ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

next pay rise 1.4%

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Re: next pay rise 1.4%

Post by visigoth »

The rate between the primary threshold and upper earnings limit is going from 11% to 12%
Correct, but misses that the primary threshold is also going (has gone) up.

So, while my gross has gone up just £2.85 (22½ hours), reductions to tax & NI dedns means my net's up by £8 a week (£35/month).

At the risk of offending all & sundry I'm actually -- dare I say -- pleased about that. ( :nervous )
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: next pay rise 1.4%

Post by fishtank »

Does this mean that HM Revenue&Customs have actually delivered the "deal of the century"? :shock:
Can we get them to negotiate BT2013? :Very Happy
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Re: next pay rise 1.4%

Post by visigoth »

All I can say about HMRC is, I ain't heard a peep about "millions have paid too little/much tax" for yonks.

That and that time they assured me I wasn't due a rebate & then promptly sent me a cheque for 600 beer tokens. :crazy:

(a) + (b) = complete wunch of bankers. :Applause