ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Next round of pay talk

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I am taking home less than I did in 1995 :shhhhh :shhhhh
I used to take a lot of mail home with me but I got caught.
Fortunately I got a 2 year serious. I don't do it any more.
Wasn't that what you meant?
Course it wasn't, what are incinerators for anyway :nervous
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by clashcityrocker »

dvbuk55 wrote: Course it wasn't, what are incinerators for anyway :nervous
Didn't they introduce those silver bags for Special Deliveries because they don't burn well and it makes it difficult to destroy the evidence?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by POSTMAN »

clashcityrocker wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I am taking home less than I did in 1995 :shhhhh :shhhhh
I used to take a lot of mail home with me but I got caught.
Fortunately I got a 2 year serious. I don't do it any more.
Wasn't that what you meant?
If you hadn't of got caught and you still did it now,you'd be taking home 10% less,every cloud.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I am taking home less than I did in 1995 :shhhhh :shhhhh
I used to take a lot of mail home with me but I got caught.
Fortunately I got a 2 year serious. I don't do it any more.
Wasn't that what you meant?
:left: :left: :left: :wave :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote: If you hadn't of got caught and you still did it now,you'd be taking home 10% less,every cloud.
...but more packets...difficult to shred. :d'oh!
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote: If you hadn't of got caught and you still did it now,you'd be taking home 10% less,every cloud.
...but more packets...difficult to shred. :d'oh!
But I did pinch a PDA for the Tracked I take home......
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by BELIAL »

I hope your right but i dont see any real challenge
Funny you should say that ,that's exactly what Mubarak ;Ceausescu , and Louis XIV said . An hour is a long time in politics :chuckle
Bye
westham67
Posts: 46
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 19:19
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by westham67 »

3.5% 2012 pay rise = zero under new ownership, no wonder it was,nt 3.5% 2011 and 1.5% 2012 never mind good luck everyone..........
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by Danelectro »

BELIAL wrote:
I hope your right but i dont see any real challenge
Funny you should say that ,that's exactly what Mubarak ;Ceausescu , and Louis XIV said . An hour is a long time in politics :chuckle
true though Mubarek has been in the job thirty f***ing years,imagine if Cameron got that kinda breathing space ?
we would probably all be living on a diet of woodlice and bullshit by then:dcfo
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by BELIAL »

Danelectro wrote:
BELIAL wrote:
I hope your right but i dont see any real challenge
Funny you should say that ,that's exactly what Mubarak ;Ceausescu , and Louis XIV said . An hour is a long time in politics :chuckle
true though Mubarek has been in the job thirty f***ing years,imagine if Cameron got that kinda breathing space ?
we would probably all be living on a diet of woodlice and bullshit by then:dcfo
You wish :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Bye
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by Lincox »

Trouble is Dano we have had to put up with the same tripe for in excess of 30 years. It started with Thatcher bashing the unions and selling off the infastructure of this country and at the same time giving a great big tax cut to the grabbing rich, funded by North Sea Oil, a comodity that the lower classes never saw any benefit from. Carried on by Tony and his cronies, who promised a better life for the poor, and in some ways achieved this, but never rebalanced the share of income tax, and although the living standards increased, the rich became richer and so the divide became greater. We now have Cameron who believes he is the new Messiah, but again we begin to see the sale of what Maggie Thatcher left of this country,s infa structure and the mass loss of jobs as in the past Tory reign, which will prevent the pay back of the structural debt. We are in for a hiding from this current regime and thirty years of this b ll x is enough for everyone. Time to take to the streets, but wait until it gets a bit warmer.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by smokerjim »

Frankly this thread should be renamed "Next round of insults to my dignity & self respect" 'cos that's the basic result after Billy & Dave chat with Tolly the tool & Higson :cry
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by BELIAL »

I can cope with insults ,it's keeping warm and dry and getting enough food that troubles me :hmmmm
Bye
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by Danelectro »

Lincox wrote:Trouble is Dano we have had to put up with the same tripe for in excess of 30 years. It started with Thatcher bashing the unions and selling off the infastructure of this country and at the same time giving a great big tax cut to the grabbing rich, funded by North Sea Oil, a comodity that the lower classes never saw any benefit from. Carried on by Tony and his cronies, who promised a better life for the poor, and in some ways achieved this, but never rebalanced the share of income tax, and although the living standards increased, the rich became richer and so the divide became greater. We now have Cameron who believes he is the new Messiah, but again we begin to see the sale of what Maggie Thatcher left of this country,s infa structure and the mass loss of jobs as in the past Tory reign, which will prevent the pay back of the structural debt. We are in for a hiding from this current regime and thirty years of this b ll x is enough for everyone. Time to take to the streets, but wait until it gets a bit warmer.
I'm all for taking to the streets and the picket line and agree the the changes in the uk since Thatcher have resulted in
the rich getting richer etc 'm just not convinced bringing down this coalition government is anywhere near happening yet
and if it was and Labour were returned their policy on the deficit would still cause great hardship for many in the uk and
still be subject to the pressures of the international money markets.

The coalition is hellbent on privatising Royal Mail but Labour did the spadework and the unions paid Labour and
its own leaders a fortune and that shouldnt be forgotten,im just sick of crashing in the same car....
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Next round of pay talk

Post by BELIAL »

Danelectro wrote:im just sick of crashing in the same car....
:roll: But Dan ,this is the epitome of a modern democratic society . You have the freedom of choice to be disemboweled in a blue red or orangey car :roll: count your blessings :chuckle
Bye