Sounds good to meclashcityrocker wrote:Or.......if you can't beat them join them
Why don't we go to a 4 day week so we can have an extra long weekend every week. Saturday Sunday and Monday. Only deliver Tues - Friday.
Let's not deliver D2D any more so the workload is manageable for those 4 days. (No more Sky mags - that's good)
Let's watch 30% of our colleagues in delivery face compulsory redundancy.
Let's close the D2D bundling centres. Let's close more MCs and RDCs.
Sack the cleaners.
Let's finish off the CWU.
Let's kill whole communities as well.
What Thatcher began, let us finish.....
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
I started the thread lol
Moving on swiftly,those who haven't can vote in our poll...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=30064" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Will also put the link in the 1st post as well.
Oh and ftr...
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
Moving on swiftly,those who haven't can vote in our poll...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=30064" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Will also put the link in the 1st post as well.
Oh and ftr...
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
adrianjames
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 25 Jul 2009, 08:59
- Gender: Male
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
well said i agree,put it to the members and see what they say,bring it on monday to friday,as delboy would say "cushty" :dcfo :ncfodaveallum wrote:I for one would welcome Monday - Friday and it could be 9-5 for all I care.When I talk to customers on the rounds that I cover they couldn't give a monkeys if they don't have a delivery on saturday because they are all doing family things together which we can't and which will get worse if they bring later starts/finishes on saturdays.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
But I thought the Canteen was the appropriate place for stupid conversations...............POSTMAN wrote:
Oh and ftr...
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
I would just say this........Maybe our idiotic union should have done more to preserve what little of a Saturday we did have, instead of caving in to demands from bosses to lengthen the day.
I had no qualms about working until 12.30pm on Saturday, but I'm buggered if I'll fight to keep longer and later Saturdays. It just won't happen, not now, not next week, not next month, not next year, not ever.
MON-FRI , the sooner, the better.
I had no qualms about working until 12.30pm on Saturday, but I'm buggered if I'll fight to keep longer and later Saturdays. It just won't happen, not now, not next week, not next month, not next year, not ever.
MON-FRI , the sooner, the better.
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
The loss of jobs affect communities, look at the Steel, Coal etc, so any job losses would cause problems for the government - benefits, less disposable income to spend to bolster the economy. Granted they are not all in one area but how many people do you know who are in a DO working with a brother, partner, daughter along side of them, any loss would hit them very hard.clashcityrocker wrote: In areas of high unemployment, some of these people wouldn't easily find another job. There would be the knock-on effect for their families and their communities.
As other posts have said could RM afford to do VRs? and the pension pot payout for those near retirement. With the knock on effect of fewer "spare" staff to do the OT, the outcome is still going to be the same unless more revenue is generated. But RM and all are at the mercy of politicians who have no concept of the real world of work!
-
countyboy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
Indeed... especially when the reverse is often the case..!!I love my job (or I used to, anyway) and hate it when managers think we are thick and brainless fodder because we CHOOSE to do this as a job. And they do, they think we are all incompetent idiots, incapable of doing anything else, and even incapable of doing our own jobs properly.
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
DirtyHarry wrote:I would just say this........Maybe our idiotic union should have done more to preserve what little of a Saturday we did have, instead of caving in to demands from bosses to lengthen the day.![]()
I had no qualms about working until 12.30pm on Saturday, but I'm buggered if I'll fight to keep longer and later Saturdays. It just won't happen, not now, not next week, not next month, not next year, not ever.
MON-FRI , the sooner, the better.
correct and obviously the mail stored from sat will sit nicely on the empty tuesday delivery.........
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
MisterSitter
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
Our canteen is closed on a Saturday.clashcityrocker wrote:But I thought the Canteen was the appropriate place for stupid conversations...............POSTMAN wrote:
Oh and ftr...
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
can't kill them especially when the Site Owner started them. (note to posters check thread starter before posting)gb93 wrote:Come on Mods stop these threadsgb93 wrote:Fully agree with Clash.clashcityrocker wrote:If I was a moderator...........
alarmist![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Can these moronic threads be killed at birth.
Postman
Ah well not much chance I take it
..... and even if not whilst I agree its not an important discussion for me - it is for some so why should we hinder their freedom to discuss it. If we deleted threads based on intelligence loads would be deleted and we would really deserve the vitriol that some posters give us when they think we have deleted their threads for no reason they agree with.
No I am afraid subject matter is the factor not the intelligence quota of the OP.clashcityrocker wrote:But I thought the Canteen was the appropriate place for stupid conversations...............POSTMAN wrote:
Oh and ftr...
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2976
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
What I don't understand is the attitude of the union. They must have been aware of the decline in mail volumes but didn't make the right choices and are now trying to cover their own arses. It has been stated on more than one occasion in the past that volumes were dropping yet they, along with RM brought in five day duties for all, by using rotation men. Why employ all these extra people when we are having a job just to protect the ones that already existed? Surely this is driving us further down the road towards part time. Just a thought. 
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
If only you could understand me like Fish, TBT
Unless it's me not getting it this time
Unless it's me not getting it this time
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
Yep sounds good to me to...bring it on!dvbuk55 wrote:Sounds good to meclashcityrocker wrote:Or.......if you can't beat them join them
Why don't we go to a 4 day week so we can have an extra long weekend every week. Saturday Sunday and Monday. Only deliver Tues - Friday.
Let's not deliver D2D any more so the workload is manageable for those 4 days. (No more Sky mags - that's good)
Let's watch 30% of our colleagues in delivery face compulsory redundancy.
Let's close the D2D bundling centres. Let's close more MCs and RDCs.
Sack the cleaners.
Let's finish off the CWU.
Let's kill whole communities as well.
What Thatcher began, let us finish.....
-
Robocop
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 19 Jul 2009, 17:23
- Gender: Male
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
clashcityrocker wrote:Or.......if you can't beat them join them
Why don't we go to a 4 day week so we can have an extra long weekend every week. Saturday Sunday and Monday. Only deliver Tues - Friday.
Let's not deliver D2D any more so the workload is manageable for those 4 days. (No more Sky mags - that's good)
Let's watch 30% of our colleagues in delivery face compulsory redundancy.
Let's close the D2D bundling centres. Let's close more MCs and RDCs.
Sack the cleaners.
Let's finish off the CWU.
Let's kill whole communities as well.
What Thatcher began, let us finish.....
Yeah you're right.....if you can't beat them join them. Why not have deliveries on a Sunday as well?
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: 21 out of 27 in EU have a 5 day week mail operation
some of the comments on this thread make my blood boil
people willing to lose colleagues for a mon - fri?
are you mad - yes I understand none of much like working saturday's especially later ones now BUT we all knew saturday was a working day when we joined and at the risk of sounding rude- if you want a mon - fri job then don't be a postman
to happily accept that 1/6 of your workmates would be out of a job just so you can watch the footie/have a lie in - well lets just hope you wouldn't be one of the 1/6 eh!
and yes I have a family and yes I want to do stuff on a saturday with them and I do after i've finshed work
yes i'm knackered but the alternative is unthinkable
we want to protect jobs not get rid of them just because you don't want to work on a saturday
people willing to lose colleagues for a mon - fri?
are you mad - yes I understand none of much like working saturday's especially later ones now BUT we all knew saturday was a working day when we joined and at the risk of sounding rude- if you want a mon - fri job then don't be a postman
to happily accept that 1/6 of your workmates would be out of a job just so you can watch the footie/have a lie in - well lets just hope you wouldn't be one of the 1/6 eh!
and yes I have a family and yes I want to do stuff on a saturday with them and I do after i've finshed work
yes i'm knackered but the alternative is unthinkable
we want to protect jobs not get rid of them just because you don't want to work on a saturday