ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Whose not taking packets out but 739's instead?!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Whose not taking packets out but 739's instead?!

Post by krussel »

muzzy wrote:Then surely you would do smaller loops or if you have a bike use the panniers?
Today I had 3 sacks of packets, 8 pouches in total, I got it all delivered

I use a bike and trolley and on a normal wed/ thur/ fri i will have 7-8 pouches. Trouble is this time of year my delivery will hit 10-12 pouches which is why people are struggling to take all the packets out. :neutral:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
cinemasaint
Posts: 132
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 21:00
Gender: Male

Re: Whose not taking packets out but 739's instead?!

Post by cinemasaint »

Sliders wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
cinemasaint wrote:I had 3 and half bags of packets today I cleared all but 4 packets as I didn't have space in my bags,
.
You are joking, how many bags do you have? I struggle to fit one packet bags worth into my bags. I had 6 bags packed with cards etc all weighing 11 Kg. Very little room for packets.
I had four sacks of packets and 20 recorded on Friday, it was silly really, I ended up leaving half a sack as they just could not fit into the bags or boxes. Anyway Friday was by far the heaviest day I have had as a postie. I cannot believe it can get heavier than that, it was flammin ridicules :crazy: Next week must be lighter than last week especially on the packet front :pray

9 bags I had on Friday, I had 8 on Saturday
wherearewe
Posts: 9
Joined: 19 Dec 2011, 16:34
Gender: Male

Re: Whose not taking packets out but 739's instead?!

Post by wherearewe »

"Each and every packet should be attempted.
Failure to do so is a sackable offence"

but only when it suits management, Yet again for the 5 christmas in a row our SPDO has had no plan of action to help with the amount of packets we get. I'm guessing royal mail managers aren't aware of when christmas is, as every year its the same. We all got asked if any of us wanted to do them on O/T and leave whatever we can't manage. None of us agreed as we haven't got a van to deliver them in, and i'm sure not cycling around a couple of villages doing 40 or so oversized packets.