ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PHG's
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG's
There's still 2 storm,well you know why,and it wont/can't change for obvious reasons.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: PHG's
Glad you are happy in your work but everyone is different.Blade Runner wrote:Don’t see what all the fuss is about; have been doing the late shift locker duty for the last 10 years. In the 40 years I have been with Royal Mail it’s easiest job I’ve ever had.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: PHG's
The rep says there's no choice, as a reserve it's like it or lump it basically. That's why I thought I'd ask on here, it just seems wrong to be forced to something that you really don't want to do. I joined up to deliver mail. As I said, I'll have to see what happens.POSTMAN wrote: Best to see your rep as soon as you can if you're that worried.
Our PHG's have it s**t easy and i would personally jump at the chance at my place,it's better than walking the streets.
Last edited by Timelord on 21 May 2010, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: PHG's
That's one of the things I'm wouldn't like....at all.Aprilaydee wrote: It's one thing I complained about many times- being left completely alone in the D.O. The colls drivers kept leaving the door open (which you couldn't see from the inside hatch) and then I'd be locking up on my own, in the dark and I really didn't like it.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG's
1st there has to be 2 to lock up,no questions.
And Timelord,as you are bottom then yes within reason you have no choice.
Is it really that bad there?
And Timelord,as you are bottom then yes within reason you have no choice.
Is it really that bad there?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: PHG's
Never had 2 people lock up at our placePOSTMAN wrote:1st there has to be 2 to lock up,no questions.
And Timelord,as you are bottom then yes within reason you have no choice.
Is it really that bad there?
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG's
H&S Storm,only 1 doing it is very dodgy.Stormproof wrote:Never had 2 people lock up at our placePOSTMAN wrote:1st there has to be 2 to lock up,no questions.
And Timelord,as you are bottom then yes within reason you have no choice.
Is it really that bad there?I used to hate having to walk through the town at 8pm in the winter, lots of weirdos about.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: PHG's
Only ever been 1 to lock up in my officeStormproof wrote:Never had 2 people lock up at our placePOSTMAN wrote:1st there has to be 2 to lock up,no questions.
And Timelord,as you are bottom then yes within reason you have no choice.
Is it really that bad there?I used to hate having to walk through the town at 8pm in the winter, lots of weirdos about.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: PHG's
Oh, and I had some abusive guy in the office who I refused to serve, ended up calling the Police, making a statement at the Police station in my own time. He got fined £185 (nice little earner for the courts there!!).
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: PHG's
There's only ever been one person locking up at night here.POSTMAN wrote:1st there has to be 2 to lock up,no questions.
And Timelord,as you are bottom then yes within reason you have no choice.
Is it really that bad there?
By bad if you mean the area? if so, no, not too bad I just don't want that responsibility.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
DP3
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 05 Apr 2010, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG's
Think smart if they pursue this with you.
Locker duties involve customer contact with callers every time there is a query inform customer that you will get the D.O.M.
He/She will soon get the message
Ignore phones and let them ring off the hook
Take your time dealing with customers (be methodical) a que will soon build up then ask for assistance from D.O.M.
Take your breaks at busy periods
Inform D.O.M. you have a weak bladder and need cover when you need to go.
Inform D.O.M that your religeous beliefs require you to Pray and that you need a facility to do so
i bet you won't be in the locker very long as D.O.M. will not be able to cope and will look for someone else
good luck hope this helps
Locker duties involve customer contact with callers every time there is a query inform customer that you will get the D.O.M.
He/She will soon get the message
Ignore phones and let them ring off the hook
Take your time dealing with customers (be methodical) a que will soon build up then ask for assistance from D.O.M.
Take your breaks at busy periods
Inform D.O.M. you have a weak bladder and need cover when you need to go.
Inform D.O.M that your religeous beliefs require you to Pray and that you need a facility to do so
i bet you won't be in the locker very long as D.O.M. will not be able to cope and will look for someone else
good luck hope this helps
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: PHG's
I think it's wrong that only one person locks up, also it seems wrong to me to be in the office totally alone all afternoon until 7pm but that's how it's always been here, so I think I'd have a fight on my hands if I wanted to persue the health and safety issue, the union rep sees no problem with it. But if there was some kind of 'rule book' that states there should be 2 to lock up then I'd certainly go up that avenue.alhothi wrote:Health and safety there must be 2 people to lock up if you are having problems notify your rep or safety officer, its your safety so look after it no one else will bother
Thanks for your comments DP3, unfortunately as it's the late shift the D.O.M will have gone home by the time I'm left alone.
Thanks everyone for your comments, I'll have to see how things pan out and hope that I don't have to go in there, but I think I will at some point soon.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: PHG's
I never liked locking up on my own and mentioned it to the DOM several times saying that I shouldn't be there on my own. What if someone approached me?!
I don't like to play on my sex, but I am female and I did feel vulnerable when locking up at night, in the winter, when it was dark. Especially as I knew there was no CCTV in the car park. I used to think about how I could use the keys as a weapon and where I could run to. Unfortunately, there wasn't anywhere nearby TO run to either
I don't like to play on my sex, but I am female and I did feel vulnerable when locking up at night, in the winter, when it was dark. Especially as I knew there was no CCTV in the car park. I used to think about how I could use the keys as a weapon and where I could run to. Unfortunately, there wasn't anywhere nearby TO run to either
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: PHG's
I actually didn't think about locking up on my own over xmas, but the noises the old building made didn't have spook me at times. In saying that we have lorries trundling up and down all the time too, so if anything was amiss then surely they would have seen something, but it's a risk you shouldn't really need to take