ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pickaname
Posts: 1467
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by pickaname »

Big Daz wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:A walk done on OT would have to have it's 16% done.
A walk on lapsing would have to have it's 16% done.

Is it that hard to divide a walk 6 ways and allocate 1/6 to it per day?

No its very easy, OPG's IMHO should in RML time work out the six sections and the DOM should type this up print it off and place in walk log. OPG should also consider due to DTD growth doing 1/6th of each pouch a day as a way of dealing with weight and volumetric issues.
Why? Why should OPG do this managerial work?

How? How have OPGs got time to do this accurately? Book overtime? I dont do overtime.

D2D into workload should have been part of a georoute revision to accurately (as possible) gauge what 16.6% is.
16.6% of slots is not 16.6% of d2d volume.

This D2D into workload is just a farce.

Its Royal Mail trying to quickly rob its workers of D2D inccome to bolster their own profits.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by fishtank »

jack wrote:I'd like to know how you can throw dtd s into the double slotted frames which are already filled with magazines and flats etc!!
Sometimes theres not enough room for mail let alone dtd s.

That is a very good question.
Add it to the list of the unanswered. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote:A walk done on OT would have to have it's 16% done.
A walk on lapsing would have to have it's 16% done.

Is it that hard to divide a walk 6 ways and allocate 1/6 to it per day?

Well i would imagine it's about as hard as dividing a walk by 5 and allocating 1/5 per day.
A walk done on overtime NOW should have it's 20% done........but in most cases it doesn't.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by Big Daz »

pickaname wrote:
Big Daz wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:A walk done on OT would have to have it's 16% done.
A walk on lapsing would have to have it's 16% done.

Is it that hard to divide a walk 6 ways and allocate 1/6 to it per day?

No its very easy, OPG's IMHO should in RML time work out the six sections and the DOM should type this up print it off and place in walk log. OPG should also consider due to DTD growth doing 1/6th of each pouch a day as a way of dealing with weight and volumetric issues.
Why? Why should OPG do this managerial work?

How? How have OPGs got time to do this accurately? Book overtime? I dont do overtime.

D2D into workload should have been part of a georoute revision to accurately (as possible) gauge what 16.6% is.
16.6% of slots is not 16.6% of d2d volume.

This D2D into workload is just a farce.

Its Royal Mail trying to quickly rob its workers of D2D inccome to bolster their own profits.

Sorry, but its not mangerial work its OPG work, if we go by your thinking then managers should be telling us at the moment which part of the round to do every day.

Im not in to having DOM's micro manage my working day, the best person to decide how to get the DTD delivered on each delivery by end of duty Saturday is the duty holder.


When the revision takes place, then the DOM, Planner (if you have one) and rep as part of the display of new delivery routes/duties can show the delivery broken down into 6ths


WTLL is the perfect opportunity to sit down and work out how you wish to deliver your DTD


The interim period is not forever and the first revision to take place in your D.O will take care of DTD into workload.

And yes if it was up to me there would be no interim period, increased DTD and supplement would start with the revision being implemented. That would be the most sensible and way to change over.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by Big Daz »

fishtank wrote:
jack wrote:I'd like to know how you can throw dtd s into the double slotted frames which are already filled with magazines and flats etc!!
Sometimes theres not enough room for mail let alone dtd s.

That is a very good question.
Add it to the list of the unanswered. :cuppa

Bob G touched on this at the briefings, he said it may be done manually rather than trying to put into frame. Regardless of prep method time should be allowed and built in when doing revisions and in the interim, manager and rep work out how to resource any extra hours needed.
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by mclovin »

Arent we told countless times D2D is already part of the workload by the union?????

Anyway until there is a proper revision and the tool are brought in (vans, trolleys etc) I shall be doing my D2D the exact same way I always have, minus 120 for the float.

And no way will I have any left to do on a Friday or Saturday. No chance whatsoever.
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by mclovin »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Im off this week but the lads said the d2d and payment sheets have been put out as normal and the management havent said a word about the 20.60 or the floaters taking any, so all as normal at our place
Thats right Jimmy next week is normal, June 7th is week after.
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by Wiggins79 »

I'm on a 28 hr contract to cover 4 days off in our office. More often than not though, due to various reasons (most of them management foul-ups in contracted hours across the office) I will end up working a 5 day week or even a 6 day week with the extra days done on OT. As a rule, I haven't delivered DTD's covering days off, only when I've been on the same round all week (agreed between me and the regular duty holder). What happends now when I cover an extra day on OT- will I be automatically given the full pro-rata allowance for DTD's- or will I get shafted and be expected to do a full-time workers amount of DTD's on a part-timers pro-rata payment? As far as I am concerned though, if I don't get the full allowance, then I simply won't deliver them. Any answers?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by POSTMAN »

Wiggins79 wrote:I'm on a 28 hr contract to cover 4 days off in our office. More often than not though, due to various reasons (most of them management foul-ups in contracted hours across the office) I will end up working a 5 day week or even a 6 day week with the extra days done on OT. As a rule, I haven't delivered DTD's covering days off, only when I've been on the same round all week (agreed between me and the regular duty holder). What happends now when I cover an extra day on OT- will I be automatically given the full pro-rata allowance for DTD's- or will I get shafted and be expected to do a full-time workers amount of DTD's on a part-timers pro-rata payment? As far as I am concerned though, if I don't get the full allowance, then I simply won't deliver them. Any answers?
You get the payment pro rata because you are part time.
You have to deliver D2D's when you do OT.

Refuse anytime and you're out of the door.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by Wiggins79 »

So basically, what you are saying is I will be getting paid less to do the same amount of someone else who is getting paid more? Off to an employment lawyer methinks.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by fishtank »

Wiggins79 wrote:So basically, what you are saying is I will be getting paid less to do the same amount of someone else who is getting paid more? Off to an employment lawyer methinks.
You need to get your head around this.
There is NO payment for D2D now.
Full-time,part-time the payment is the same.....feck all.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by POSTMAN »

Wiggins79 wrote:So basically, what you are saying is I will be getting paid less to do the same amount of someone else who is getting paid more? Off to an employment lawyer methinks.
Save your money,it's not a 'D2D supplement',it's a 'delivery supplement' based on hrs worked.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by Wiggins79 »

Yes- but there is a pro-rata supplement. Every pro-rata bonus is supposed to factor in an individuals average OT if they don't have a full-time contract so they get a fair payment. Obviously, as this is a weekly payment it won't be the case as I imagine it would be just too much for hassle/ work for they pay dept. who like to get home early on a Friday to enjoy their weekend. This system has been totally designed to shaft anyone who isn't on 40 hrs. A young lad in my office has been on a round with over 100 drops more than the people on 40hrs, but he has been put on a 30hr contract. This has been the case for the last 3 yrs with full union acceptance. Up till now, he hasn't minded as whatever OT he puts in, the manager accepts it without question as they know they are screwing him over. Now though, under the wonderful pro-rata supplement agreement, even though he does a far larger round with more drops, he will get paid a fraction of what someone else who does less work/ drops. Is that fair?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by fishtank »

Wiggins79 wrote:Yes- but there is a pro-rata supplement. Every pro-rata bonus is supposed to factor in an individuals average OT if they don't have a full-time contract so they get a fair payment. Obviously, as this is a weekly payment it won't be the case as I imagine it would be just too much for hassle/ work for they pay dept. who like to get home early on a Friday to enjoy their weekend. This system has been totally designed to shaft anyone who isn't on 40 hrs. A young lad in my office has been on a round with over 100 drops more than the people on 40hrs, but he has been put on a 30hr contract. This has been the case for the last 3 yrs with full union acceptance. Up till now, he hasn't minded as whatever OT he puts in, the manager accepts it without question as they know they are screwing him over. Now though, under the wonderful pro-rata supplement agreement, even though he does a far larger round with more drops, he will get paid a fraction of what someone else who does less work/ drops. Is that fair?
21 CATEGORY A: If Carried 24 and 26 Falls
This Conference agrees that there is now an urgent need to address ourselves to the issue of pay and conditions for part time members in Royal Mail.
For too long the pro-rata argument has been used by Royal Mail as an excuse to exploit part time workers in Royal Mail. Conference notes that this is not the
position in all Royal Mail Group Businesses and in Post Office Limited for instance, part time employees broadly speaking get bonus and annual leave commensurate
with the average of hours worked in a reference period.

Conference therefore agrees that the principle of applying bonus and annual leave payments etc being based on average hours worked will now be the policy of the
CWU and must be factored into any further talks with Royal Mail on pay and reward.
The Postal Executive is instructed accordingly.
Western Counties


Branch Voted For
Carried
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?

Post by Wiggins79 »

Is this recent Fishtank? Has it already happened- and is it going to implemented into the delivery supplement issue? Or is it something that has only just occurred to the Union now that the horse has bolted, so to speak? Please note, I'm not getting narky with anyone on here as you are simply trying to answer my questions!