dvbuk55 wrote:Big Daz wrote:Im not talking about FULL release,so no cushy shift at all. Just a set amount of the weekly duty time to be for union work.
The amount would vary from D.O to D.O
Union work aint cushy, not by a long shot!!!!!!!!
In fact pre scheduled release allready exists in the form of WRM's.
Well that would be difficult for a part timer with no IPS duty surely because it would have to come out of delivery time thereby lending itself to asuggestion that the Rep had a "cushy" delivery, say closest to the office with only 400 drops..................
Why not prep, when ive had release for stuff in the past its mainly in prep time and FT comes off IPS and does my prep or the line manger does it and then its not full prep only sorting mail into the frame. Release from delivery work outside of revision work is the exception and not the norm for me. Sometimes union work is O/T
Of course one could adjust the duty the rep picks in the repick rather than pick a duty for the rep.
When a new rep comes along adjust whatever duty he/she holds.
If not having a reps duty WRM one would imagine would be the ideal place to disscuss and arrange whatever release is needed the following week and how to cover the reps OPG work whether it be for every single hour of the working week or 30 mins on just one day.
Some point next month when the revision is getting ready for phase 3, I would guess I will be on either full release or release from delivery only (Prep then revsion work)
Have I mentioned that the duty I hold now I have held on and off since August 1991 and all the those above me on the seniority list have zero interest in it
Did I mention Ive picked in the last 3 re picks, ready and waiting for me in 2002 2004 and 2008 and no doubt will be again in 2010 and 2012.
I could well be on it for another 30 years,
