ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
whitemoor66
Posts: 138
Joined: 08 May 2009, 23:50
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by whitemoor66 »

Pegman wrote:I hate it when they look at a parcel or a packet and say "I wonder what that is " FFS YOU ORDERED IT !!!!!!!!
What if it's lightbulbs?
shadow
Posts: 494
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
Gender: Female

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by shadow »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:
waitaminute wrote:huge breasted beautiful women annoy me when they ask me for no strings uncomplicated sex. I am a married man
Is this before you wake up and have your cornflakes :chuckle :chuckle
Yeah cause he aint getting his oats.
waitaminute
Posts: 50
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 17:45
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by waitaminute »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:
waitaminute wrote:huge breasted beautiful women annoy me when they ask me for no strings uncomplicated sex. I am a married man
Is this before you wake up and have your cornflakes :chuckle :chuckle
NO time for cornflakes I can only manage mini corn flakes
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by DGP1 »

waitaminute wrote:
disgruntledpostie1 wrote:
waitaminute wrote:huge breasted beautiful women annoy me when they ask me for no strings uncomplicated sex. I am a married man
Is this before you wake up and have your cornflakes :chuckle :chuckle
NO time for cornflakes I can only manage mini corn flakes
You only manage a mini one :shock:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by Pat Ostman »

waitaminute wrote:huge breasted beautiful women annoy me when they ask me for no strings uncomplicated sex. I am a married man
It's the fact they don't ask me I find more annoying :pray
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
thecoffeehouse204
Posts: 30
Joined: 06 Oct 2009, 17:56
Gender: Female

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by thecoffeehouse204 »

On Saturday my hubby had to resist swearing at the bloke who pulled up next to him in a massive 4 x 4 and asked 'can you just pop that in the postbox mate' bearing in mind they were 200yds across the road from the said postbox, it was an incredibly busy day and getting on for 1.30pm (supposed to finish at 12), and OH still had an obvious bag full and a big bundle in one hand! Then when my hubby told him 'sorry mate i'm a bit busy' the guy then let out a stream of swear words at him then drove off!!!
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by hampshireman »

norfolk n chance wrote:i esp like it when they say "your late today..couldn't you get up" AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :arrrghhh

I always cover for one particular walk. It's a village. Mostly named houses; very difficult to prep until you really know it .. etc etc.

First time I did it (with one days training). Get to the second house and the lady owner comes out and says ' your late'. Me being me explains that ;

1. It's the first time I've done this walk

2. The regular postie starts at 04:00 , whilst I start at 06:00; so he gets out two hours before me.

Her wonderful reply.. ' What, are you too lazy to get up early'

I'm a very calm person , so just gave her the 'thousand yard stare' and left.

Paul
si239
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 19:46
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by si239 »

asking local residents directions when your on a new duty and they dont have a clue!!! :arrrghhh

also when you mis deliver and they walk past the house its meant for and give it you back!!! :arrrghhh
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by smokerjim »

si239 wrote:asking local residents directions when your on a new duty and they dont have a clue!!! :arrrghhh

also when you mis deliver and they walk past the house its meant for and give it you back!!! :arrrghhh
Had my long weekend last week, when I was out on Tuesday, at a terrace I deliver to, there was a slightly damp mis-delivered letter in an open porch waiting for me.......for the next door neighbour FFS!!! :arrrghhh :evil/mad :arrrghhh :evil/mad
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
muckyboots
Posts: 82
Joined: 11 Sep 2009, 19:53
Gender: Female

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by muckyboots »

smokerjim wrote:
Had my long weekend last week, when I was out on Tuesday, at a terrace I deliver to, there was a slightly damp mis-delivered letter in an open porch waiting for me.......for the next door neighbour FFS!!! :arrrghhh :evil/mad :arrrghhh :evil/mad
a while back I misdelivered and never realised until the next day I walked up the path and saw this misdelivered letter slotted in the window frame, on the inside. I thought whoops and opened the porch door to retrieve it and ... it was locked! the dirty b'stard only put it there to prove a point, thought it was more worthwhile than just skipping next door to deliver it!!! :d'oh!
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by goldy »

when millionaire gives you a pound tip after having a bag of mail a day ,id rather not have it .
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by goldy »

thecoffeehouse204 wrote:On Saturday my hubby had to resist swearing at the bloke who pulled up next to him in a massive 4 x 4 and asked 'can you just pop that in the postbox mate' bearing in mind they were 200yds across the road from the said postbox, it was an incredibly busy day and getting on for 1.30pm (supposed to finish at 12), and OH still had an obvious bag full and a big bundle in one hand! Then when my hubby told him 'sorry mate i'm a bit busy' the guy then let out a stream of swear words at him then drove off!!!

you should have said, ok and when do want me to come wipe your a**e
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by music4essex »

On saturday I was trying to stay on my feet walking along a pavement pushing my bike with a bag ful on the front and this lady in her car in a garage wound the window down and shouted , can you tell me how much first class and second class stamp is , :arrrghhh I felt like saying FFS get out of the car and go in and ask the petrol garag. I am sure they sell them :crazy:

Essex mum
Hanna
Posts: 9
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 15:58
Gender: Female

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by Hanna »

When someone shouts me back to say 'is there anything for us?' I've already walked past their house so it's obvious there isn't :arrrghhh
lr73
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 Jun 2010, 17:58
Gender: Female

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by lr73 »

When folk think your their personal sat nav - dont live in the area just deliver there. Only need to know the streets that I deliver to then im out of there. They seem to think I should know the whole area including the local football pitches for their son's football training.... :arrrghhh