I would make sure it changes to get it in the resign, senior men seem to think they are above any resign or change, just because someone has worked(took the piss) for 20 -30 years why should they still get out of change. I say All in the resign, no if's or buts(apart from DDA). everyone on the same terms!!!! (rant over)dvbuk55 wrote:Well if nothing changes he will be allowed to keep it because it won't be in the repick.dre33dd wrote:in a resign
will the ex phg still be able to keep his job?? or should it go in the hat too??
he does callers office aplus and the specials .keys etc
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
-
cantbelieveit's...
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 17:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
Seniority has sweet F.A to do with change, if the duty incurrs major change in the pot it goes whether its held by a 12 month man or a 25 year man.
-
pickaname
- Posts: 1467
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
It all round my offfice that DOM is set to implement a 7am-3pm / 5 day week as part of the revision as supposedly no other options are viable with regards to the changes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
The callers and book room duties are also specialist duties - so it is not a question of seniority alone but also suitability - and if it don't change it don't go in - and that is part of an unchanged agreement - perhaps you overestimate your influence.cantbelieveit's... wrote:I would make sure it changes to get it in the resign, senior men seem to think they are above any resign or change, just because someone has worked(took the piss) for 20 -30 years why should they still get out of change. I say All in the resign, no if's or buts(apart from DDA). everyone on the same terms!!!! (rant over)dvbuk55 wrote:Well if nothing changes he will be allowed to keep it because it won't be in the repick.dre33dd wrote:in a resign
will the ex phg still be able to keep his job?? or should it go in the hat too??
he does callers office aplus and the specials .keys etc
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
Can I ask what you intend to do about it ? Is your office having a sequencing revison ? is it an intregated revison.pickaname wrote:It all round my offfice that DOM is set to implement a 7am-3pm / 5 day week as part of the revision as supposedly no other options are viable with regards to the changes.
No one should be going to 3pm without a change to their attendance pattern.
All the sequencing revisons are showing that work is available in all the satellite offices well before 0500 which means that no office should have to on mass move to 0700.
I would say contact your area rep but I think you said your office has all pulled out the union.
Certainly no dom will get away with that tactic in the division I reprsent.
-
pickaname
- Posts: 1467
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
No dingo, not the whole office, just quite a few. makes no odds anyway as theres no sign of changes here. Its going to be a nightmare to get it all sorted anyway. So many variables and so many idiots/unskilled twats in charge.dingo wrote:Can I ask what you intend to do about it ? Is your office having a sequencing revison ? is it an intregated revison.pickaname wrote:It all round my offfice that DOM is set to implement a 7am-3pm / 5 day week as part of the revision as supposedly no other options are viable with regards to the changes.
No one should be going to 3pm without a change to their attendance pattern.
All the sequencing revisons are showing that work is available in all the satellite offices well before 0500 which means that no office should have to on mass move to 0700.
I would say contact your area rep but I think you said your office has all pulled out the union.
Certainly no dom will get away with that tactic in the division I reprsent.
No one has said anything. Managers dont know anything. Area rep doenst know anything. No changes are imminent.
When we ask questions all we get are blank looks as no one knows whats happening.
Its all rumours.
Like i said many times before., no one is prepared to be a rep because it means supporting the 2010 deal - something which 99% of my office voted against. Like it or not but people down here have and stick by their principles.
It was the hallmark of our strong office until the union screwed us over.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
Why, what would happen? More talking?dingo wrote:Can I ask what you intend to do about it ? Is your office having a sequencing revison ? is it an intregated revison.pickaname wrote:It all round my offfice that DOM is set to implement a 7am-3pm / 5 day week as part of the revision as supposedly no other options are viable with regards to the changes.
No one should be going to 3pm without a change to their attendance pattern.
All the sequencing revisons are showing that work is available in all the satellite offices well before 0500 which means that no office should have to on mass move to 0700.
I would say contact your area rep but I think you said your office has all pulled out the union.
Certainly no dom will get away with that tactic in the division I reprsent.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
Well things would move,especially if they touched the whatnots!dvbuk55 wrote:Why, what would happen? More talking?dingo wrote:Can I ask what you intend to do about it ? Is your office having a sequencing revison ? is it an intregated revison.pickaname wrote:It all round my offfice that DOM is set to implement a 7am-3pm / 5 day week as part of the revision as supposedly no other options are viable with regards to the changes.
No one should be going to 3pm without a change to their attendance pattern.
All the sequencing revisons are showing that work is available in all the satellite offices well before 0500 which means that no office should have to on mass move to 0700.
I would say contact your area rep but I think you said your office has all pulled out the union.
Certainly no dom will get away with that tactic in the division I reprsent.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
Dvbuk its not just talk.
We have a joint area and DSM workshop on the 19th July where the local revision workshop will be presented by Tessa Fayers.
We have 2 hours on how to improve relationships including having similar workshops for all local reps and doms.
We have a further presentation by Richard Moor on walk sequencing and the one outward plan.
We have also just had the first cut of a plan for all the revisions within the our divison.
We have set up the working groups on the 5 sites where the sequencing will be done and got things under control.
Its called getting your act together. Organisation.
We have also put in place a regional review group to ensure that all revisons in London are going to be dealt with in line with the agreement and if there are problems we will sort them out at the fortnightly meetings.
So I can say with complete confidence that it would not happen in London.
We have a joint area and DSM workshop on the 19th July where the local revision workshop will be presented by Tessa Fayers.
We have 2 hours on how to improve relationships including having similar workshops for all local reps and doms.
We have a further presentation by Richard Moor on walk sequencing and the one outward plan.
We have also just had the first cut of a plan for all the revisions within the our divison.
We have set up the working groups on the 5 sites where the sequencing will be done and got things under control.
Its called getting your act together. Organisation.
We have also put in place a regional review group to ensure that all revisons in London are going to be dealt with in line with the agreement and if there are problems we will sort them out at the fortnightly meetings.
So I can say with complete confidence that it would not happen in London.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
You'll have to forgive me, I am slightly pissed but isn't 'Tessa Fayers' an anagram for 'farts as yeses'? Oh, sorry.the local revision workshop will be presented by Tessa Fayers.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
Well dingo my question was - Why what would happen.? More talking.?
I think your response speaks for itself - endless chatter by the looks of it
I wouldn't like to be a donkey whilst you lot were about, I'd probably be dragging myself about on my front legs
I think your response speaks for itself - endless chatter by the looks of it
I wouldn't like to be a donkey whilst you lot were about, I'd probably be dragging myself about on my front legs
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
dv,make your mind up mate,on one hand we've the streets of gold with 10hr days and less than 3hr walks,the next,we're going to chat ourselves out of a job. 
Wanna transfer?
Wanna transfer?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
Good god no - I'd only be able to afford a Wickes shed in your back garden - the sort of wages we're on in the North would hardly pay for a 2nd class rail ticket - a car is out of the question.POSTMAN wrote:dv,make your mind up mate,on one hand we've the streets of gold with 10hr days and less than 3hr walks,the next,we're going to chat ourselves out of a job.
Wanna transfer?
In any case I'd soon get bored on a 10 hour shift and nothing to do
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
If you transfered to London, you'd get the same money as Postman, so that's hardly a valid argument. And if you're worried about not having enough work to do, you could always volunteer for absorbtion.dvbuk55 wrote:Good god no - I'd only be able to afford a Wickes shed in your back garden - the sort of wages we're on in the North would hardly pay for a 2nd class rail ticket - a car is out of the question.POSTMAN wrote:dv,make your mind up mate,on one hand we've the streets of gold with 10hr days and less than 3hr walks,the next,we're going to chat ourselves out of a job.
Wanna transfer?![]()
In any case I'd soon get bored on a 10 hour shift and nothing to do![]()
So it really comes down to a simple question now: Do you have Family ties, which would make life too difficult moving to London. Or are you afraid of being proved wrong?
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Menu of duty options, Wheres wallington?
Of course I have family ties, children, grandchildren, two sheds, wife - but most of all my beloved collie dog - he would miss the lakes and rivers and greenery and would be blinded by the sun glinting off the pavement.andy2007 wrote:If you transfered to London, you'd get the same money as Postman, so that's hardly a valid argument. And if you're worried about not having enough work to do, you could always volunteer for absorbtion.dvbuk55 wrote:Good god no - I'd only be able to afford a Wickes shed in your back garden - the sort of wages we're on in the North would hardly pay for a 2nd class rail ticket - a car is out of the question.POSTMAN wrote:dv,make your mind up mate,on one hand we've the streets of gold with 10hr days and less than 3hr walks,the next,we're going to chat ourselves out of a job.
Wanna transfer?![]()
In any case I'd soon get bored on a 10 hour shift and nothing to do![]()
![]()
So it really comes down to a simple question now: Do you have Family ties, which would make life too difficult moving to London. Or are you afraid of being proved wrong?![]()
As for the money - I mean I haven't the stamina to be working 2 days on SA - even on a 1 and a half hour delivery - so the extra money for living somewhere that is so expensive - I'll bet a £1 lottery ticket is miles more expensive there and a £4.49 MacDonalds - could be as much as £4.50.