How about go a google false equivalency and figure it out for yourself.milly wrote:How is it false equivalency please elaborate.Ren Hoëk wrote:milly wrote:I assume that the people opposed to seniority would have no problem if someone jumped the queue in a shop,Pub or Taxi rank.
Without Seniority the most sycophantic or most domineering would then prevail at the expense of the hardest workers.False equivalency. Try again.I assume that the people opposed to seniority would have no problem if someone jumped the queue in a shop,Pub or Taxi rank.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Seniority is a Joke
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Seniority is a Joke
-
milly
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 09:43
Seniority is a Joke
I am well aware what false equivalency means, please elaborate on how my thoughts on seniority are a false equivalency.Ren Hoëk wrote:How about go a google false equivalency and figure it out for yourself.milly wrote:How is it false equivalency please elaborate.Ren Hoëk wrote:milly wrote:I assume that the people opposed to seniority would have no problem if someone jumped the queue in a shop,Pub or Taxi rank.
Without Seniority the most sycophantic or most domineering would then prevail at the expense of the hardest workers.False equivalency. Try again.I assume that the people opposed to seniority would have no problem if someone jumped the queue in a shop,Pub or Taxi rank.
Queuing and Seniority are both systems where you wait your turn so I am at a loss to understand why you would think this is a false equivalency.
I eagerly look forward to a well thought out and reasoned rebuttal.
Last edited by milly on 26 Mar 2019, 11:34, edited 2 times in total.
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Seniority is a Joke
I don’t think you understand the concept the posties with the longest service have also done their time at the bottom so they have been treated the same as everyone else so how does it favour themcpsteve wrote:Not true it always favours posties with the longest service.Driver74 wrote:It’s always been a fair system that favours nobody I remember when I started it got you a lot more than it does today but I can’t remember anyone complaining then,it seems like that has changed now and the new staff don’t think they should have to get the years in first
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Seniority is a Joke
Right. Whilst you are correct that they are both forms of waiting the difference is the item/thing you are waiting for and as such creates a false equivalency. One is a taxi. It doesn't matter how long you have had to walk to get to it, how hard you have had to work to pay for it. It doesn't matter how far you are willing to go. It doesn't matter if you know the way. It doesn't matter if you are in more of a rush than the next person. It doesn't matter that you may have a limp and the next person doesn't. It's the same ride for everyone. Everyone pays the same rate and if the taxi driver wants to pick who they want to take then that would totally be up to them.milly wrote:I am well aware what false equivalency means, please elaborate on how my thoughts on seniority are a false equivalency.Ren Hoëk wrote:How about go a google false equivalency and figure it out for yourself.milly wrote:How is it false equivalency please elaborate.Ren Hoëk wrote:milly wrote:I assume that the people opposed to seniority would have no problem if someone jumped the queue in a shop,Pub or Taxi rank.
Without Seniority the most sycophantic or most domineering would then prevail at the expense of the hardest workers.False equivalency. Try again.I assume that the people opposed to seniority would have no problem if someone jumped the queue in a shop,Pub or Taxi rank.
Queuing and Seniority are both systems where you wait your turn so I am at a loss to understand why you would think this is a false equivalency.
I eagerly look forward to a well thought out and reasoned rebuttal.
Whilst employment has many nuances that can and depending on where you stand in this thread should be taken into consideration when a manager is resourcing THERE office. It is a businesses prerogative to do so if it so pleases. This may come as a surprise to you but business is not a democracy. Plus, for many people, depending on when and where they joined the businesses and plan on leaving the businesses seniority will do nothing for them. It is not a matter of just waiting your turn.
Not that any of this should matter because all walks are equally and we all get equally sent to other offices...
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Seniority is a Joke
It is a businesses prerogative to do so if it so pleases.
So you'll accept the fact that it's the business's prerogative whether it uses seniority or not?
It is after all as you point out.....not a democracy.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Seniority is a Joke
Are we having indicative votes?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Seniority is a Joke
Iv already mentioned in other post's in this very thread that I don't really have an issue with seniority. Do keep up.Woody Guthrie wrote:It is a businesses prerogative to do so if it so pleases.
So you'll accept the fact that it's the business's prerogative whether it uses seniority or not?
It is after all as you point out.....not a democracy.