£25 when someone i know went there in his youth,add inflation,he should be ok.dvbuk55 wrote:Well take out the tax and insurance and what's left won't be enough for what you have in mind DazDarren Bent wrote:I am checking because I thought it might come on first weekend and need to know if I can use my bonus for the weekend in Amsterdam or not. Oh well![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
£100 Christmas "bonus"
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
This someone? It's not like that "I have a friend who's got a sore thingy" scenario is it, by any chancePOSTMAN wrote:£25 when someone i know went there in his youth,add inflation,he should be ok.dvbuk55 wrote:Well take out the tax and insurance and what's left won't be enough for what you have in mind DazDarren Bent wrote:I am checking because I thought it might come on first weekend and need to know if I can use my bonus for the weekend in Amsterdam or not. Oh well![]()
![]()
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
I am not bothered about red light district. If you seen the ladies on shop windows they are nothing special. if you see proper tall dutch blondes it is much better :)
I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :)

I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :)
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
I spent a great deal of time in Holland when stationed in Germany and they were always friendly, not Amsterdam but Arnhem and Nijmegen. They had some really good hot food vending machines, something I had never seen before or since.Darren Bent wrote:I am not bothered about red light district. If you seen the ladies on shop windows they are nothing special. if you see proper tall dutch blondes it is much better :)![]()
I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :)![]()
![]()
-
feewheeling
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Nov 2011, 14:29
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
remember chocs gave as prezzy had compliments of post office inside dam
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
I did the Nijmegen marches and can testify to the friendliness of the people they were great and made us feel special.dvbuk55 wrote:I spent a great deal of time in Holland when stationed in Germany and they were always friendly, not Amsterdam but Arnhem and Nijmegen. They had some really good hot food vending machines, something I had never seen before or since.Darren Bent wrote:I am not bothered about red light district. If you seen the ladies on shop windows they are nothing special. if you see proper tall dutch blondes it is much better :)![]()
I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :)![]()
![]()
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
Hey me too! I think it was either 66 or 67 I can't remember reallyDB1100 wrote:I did the Nijmegen marches and can testify to the friendliness of the people they were great and made us feel special.dvbuk55 wrote:I spent a great deal of time in Holland when stationed in Germany and they were always friendly, not Amsterdam but Arnhem and Nijmegen. They had some really good hot food vending machines, something I had never seen before or since.Darren Bent wrote:I am not bothered about red light district. If you seen the ladies on shop windows they are nothing special. if you see proper tall dutch blondes it is much better :)![]()
I hope I will sweep her off the ground and fall in love when dancing :)![]()
![]()
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
What happens if you accidentally break your ankle a few weeks before the Christmas bonus pay out you loose it? That's wrong it should be based on what you have done throughout the year plus I don't agree with pro-rata.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
The Christmas bonus is for working the Christmas pressure.
It isn't pro rata for part-timers who increase their contracted hours for the pressure.
It isn't pro rata for part-timers who increase their contracted hours for the pressure.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"
You don't lose it as long as you are in receipt of full pay during the qualifying period.Eric Cantona wrote:What happens if you accidentally break your ankle a few weeks before the Christmas bonus pay out you loose it? That's wrong it should be based on what you have done throughout the year plus I don't agree with pro-rata.
Full pay includes full sick pay.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share