ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Too Hot

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Too Hot

Post by stokes11eg »

Pat Ostman wrote:Again DGP, it's not too hot for you. Thats a personal statement not a fact for everyone else.

Hypo/Hyper thyroid sufferers for example feel the cold a lot more than the average person. :cool
:crazy: Yes--we do! 17 degreess here but I'm off!
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Too Hot

Post by spoodoo »

we were out in the worst snow and ice every day,,,,,not this year tho or next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Too Hot

Post by muzzy »

Yeah it's been bloody hot, but we are all adults and do you need to wait for someone to give you a tube of sun cream before applying it??
If you're that concerned go and buy some and slap it on.
How many of you have been wearing the RM supplied baseball caps this week? I have.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72774
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Too Hot

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lateagainpostie wrote:So now sunblock keeps you cool as well ? :whistle

You can thank all the mail centre workers for us having to work in this heat, they were the ones that took the D2D carrot, must be lovely in those air conditioned mail centres when the weather is like this
:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Mail Centre workers did not accept a D2D carrot - their supplement for a FT is £8 not £20+

Delivery Members outnumber every other function within RM (even added together) so even if ALL of them had voted Yes we still needed a significant number of delivery posties to also vote YES,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Too Hot

Post by DB1100 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lateagainpostie wrote:So now sunblock keeps you cool as well ? :whistle

You can thank all the mail centre workers for us having to work in this heat, they were the ones that took the D2D carrot, must be lovely in those air conditioned mail centres when the weather is like this
:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Mail Centre workers did not accept a D2D carrot - their supplement for a FT is £8 not £20+

Delivery Members outnumber every other function within RM (even added together) so even if ALL of them had voted Yes we still needed a significant number of delivery posties to also vote YES,
Do you really think the vote made any differance,the D2D's were always going to be in the workload.As someone famous once said,if voting made any differance they wouldn't let us do it.
For we were soldiers once,and young
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Too Hot

Post by fishtank »

DB1100 wrote: Do you really think the vote made any differance,the D2D's were always going to be in the workload.
D2D was always in workload.
It just wasn't accounted for in traffic figures.
That's the only difference.
Big deal...D2D is,on a good week 8% of traffic...and traffic is 10% down this year. :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
hotfudge
Posts: 55
Joined: 06 Jan 2011, 15:49
Gender: Male
Location: in the grasp of satan (RMG)

Re: Too Hot

Post by hotfudge »

reading some of the comments on site some of you really need to man up and stop all the whinging.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Too Hot

Post by Stormproof »

28c here today, far too hot for my liking. The glare of the sun on the window envelopes gave me a headache after the 2nd loop. 4 loops not done today.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Too Hot

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:28c here today, far too hot for my liking. The glare of the sun on the window envelopes gave me a headache after the 2nd loop. 4 loops not done today.
NAKED.........................you need to be NAKED :nervous


I would like to add that PPE should always be worn


ps b4...b8
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Too Hot

Post by NewPostieUK »

25 ºC = 77 ºF

Thats way too hot for me to be carrying bags up hills and steps. I couldn't go any slower, I was crawling up the steps and steep drives.

Soaked, absolutely drenched with sweat. But I'm a man, and I don't take the mick when some complain of the cold when its a balmy 2 or 3 above freezing.

We are all different. Unfortunately for me, most people want the heating on in the office from about Oct onwards, when I would have the windows open (if there were any).
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Too Hot

Post by not me »

NewPostieUK wrote:25 ºC = 77 ºF

Thats way too hot for me to be carrying bags up hills and steps. I couldn't go any slower, I was crawling up the steps and steep drives.

Soaked, absolutely drenched with sweat. But I'm a man, and I don't take the mick when some complain of the cold when its a balmy 2 or 3 above freezing.

We are all different. Unfortunately for me, most people want the heating on in the office from about Oct onwards, when I would have the windows open (if there were any).
I think we are the same
nothing better than being out on delivery on a crisp cold day
hot days are fine for a bit but they wear me down
dont even start on those fairy marys and their heating ;)
zidangus
Posts: 41
Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 21:17
Gender: Male

Re: Too Hot

Post by zidangus »

hotfudge wrote:reading some of the comments on site some of you really need to man up and stop all the whinging.

If 'manning up' leads to skin cancer, then you can 'man up' all you want, but I think I'll pass on that one mate :hmmmm
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Too Hot

Post by taurus88 »

I like hot days, I like cold days.

I'm sick of people whining about one AND the other in this job.
singingpostman
Posts: 148
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22

Re: Too Hot

Post by singingpostman »

Two weeks ago it cost me £1000-00 for me and the missus to find tempratures like these for a week, now I'm getting paid to be out in them, no complaints here, can carry on for another month as fas I am concerned.

Do any other employers really supply sun block to there staff ?
zidangus
Posts: 41
Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 21:17
Gender: Male

Re: Too Hot

Post by zidangus »

muzzy wrote:Yeah it's been bloody hot, but we are all adults and do you need to wait for someone to give you a tube of sun cream before applying it??
If you're that concerned go and buy some and slap it on.
How many of you have been wearing the RM supplied baseball caps this week? I have.
Why the hell should I have to pay for sunblock while I am out working for RM ? Is it not up to RM and our union to make sure the their members have the correct health and safety, and be putting pressure on RM to make sure that they get it.

Its strange how RM say that they can't give out sunblock in case posties don't apply it and then sue them if they get cancer.
Its even stranger that the CWU seem to just accept this and not do anything to argue against this hypocritical attitude.

I mean the CWU head of region where I am from told me and others in my induction that, the RM have to give you the correct boots to wear for your job, because if you slip and have an accident or something along those lines, then CWU cannot help you as you were not wearing the correct boots, and basically you have not got a leg to stand on in regards to getting compensation from RM. Yet for sunblock RM are saying that if we give you it and you don't apply it you can sue us, so we won't give it to you. FFS this is completely hypocritical, why dont the CWU point this out and try to actually put pressure on RM to do something. If RM do not actually do something about this, it could potentially be a pandora's box of compensation claims from posties who get skin cancer, I reckon they would have a better than 50% chance of winning any claim, due to RM serious neglect of what evidence and advice the scientists and health professionals have about the potential hazards that working in the sun can lead to.