board members (but just the nice ones), I got about 500 in the garage -- in amongst all the door 2 door leaflets.
Last edited by rainmaker7 on 13 Jun 2012, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early. Gotta get home early.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Confessions of a Postman -- the book
And what does "self-publishing" cost exactly? I mean look at JK Rowling - again - her story wasn't picked up at first, when it was, it wasn't exactly a best seller - now look at the movies, the revenue must be tremendous................................now to get to the hollywood version of your book Stan - if you're looking for a twat to play a tormentor..........pm merainmaker7 wrote:About half a dozen but that's mainly posties I used to work with who want to make sure that they are not in the book (and when they find that they are not in the book they will want to know why they are not in the book).How many copies have you sold?
Sold zero on Smashwords but I don't think it's been released yet, it's still up for review.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/170640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The average self-publisher earns about £320.
I might send a out a few free copies to board members (but just the nice ones), I got about 500 in the garage -- in amongst all the door 2 door leaflets.