ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scab talking?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krooserman1802
Posts: 84
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 19:20
Location: Enfield

Post by krooserman1802 »

ulster postie wrote:havent talked to the strike breakers since the first strike , what makes me laugh is a couple of them have threatened to take me into the screws office, HOW SAD, WHEN IT COMES TO THE DAY WHEN IM TOLD WHO I MUST TALK TO ILL STICK MY HEAD IN THE OVEN OH I FORGOT ITS ELECTRIC :d'oh!
perhaps the screw will take you in the office.....and then grill ya....lol :dance
evilc
MDEC
Posts: 721
Joined: 05 May 2007, 17:20
Location: near the moors

Post by evilc »

How about this then, our CWU Rep is out sick, in the past I have been a unit rep so occasionally I will accompany colleagues into some interviews. Well today it was mentioned thru a 2nd party if I would go in the office with a scab who is a paid up member, unfortunately I was not asked direct as I would of took great pleasure in telling them to f**k off. Is there never any ending to these parasites cheek. :mad :mad :mad
" if the kids are united we will never be divided "
Jimmy pursey 1979
dave7634
Posts: 289
Joined: 08 Jun 2007, 08:54

Re: Scab talking?

Post by dave7634 »

brisomerset wrote:Before you start hurling abuse at me I AM NOT A SCAB okay.Have been on each picket so far and tommorows :nana and as many as CWU dictate.My point is in our office of about fifty we have a scab :so there but i spotted a couple of people having a good old chin wag with him, as it was so quiet. As if nothing had happened. These couple of people have never been on picket duty.I told my militant mate and i said i refuse to talk to them who chat with a scab. Am i being juvenile in my actions ? :so there
This is the problem at our office. Because there is only a small percentage compared to the size of our Delivery Office who are on the gate seeing the strike breakers, then when we go back these non-picketing people are talking to them :mad

It's sending the wrong signal to the strikers who are perhaps seeing this and maybe wavering on whether they should actually cross or not as, in their eyes they are not being punished for scabbing in the first place!
J
Posts: 171
Joined: 18 May 2007, 17:34
Location: UK

Post by J »

I won't talk to strike breakers.

I won't acknowledge them either.

I won't talk to the agency staff either.

They're all fuc*ing scum!!!

I may seem childish, but we're in the middle of a dispute and while I'm on the picket line and I see these bastards go in.... makes my f***ing blood boil it does!!!!

Sorry for the expletives there but it's an emotive subject for me!!!
I'm ex TPO... may the lord have mercy on our souls.... LOL
postiel
Posts: 56
Joined: 05 May 2007, 09:34
Location: south

Post by postiel »

there are strike breakers in our office i havent talked to for 11 years since the last strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unity brothers :no no :no no :no no :no no
dman
MDEC
Posts: 73
Joined: 15 May 2007, 07:40
Location: devon

Post by dman »

i dont know evilc what is the world coming to eh :dance :dance

shame you were never asked would have liked to have seen the expression on that strike breakers face :wink:
a puppet on a string
i love mail sort
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Apr 2007, 21:40
Location: its either Hell or a bad dream

Post by i love mail sort »

pretty funny on my way to my round today a car drove past me on the other side of the round and shouted SCABBBBBBBBBBBBBB at me, guess they didnt know the dates. :crazy:
mdtomuk
Posts: 315
Joined: 14 May 2007, 19:02
Location: BH (Bournemouth/Poole)

UGLY!!!!

Post by mdtomuk »

No its because youv'e got that big scab all over your face!!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
moanalot
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 Jun 2007, 15:33
Location: Deep in Cider country

Post by moanalot »

I came into to work today and notice serveral of the younger element of our office laughing and joking with one of our strike breakers this is beginning to make me feel quite incensed!
It seems to me that the younger element are treating the strike days as another day off where they can go up the pub and get legless the night before knowning full well that they don't have to work the next day!
Not only that I would say that 2/3rd's of our office have not even been anywhere near the picket line and probably don't really care what we our striking for!
I would like to think that our office is the only one that is like this and would be the first to admit that it is a very weak office!
By that way that scab in question is a women who went sick on wednesday to avoid doing her walk but once again cross the picket line on her day off, this is really beginning to piss me off!
shelanda
Posts: 422
Joined: 19 May 2007, 20:44
Location: south east

Post by shelanda »

we also had a member that worked their day off and more than 2/3rds of my office has not been on the picket line. 1 of them went and got his money out of the bank just up the road and did not even look at us, he showed his true colours on Sat and went through the picket line was on holiday yesterday otherwise he would of been in. Says he can't afford to but so far only lost one day but worked his day off so really gained not lost. How are they gonna manage when they stop the docket???
nelson
Posts: 278
Joined: 24 May 2007, 17:28

Post by nelson »

What about the PHG that said he had come out of the union just before the strikes so he can work, BUT will rejoin after it's all over :so there :so there :so there
How can people live with themselves, knowing that they are hated at work?
midlandpostlady
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 May 2007, 19:02

Post by midlandpostlady »

J wrote:I won't talk to strike breakers.

I won't acknowledge them either.

I won't talk to the agency staff either.

They're all fuc*ing scum!!!

I may seem childish, but we're in the middle of a dispute and while I'm on the picket line and I see these bastards go in.... makes my f***ing blood boil it does!!!!

Sorry for the expletives there but it's an emotive subject for me!!!
why agency staff?
I started as an agency staff due to there being no vacencies we did the same hours and work for £5 an hour no d2d payments or early start money.
I was glad when they took me on full time