ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are we going to survive Xmas?
-
Dumpys Rusty Nuts
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 21:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
This is a wind up,no single delivery duty should take 4,30,sorry but not having it.
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
Hmmm sorry for taking it for granted your an experienced postman, my point was that you were mentioning the hours you work so griping (as you had put the sad animation up) about working up to 7 hours with no break from your original post, for some reason you seem happy with thatLounge Lizard wrote:My contract is eight hours a day and I never noticed anything in it about 4½ hour delivery.Cheetah wrote:Looking at your number of posts you are obviously a very experienced postman......Lounge Lizard wrote:"My walk is average 4hours 30 mins walk(take 15 mins more or less), and am exposed to all the weathers." - that's not bad. My rural duty is 4 hours on the very quietest of Tuesdays, at least 5 hours on a normal day, 6 hours with Christmas Pressure and 7 hours further slowed by snow and ice, all those times without stopping for a break.
So why would you damage your health working 5,6,or even 7 hours when your agreed contract is 4 1/2 hours let alone without a break![]()
![]()
Come on guys with all due respect it's time to stand up and be counted. I'm not encouraging anyone to work slowly here, No,...... work at a reasonable pace but for gods sake look after your health, you realy don't have to put up with this it's 2011 not 1900 in a bl..dy workhouse![]()
My average day might approximately be 2½ hours sorting, ½ hour break and 5 hour delivery, and I don't have a problem with that.
Yes, it's a longer duty than most walks but I wouldn't have spent just a few months part time if I had only applied for the easiest full time vacancies.![]()
And I'm not convinced that number of posts on here is proportionate to experience as a postman.
On the second point yes I would have took the job also to get a full time wage but if you so choose you can still cut off which on days when you didn't want O/T that's what I would do,( your contracted to work the hours you are paid overtime is voluntary not mandatory) and take my meal relief, not deliver in the snow and ice without a break like you say you do for up to 7 hours. Obviously now you've changed your mind about that as well all is Fine
-
Limey
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 30 Sep 2011, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
Actually, my DO had an agreement... We're spilt with Park and Loop, all of us at DO.fishtank wrote:That isn't how park&loop works Limey.Limey wrote: I don't carry my bags to the boxes. My buddy, the driver do them, he's Park and Loop. I am in his so team and in his van. He just dropped me to my first point letter. Then i whooosh to the finish point. :)
Who's idea was that...you.your partner,your rep,your manager....
You've been screwed over....4.30 with a bag on your shoulder...genius.
I look forward to your IHR thread.
I don't have pouch bag on my shoulder at ALL the time. I use Box and Loop! :P
We don't like park and loop. if i want to be a park and loop with my driver, we are sure it will slow us down, also i don't want a 2nd wife! ;)
The quicker you walk, the quicker the weight of pouch bag will decrease! :>
Sore shoulder? see your wife.
-
Limey
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 30 Sep 2011, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
Not a wind up. There are some other postmen that have more than 4,30.Dumpys Rusty Nuts wrote:This is a wind up,no single delivery duty should take 4,30,sorry but not having it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
There is so much wrong with that post i don't know where to start.Limey wrote:
Actually, my DO had an agreement... We're spilt with Park and Loop, all of us at DO.
I don't have pouch bag on my shoulder at ALL the time. I use Box and Loop! :P![]()
We don't like park and loop. if i want to be a park and loop with my driver, we are sure it will slow us down, also i don't want a 2nd wife! ;)
The quicker you walk, the quicker the weight of pouch bag will decrease! :>
Sore shoulder? see your wife.
So i won't.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
I was thinking the same aswell FT, gonnafishtank wrote:There is so much wrong with that post i don't know where to start.Limey wrote:
Actually, my DO had an agreement... We're spilt with Park and Loop, all of us at DO.
I don't have pouch bag on my shoulder at ALL the time. I use Box and Loop! :P![]()
We don't like park and loop. if i want to be a park and loop with my driver, we are sure it will slow us down, also i don't want a 2nd wife! ;)
The quicker you walk, the quicker the weight of pouch bag will decrease! :>
Sore shoulder? see your wife.
So i won't.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Limey
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 30 Sep 2011, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
YAH! thanks =D
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
Box and Loop.
You have to admit, it has a certain ring to it.
You have to admit, it has a certain ring to it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
fruit loopclashcityrocker wrote:Box and Loop.
You have to admit, it has a certain ring to it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72774
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
Yes just put wheels on the box and it can be more mobile, even better put on engine on it and its takes the strain - oh wait a minuteclashcityrocker wrote:Box and Loop.
You have to admit, it has a certain ring to it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
I may be wrong but there's a national agreement that has to be followed
Maybe this needs flagged up to area level to see why this is happening and why the agreement (as bad as it is) is being broken.
Maybe this needs flagged up to area level to see why this is happening and why the agreement (as bad as it is) is being broken.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Crown_jewel
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
Our DO barely survived summer mail. Christmas mail is going to be hilariously bad this year.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
Yes, I could have made it clearer that 7 hour deliveries are the extreme, only really some of those icy, snowy days last December.Cheetah wrote:Hmmm sorry for taking it for granted your an experienced postman, my point was that you were mentioning the hours you work so griping (as you had put the sad animation up) about working up to 7 hours with no break from your original post, for some reason you seem happy with thatLounge Lizard wrote:My contract is eight hours a day and I never noticed anything in it about 4½ hour delivery.Cheetah wrote:Looking at your number of posts you are obviously a very experienced postman......Lounge Lizard wrote:"My walk is average 4hours 30 mins walk(take 15 mins more or less), and am exposed to all the weathers." - that's not bad. My rural duty is 4 hours on the very quietest of Tuesdays, at least 5 hours on a normal day, 6 hours with Christmas Pressure and 7 hours further slowed by snow and ice, all those times without stopping for a break.
So why would you damage your health working 5,6,or even 7 hours when your agreed contract is 4 1/2 hours let alone without a break![]()
![]()
Come on guys with all due respect it's time to stand up and be counted. I'm not encouraging anyone to work slowly here, No,...... work at a reasonable pace but for gods sake look after your health, you realy don't have to put up with this it's 2011 not 1900 in a bl..dy workhouse![]()
My average day might approximately be 2½ hours sorting, ½ hour break and 5 hour delivery, and I don't have a problem with that.
Yes, it's a longer duty than most walks but I wouldn't have spent just a few months part time if I had only applied for the easiest full time vacancies.![]()
And I'm not convinced that number of posts on here is proportionate to experience as a postman.![]()
.... Fine.
On the second point yes I would have took the job also to get a full time wage but if you so choose you can still cut off which on days when you didn't want O/T that's what I would do,( your contracted to work the hours you are paid overtime is voluntary not mandatory) and take my meal relief, not deliver in the snow and ice without a break like you say you do for up to 7 hours. Obviously now you've changed your mind about that as well all is Fine![]()
I don't recommend that duration and in hindsight realise that taking a break and / or cutting off might have been a good idea, but somehow there's the urge to keep going knowing that it's just for a few days of the year - and incidentally I got some handsome tips from several remote residents appreciative of me making the effort to get through to them.
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
The only urge i get is to finish on time
fc*k them no way am i going even the slightest way out for this shower of sh*t no mater what the wether more fool you LL 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Are we going to survive Xmas?
Yes, finishing on time is your and everyone's right, and I'm sure I would do the same if I felt the same way about my job as you.axeman wrote:The only urge i get is to finish on timefc*k them no way am i going even the slightest way out for this shower of sh*t no mater what the wether more fool you LL
Foolish I may be, but my biggest mistake was staying nearly thirty years in steady employment where the management were more of a "shower of sh*t" than I've seen anywhere in Royal Mail.