ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
buying holidays
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: buying holidays
If you want extra leave for the coming financial year starting in April, I believe TOMORROW (Sat 28th Feb) is the last day to ask to be added to the POAL register.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: buying holidays
cheers for heads up, I better get on to it tomorrow as I moving to another office in just over a week which will see my contracted hours increase 4 hours a week when happy with my current lot so might as well see if I can put some of them ill-gotten gains to some good use.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:If you want extra leave for the coming financial year starting in April, I believe TOMORROW (Sat 28th Feb) is the last day to ask to be added to the POAL register.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: buying holidays
That's me up to 6 weeks for next year. 
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: buying holidays
Ive purchased extra days for about 8 years now but am thinking of stopping it. Im fed up having to have crap weeks in the winter or when the kids are at school.
only being allowed to book full weeks and no odd days.
Tempted to save the money and play the sick time game.
only being allowed to book full weeks and no odd days.
Tempted to save the money and play the sick time game.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: buying holidays
i wouldnt buy hols in feb eitherShaders wrote:Ive purchased extra days for about 8 years now but am thinking of stopping it. Im fed up having to have crap weeks in the winter or when the kids are at school.
only being allowed to book full weeks and no odd days.
Tempted to save the money and play the sick time game.
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: buying holidays
Who wants to live that long?Indy wrote:and conversely LESS pension!Darren Bent wrote:and with reduced income you pay less tax (I think)
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: buying holidays
i bought up to 6 weeks. my first time it will start this coming fin year. should I receive a letter through the post about it? about 7 people have bought up to 6 this year as were fed up or work lol. but none of us received anything yet. I asked my line manager and he said it is all sorted.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: buying holidays
No letter - it will appear in your pay chit - under payments for some reasonraikky wrote:i bought up to 6 weeks. my first time it will start this coming fin year. should I receive a letter through the post about it? about 7 people have bought up to 6 this year as were fed up or work lol. but none of us received anything yet. I asked my line manager and he said it is all sorted.
it will say something like
POAL -10.86
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
smurf992
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 20:58
- Gender: Female
buying holidays
Do you need to request the form from your manager or can you do it online?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
buying holidays
I just said to my manager ' I want to buy the extra holidays' he said OK I'll sort it. Next day he says 'That's it,all done, no probs'.smurf992 wrote:Do you need to request the form from your manager or can you do it online?
Easy.