janitor wrote:But why if we don't give them ammo they will just make it up.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:PLEASE DON'T FORGET WE HAVE NATIONAL PRESS AND JOURNALISTS LURKING ON HERE SO PLEASE TRY TO USE INOFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WHEN DISCUSSING THE PUBLIC - WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM MORE AMMO - THEY HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY
Yes CAPS LOCK are on - on purpose.![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Pegman
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Deep South
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
5:30 pm this evening I'm emptying a box.
Customer comes running up "Oh heck I nearly missed you"
Me "It's Ok there another collection at 6:30pm"
Customer " But I wont be here then"
Customer comes running up "Oh heck I nearly missed you"
Me "It's Ok there another collection at 6:30pm"
Customer " But I wont be here then"
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
100% United, 100% Unofficial
100% United, 100% Unofficial
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
mailman337 wrote:Its the peak of xmas pressure, you're slaving away at a crammed tso box, mr or mrs public comes up: "Are you emptying the box??"![]()
Its the peak of xmas pressure, you're slaving away at a crammed tso box, mr or mrs public comes up: "Are you getting busy now ??"![]()
![]()
![]()
as they say in the Army, WAHHHHHHH !
a nice style of sarcasm
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Pegman
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Deep South
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I hate it when they look at a parcel or a packet and say "I wonder what that is " FFS YOU ORDERED IT !!!!!!!!
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
100% United, 100% Unofficial
100% United, 100% Unofficial
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I hate it when invite you in give you a cup of tea and then take you to bed................there does seem to be a lot more bored house husbands these days

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Aww my perfect thread lol:
1) The ones who stop you in the street asking if they have any mail. You rummage through the back of your bag and hand them it only to have them tell you to 'just put that through the letterbox son '
2) 'If it's bills i'm not wanting them', 'if it's bills you can keep them', 'i hope it's a nice fat cheque'
3) Postman Pat!
4) You're late today!
5) I don't know if you're normally on this run (No I'm only here today)......Okay well like i say i don't know if you're normally on this run but.....
6) No packets for me? (No, not today). Really, I'm expecting one today? (Sorry I didn't realise you controlled delivery times)
7) 'Nothing for me today??' (nah I'm just walking past your house for fun)
8) 'Anything for me today son?' (What's the address?), 'Hopkins', (no the address?), '54', (nearly there, now what street and letter?)
1) The ones who stop you in the street asking if they have any mail. You rummage through the back of your bag and hand them it only to have them tell you to 'just put that through the letterbox son '
2) 'If it's bills i'm not wanting them', 'if it's bills you can keep them', 'i hope it's a nice fat cheque'
3) Postman Pat!
4) You're late today!
5) I don't know if you're normally on this run (No I'm only here today)......Okay well like i say i don't know if you're normally on this run but.....
6) No packets for me? (No, not today). Really, I'm expecting one today? (Sorry I didn't realise you controlled delivery times)
7) 'Nothing for me today??' (nah I'm just walking past your house for fun)
8) 'Anything for me today son?' (What's the address?), 'Hopkins', (no the address?), '54', (nearly there, now what street and letter?)
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I hate it when invite you in give you a cup of tea and then take you to bed................there does seem to be a lot more bored house husbands these days![]()
![]()
![]()
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
stokes11eg wrote:disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I hate it when invite you in give you a cup of tea and then take you to bed................there does seem to be a lot more bored house husbands these days![]()
![]()
![]()
That your imagination runnung riot again disgruntled? With your reputation, the poor customers will be chasing you of the premises, not inviting you in.1
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
When a customer runs up to the door of the callers office which shut 40 odd minutes ago and you have just walked out the gate to go home whats the first thing they say
When did this shut early,when did that happen oh about 18 months ago,but it does not say it any where yes it does on the card,where,there under opening times.
Before you know it you'vee been out there 20 minutes trying to explain why its been done
When did this shut early,when did that happen oh about 18 months ago,but it does not say it any where yes it does on the card,where,there under opening times.
Before you know it you'vee been out there 20 minutes trying to explain why its been done
-
uprising95
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 30 Aug 2008, 12:44
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
i think the worst for me is when you knock on the door with a parcel
they dont come to the door until you have filled and posted the p739 card
then they come to the door..
.
people who get alot of mail with a 3 inch wide letter box 1 inch high.
people who are never in and order loads of packets. then have them re delivered after they have been advised to find there still not in.
any bills you can take them back but then they would complain if they didn't get it
your late
it wont bite is a good one to
they dont come to the door until you have filled and posted the p739 card
then they come to the door..
people who get alot of mail with a 3 inch wide letter box 1 inch high.
people who are never in and order loads of packets. then have them re delivered after they have been advised to find there still not in.
any bills you can take them back but then they would complain if they didn't get it
your late
it wont bite is a good one to
Heavy Bags Or What
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
How about customers who let me clean their porches?
A street i deliver to has substantial wooden porches. (not like new builds with none)
Now if the tallest person in a house is say 5ft 7" then
webs and dust tend to build up above that height and don't get disturbed.
I am 6ft 1" so after about 20 doors my head feels like a cobweb brush.
A street i deliver to has substantial wooden porches. (not like new builds with none)
Now if the tallest person in a house is say 5ft 7" then
webs and dust tend to build up above that height and don't get disturbed.
I am 6ft 1" so after about 20 doors my head feels like a cobweb brush.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
pondhopper
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 06:46
- Gender: Male
- Location: Surrey
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I get the same question each day on my delivery, when I'm at the local post office getting my next bag to put on my bike. People come up to me and ask me "Are you collecting mail from the letter box?"
I politely tell them "Sorry but I only deliver the mail, I don't collect it." Sometimes the response has been.... "well you're a postman aren't you?" "Yes Madam I am, but I deliver mail I DON'T COLLECT IT. It's somewhat hard to deliver and collect on a bike and there are at least 12 mailboxes in this area. How do you think I can get all that mail on a bike?"
This flies over some of their heads and they still expect me to take their letters too.
I also get the question "When do they collect it then?" I tell them to look on the letter box at the times listed. To which they reply... "Is it on there then?" "Yes madam... it's there in black and white" (says me....pointing at it).
I've even been asked "Where is he he then?" "Don't know madam.... maybe he's on his way now from that letterbox you passed down the road where he's collecting right now!".... (knowing full well they pass one to get to the post office I'm at.)
I do sometimes take mail for some O.A.P's... (but only if it's a local delivery though) as a lot of them send birthday cards from there and to help them, if it's in danger of getting there late, I take it and put it in the office when I get back so it will get to the person they sent it to the next day.... thereby getting them out of what could be the proverbial "poo" with their grandchildren.
I politely tell them "Sorry but I only deliver the mail, I don't collect it." Sometimes the response has been.... "well you're a postman aren't you?" "Yes Madam I am, but I deliver mail I DON'T COLLECT IT. It's somewhat hard to deliver and collect on a bike and there are at least 12 mailboxes in this area. How do you think I can get all that mail on a bike?"
This flies over some of their heads and they still expect me to take their letters too.
I also get the question "When do they collect it then?" I tell them to look on the letter box at the times listed. To which they reply... "Is it on there then?" "Yes madam... it's there in black and white" (says me....pointing at it).
I've even been asked "Where is he he then?" "Don't know madam.... maybe he's on his way now from that letterbox you passed down the road where he's collecting right now!".... (knowing full well they pass one to get to the post office I'm at.)
I do sometimes take mail for some O.A.P's... (but only if it's a local delivery though) as a lot of them send birthday cards from there and to help them, if it's in danger of getting there late, I take it and put it in the office when I get back so it will get to the person they sent it to the next day.... thereby getting them out of what could be the proverbial "poo" with their grandchildren.
-
Beforenineoclockgoodone
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 12:23
- Location: Cheshire
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Its the ones who pull up in front of you when you are about to pull away after collecting from a box, and knock on the van window waving their mail infront of you, I like the look on their faces when I drive off. Ha Ha ha 
Job & finish
-
waitaminute
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 17:45
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
huge breasted beautiful women annoy me when they ask me for no strings uncomplicated sex. I am a married man
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Is this before you wake up and have your cornflakeswaitaminute wrote:huge breasted beautiful women annoy me when they ask me for no strings uncomplicated sex. I am a married man
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio