ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
summer lapsing
-
lewesspudgun
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 24 May 2010, 21:10
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing
Summer lapsing is here to stay. Do the job properly,have a 40 minuet break before you go out on delivery,and do not tear arse about. If you have time after finishing your delivery do the lapsing, but please dont go over your hours, this just encourages them.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: summer lapsing
I asked my rep about this the other week, and when we were going to be getting it, and his response is "We ain't having it in - it is part of the 2007 P&M agreement.....2010 and Beyond makes no mention of lapsing, or flexibility and it supercedes all previous agreements" Now, my head doesn't button up at the back, so I understand that the DOM will fight it, and my rep might conceed it in negotiations.....but I also know, he isn't a soft touch & he won't sell lapsing for a cheap deal - and IMHO that is precisely the stance all reps should be taking, especially if DOMs are rushing all the stuff they want, but are dragging their feet on what little we want ( ie: 1 in 4 Sats )judith wrote:At wtl today we were told that summer lapsing was starting this week 2 weeks earlier than they should,he stated this was national and had been agreed with the union as our rep seems to have vanished can any one let us know if this is true
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
steven100
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing
Lapsing is a abuse of RM having lack of spare bodies to cover walks. Even when the walks are busy, lapsing is on, WHY??? then they give the usual tosh, mail is down. Couple of times last week ended up sending back all my large packets. Wonder if they've been cleared yet!!!! 
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: summer lapsing
I make a stand, as do some of my fellow posties in my section and we are still relatively new. I think I posted earlier in this thread regarding us raising concerns. If I am not happy about something then I make myself heard! If its a fellow postie, lino or DOM. I can take a lot of crap, 90% of the time I dont mind my job and get on with it quietly. But that 10%, usually when I feel that certain sections of the workforce are not being treated equally with others within the delivery office, is when I start making noise!MoNkEyBoY wrote:Patrick this is the exact reason R/M hate us old timers in your words,because we are prepared to make a stand against R/M unlike a handful of early service posties.
We are not work shy *unts we are just workers who expect R/M to adhere to agreements and if we feel strongly enough about an issue we are prepared to make a stand.
Im far from work shy i may be a *unt but thats another story.
Dont worry in my office its only F/T that lapse is that fair nope.
Lapsing isnt fair full stop its a joke,penny pinching,slave labour before lapsing R/M used to take on summer staff, now theres no need i fecking hate lapsing
Correct, not all of them are and I stated this in one of my posts. I disagree with your claim that the old timers will be the ones that challenge the management, I have challeneged both my line manager and the DOM regarding issues. As for the 'Old Timers' looking out for the newbies, we obviously have very different 'old timers' between offices. Im sorry, but my 'old timers' look after nobody but themselves. They don't give the time of day to anyone but their own.ashadd wrote:Not all " old timers " are " workshy c****s " I agree you will get some in every office, but i would imagine the majority will not let the management bully and intimidate them, and why should they? Its the old timers that will challenge the doms and its the "old timers" that look out for bullying and intimidation of the the new starters .Not many posties in general know RM proceedures, but some like me , have learned loads on this site and know what management can do and cant do , and what they can get away with.So of course people like you see, see people like me being left alone and jump to the wrong conclusion.And no, i am NOT a workshy c****t, i just stand up for myself...........
Its got nothing to do with the management leaving others alone. When there is work to be done, it should be done fairly! Certain sections should not be excluded.