ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Working your rest day / now not getting...
-
singingpostman
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
For the last 2 Sats, they've got som bod in from another office to come in and deliver a round at our place, thats after he's done his own in his own office !,

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
No - 1/2 hour now and 1/2 hour later is an MC hoop which is connected to walk sequencing within their catchment area IIRC,mrlovepantsuk wrote:So how come some people are doing 39 hours while the rest of us are still doing 40, thought it would only drop half hour now and another half at a later date?
our later start without IPS would still only be about 7.30 not 10.30 like some so it wouldn't be the waste of a day and would still pay 7 hours.
Deliveries get 39 hour weeks when the implement a walk sequencing revision.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mrlovepantsuk
- Posts: 333
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
According to the paperwork I have seen for us WR deliveries is half hour April 2011 and half hour April 2012TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No - 1/2 hour now and 1/2 hour later is an MC hoop which is connected to walk sequencing within their catchment area IIRC,mrlovepantsuk wrote:So how come some people are doing 39 hours while the rest of us are still doing 40, thought it would only drop half hour now and another half at a later date?
our later start without IPS would still only be about 7.30 not 10.30 like some so it wouldn't be the waste of a day and would still pay 7 hours.
Deliveries get 39 hour weeks when the implement a walk sequencing revision.
Unity Is Strength
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
Thats a local thing because the BT2010 is quite clear on it - I am on my Lap Top but will post it up later when I get back.mrlovepantsuk wrote:According to the paperwork I have seen for us WR deliveries is half hour April 2011 and half hour April 2012TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No - 1/2 hour now and 1/2 hour later is an MC hoop which is connected to walk sequencing within their catchment area IIRC,mrlovepantsuk wrote:So how come some people are doing 39 hours while the rest of us are still doing 40, thought it would only drop half hour now and another half at a later date?
our later start without IPS would still only be about 7.30 not 10.30 like some so it wouldn't be the waste of a day and would still pay 7 hours.
Deliveries get 39 hour weeks when the implement a walk sequencing revision.
Edit - and how do they get round the 2.5% pay rise for PTimers that should get introduced when FT go to 39 hours. In effect if PT get a pay rise then FT lose out if they only get 1/2 hour off working week - or - If PT dont get a pay rise till full hour point for FT then they are loosing out on a 1.25% in a pay rise to compensate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mrlovepantsuk
- Posts: 333
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
thanks, still waiting for the revision to happen for various reasons, a couple of years ago our office was one of the first to do things now we are one of the last.
Unity Is Strength
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
Page 71 of BT2010
Shorter Working Week (For DOs)
To be implemented in all Delivery Units in line with the Walk Sequencing revision
Page 72
Shorter Working Week (for MCs)
The one hour reduction will be implemented in two phases. There will be a reduction of 30 minutes or credit given (either aggregated to provide additional leave or taken as scheduled attendance by employee choice) when the Mail Centre is walk sequencing mail for 50% of its catchment area. The final 30 minute reduction will be implemented (along with the phase one 30 minutes if not already deployed) when the Mail Centre is walk sequencing mail for 100% of its Delivery Units.
Also check my edit on previous post.
Shorter Working Week (For DOs)
To be implemented in all Delivery Units in line with the Walk Sequencing revision
Page 72
Shorter Working Week (for MCs)
The one hour reduction will be implemented in two phases. There will be a reduction of 30 minutes or credit given (either aggregated to provide additional leave or taken as scheduled attendance by employee choice) when the Mail Centre is walk sequencing mail for 50% of its catchment area. The final 30 minute reduction will be implemented (along with the phase one 30 minutes if not already deployed) when the Mail Centre is walk sequencing mail for 100% of its Delivery Units.
Also check my edit on previous post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
Not allowed to do that ; unless of course you get the holiday backred1968 wrote:At our office we have a problem of getting a lieu day off ,yet they phone staff up who are on A.L. asking if they want to come in on docket.
You cant make it up..............
-
mrlovepantsuk
- Posts: 333
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
thanks TBT, half our mech is sequenced, the last lot is sequenced about once a week.
Unity Is Strength
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
Not allowed to do it-full stop.hampshireman wrote:Not allowed to do that ; unless of course you get the holiday backred1968 wrote:At our office we have a problem of getting a lieu day off ,yet they phone staff up who are on A.L. asking if they want to come in on docket.
You cant make it up..............
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
Mine used to do 8 hours for coming for your day off, it was dropped to 7 hours no ips, 6 hours no ips NOW its 5 hours !!
and still the muppets come in for that ! I wouldn't get out of bed for 5 hours never mind 6 hours.
They are cutting their own throats, the Manager is a creep, "it'll be thrown in for you" "I'll sort your docket out" "I'll give you an extra hour (not)" I heard it all before all up there with the "cheques is in the post" I refuse to do it when it got dropped to 6 hours, I thought that was taking the p1ss, if you come in to do a scheduled delivery walk, you are expected to do IPS as well.
Its all happening because we let them, the muppets won't listen, until we all stopped it, it will carry on, how long before it becomes 4 hours WITH ips ?
They are cutting their own throats, the Manager is a creep, "it'll be thrown in for you" "I'll sort your docket out" "I'll give you an extra hour (not)" I heard it all before all up there with the "cheques is in the post" I refuse to do it when it got dropped to 6 hours, I thought that was taking the p1ss, if you come in to do a scheduled delivery walk, you are expected to do IPS as well.
Its all happening because we let them, the muppets won't listen, until we all stopped it, it will carry on, how long before it becomes 4 hours WITH ips ?
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
Agree. Not sure I worded it correctly. I've seen it happen and posted a thread on here (and got some grief about that)POSTMAN wrote:Not allowed to do it-full stop.hampshireman wrote:Not allowed to do that ; unless of course you get the holiday backred1968 wrote:At our office we have a problem of getting a lieu day off ,yet they phone staff up who are on A.L. asking if they want to come in on docket.
You cant make it up..............
I think the issue is docket? So , if you are on hols and are begged to work ... and get your holiday back ... then of course you cannot get OT ... as it would be a normal day.
I think I have that right.. Although I would stand to be corrected
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
Part of the way forward,no docket for the odd day,no coming in for the odd day and getting it put back on your holiday card.hampshireman wrote:Agree. Not sure I worded it correctly. I've seen it happen and posted a thread on here (and got some grief about that)POSTMAN wrote:Not allowed to do it-full stop.hampshireman wrote:Not allowed to do that ; unless of course you get the holiday backred1968 wrote:At our office we have a problem of getting a lieu day off ,yet they phone staff up who are on A.L. asking if they want to come in on docket.
You cant make it up..............
I think the issue is docket? So , if you are on hols and are begged to work ... and get your holiday back ... then of course you cannot get OT ... as it would be a normal day.
I think I have that right.. Although I would stand to be corrected
You have a week off,you HAVE the week off.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
They told us to come in after IPS was finished which wouldve worked out about 5 hrs. Everybody refused the o/t and suddenly it was back to the status quo. I guess the management didn't fancy covering the walks themselves.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
That's the problem in our office - no-one sticks together. One desperate/greedy person says they'll do it for less and the rest follow.NWpostie wrote:Mine used to do 8 hours for coming for your day off, it was dropped to 7 hours no ips, 6 hours no ips NOW its 5 hours !!![]()
and still the muppets come in for that ! I wouldn't get out of bed for 5 hours never mind 6 hours.
They are cutting their own throats, the Manager is a creep, "it'll be thrown in for you" "I'll sort your docket out" "I'll give you an extra hour (not)" I heard it all before all up there with the "cheques is in the post" I refuse to do it when it got dropped to 6 hours, I thought that was taking the p1ss, if you come in to do a scheduled delivery walk, you are expected to do IPS as well.
Its all happening because we let them, the muppets won't listen, until we all stopped it, it will carry on, how long before it becomes 4 hours WITH ips ?
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Working your rest day / now not getting...
Thankyou... I do indeed stand somewhat correctedPOSTMAN wrote:Part of the way forward,no docket for the odd day,no coming in for the odd day and getting it put back on your holiday card.hampshireman wrote:Agree. Not sure I worded it correctly. I've seen it happen and posted a thread on here (and got some grief about that)POSTMAN wrote:Not allowed to do it-full stop.hampshireman wrote:Not allowed to do that ; unless of course you get the holiday backred1968 wrote:At our office we have a problem of getting a lieu day off ,yet they phone staff up who are on A.L. asking if they want to come in on docket.
You cant make it up..............
I think the issue is docket? So , if you are on hols and are begged to work ... and get your holiday back ... then of course you cannot get OT ... as it would be a normal day.
I think I have that right.. Although I would stand to be corrected
You have a week off,you HAVE the week off.