ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LAT product
-
Wild Rover
- Posts: 614
- Joined: 03 Aug 2007, 17:41
- Location: Jockistan
LAT product
Right now LAT is the only profitable part of the business. Told to me by a RM logistics & Strategy manage. It's here to stay folks.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
LAT product
I very much doubt that is the case. Take most things RM upper management tell you with a hefty pinch of salt.Wild Rover wrote:Right now LAT is the only profitable part of the business. Told to me by a RM logistics & Strategy manage. It's here to stay folks.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
LAT product
The probably meant parcels not specifically LAT productsWild Rover wrote:Right now LAT is the only profitable part of the business. Told to me by a RM logistics & Strategy manage. It's here to stay folks.
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
LAT product
how you get on? Your area seems tiny compared to the one our LAT guy covers, can easy do over 100 miles, with the furthest point over an hour away! He’s on the edge of giving it all up I think, weird because the guy covering his day off has already given it up..Anonymous100 wrote:Hi,
I’ve been reading through a lot of the comments and it’s interesting to see how this alAT product is being run across the country.
I’m doing this in my office and at first when I was first asked about doing it I was told I’d get 5hours added to my contract which at the time was 25hr contracts so this put me up to 30hours and I was told however many that came in once I delivered them then I could go home.
So when it started in July, I’m not lying we were getting 1-3 parcels a day on this LAT thing and suddenly the goal posts moved and managers were giving us tracked packets which didn’t go out, they were giving us loops off walks which never went out we were basically mop up in the office and treated like a dogs body in my opinion.
That’s not what I signed up too, and although with new businesses coming on board in September/October we should see the LAT numbers increase each day unless the managers in my office decide to stop treating us like mop up. I’ve already been told by the union in my office I can give the hours straight back.
I’m giving it one more week as I have asked for a meeting with the union and the Dom to see if we can change this, and if they won’t budge then I’m not doing it anymore.
I’m not mucking about, the managers grab a York, walk round the whole office with you and chuck into your York anything which hasn’t gone out, it’s taking the piss.
I do think it’s a shame because I agree with some of the comments it’s a product which I believe has the potential to be really good for Royal because ‘most’ people they are impulse buyers and when they decide they want something they don’t want to wait long for it, so if we can get those items to people same day or next day and do it really well, suddenly Royal Mail will have a new revenue stream coming in.
I will keep you all posted what happens next week, but in our office all the other guys who are doing this with me, they also want to give it up as well because managers are just using this time for mop up and to cover up how much each office is failing and not hitting there performance targets.
I personally want to get it sooner, because with Christmas coming in a few months I have no interest doing loads of LAT tracked packets and them try give me loops or packets from other areas.
Regardless if we get 10 a day or 20 or 30, the managers in my office won’t say what that magic number is when we don’t have to take any loops or tracked with it.
The area I cover is about 8 towns it’s a huge area and when I did it recently I had one packet in each town which were about 5-6 miles apart which doesn’t sound like very far but when I start this after I finish my duty after 2-3pm, I get stuck in traffic and it’s not as simple as they think.
Then where they give us loops and tracked packets you can’t just focus on your LAT because you know if you don’t clear the loops or the 20-30 tracked they have given you as well if they failed and you was unable to deliver them you would get a bollocking the following day.
So for me they are putting us under too much pressure, they are putting too much work on us and they have moved the goalposts from what this was originally meant to be and I think by the end of next week some of us are going to give this up because it’s a load of s**t to be honest in my office.
-
Anonymous100
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 18:47
- Gender: Male
LAT product
Yeah, I would say the area we cover from my office to the furthest point is 10-15 miles.
What’s difficult about my office is some of it takes us near the M25 so we can get caught up in traffic around there if there has been an accident.
But overal the area we are covering I don’t think is too bad because like you say it’s not 100miles like your friends.
We have a meeting on Monday with the Dom and the rep to discuss how we are all getting on and the changes we want to make. I personally think with Christmas not far away this lat thing should be made into an actual duty in our office.
Whether they do it or not though is another thing all together.
I can understand why managers are finding us extra work when they are paying us till 7, they are not going to want to part fail a walk if there is someone still getting paid till 7pm
They don’t want us sitting around or going home and still getting paid, I’m just annoyed because at first we all agreed that once we finished our lat packets we was told we could go home.
So now to do peoples cut offs and driving round doing tracked which haven’t gone out on delivery it just makes me feel like some sort of mop up boy haha.
And that’s not what the lat shift was designed for, and I think that’s what pisses me off.
I would happily drive round and do tracked all over my office because originally I signed up do packets, whether it’s tracked or it’s lat products it doesn’t matter to me.
My issue is doing 3/4 loops as well because come that time I feel absolutely knackered and don’t fancy doing half a walk again.
What’s difficult about my office is some of it takes us near the M25 so we can get caught up in traffic around there if there has been an accident.
But overal the area we are covering I don’t think is too bad because like you say it’s not 100miles like your friends.
We have a meeting on Monday with the Dom and the rep to discuss how we are all getting on and the changes we want to make. I personally think with Christmas not far away this lat thing should be made into an actual duty in our office.
Whether they do it or not though is another thing all together.
I can understand why managers are finding us extra work when they are paying us till 7, they are not going to want to part fail a walk if there is someone still getting paid till 7pm
They don’t want us sitting around or going home and still getting paid, I’m just annoyed because at first we all agreed that once we finished our lat packets we was told we could go home.
So now to do peoples cut offs and driving round doing tracked which haven’t gone out on delivery it just makes me feel like some sort of mop up boy haha.
And that’s not what the lat shift was designed for, and I think that’s what pisses me off.
I would happily drive round and do tracked all over my office because originally I signed up do packets, whether it’s tracked or it’s lat products it doesn’t matter to me.
My issue is doing 3/4 loops as well because come that time I feel absolutely knackered and don’t fancy doing half a walk again.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12197
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
LAT product
Would it be viable for the LAT staff to attempt any "docket left" specials or would that only be viable if each DO had its own LAT duty?
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
LAT product
As an office dogsbody?SpacePhoenix wrote:Would it be viable for the LAT staff to attempt any "docket left" specials or would that only be viable if each DO had its own LAT duty?
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
LAT product
If he's working until 8pm is it not about £22 shift allowance per week.SpacePhoenix wrote:If they're closing and locking up the office, shouldn't they get some sort of allowance for that?Smir wrote:in my DO someone has signed for the LAT24 its a 30 hour position mon-sat, saturday the office closes about 2-2.30 the guy does 2-8 he doesn't seem to get any shift allowance either
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
LAT product
My hours are 12 - 8 on the LAT. No shift allowance for me.Navalron wrote:If he's working until 8pm is it not about £22 shift allowance per week.SpacePhoenix wrote:If they're closing and locking up the office, shouldn't they get some sort of allowance for that?Smir wrote:in my DO someone has signed for the LAT24 its a 30 hour position mon-sat, saturday the office closes about 2-2.30 the guy does 2-8 he doesn't seem to get any shift allowance either
I like the other person am put on different walks everyday and then have to do the LAT. Last week I was nearly an hour over each day. Managers seem to live in some sort of bubble regarding traffic on the road. It took me an hour and a half just to deliver my first 2 LAT the other day let alone the rest of them.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
LAT product
youre paid by the hour, not by the package delivered, this works for both sides, if theres not enough work giving you some tracked is fine IMO. When you have enough LAT then you shouldnt be given more to do.Anonymous100 wrote:Hi,
I’ve been reading through a lot of the comments and it’s interesting to see how this alAT product is being run across the country.
I’m doing this in my office and at first when I was first asked about doing it I was told I’d get 5hours added to my contract which at the time was 25hr contracts so this put me up to 30hours and I was told however many that came in once I delivered them then I could go home.
So when it started in July, I’m not lying we were getting 1-3 parcels a day on this LAT thing and suddenly the goal posts moved and managers were giving us tracked packets which didn’t go out, they were giving us loops off walks which never went out we were basically mop up in the office and treated like a dogs body in my opinion.
That’s not what I signed up too, and although with new businesses coming on board in September/October we should see the LAT numbers increase each day unless the managers in my office decide to stop treating us like mop up. I’ve already been told by the union in my office I can give the hours straight back.
I’m giving it one more week as I have asked for a meeting with the union and the Dom to see if we can change this, and if they won’t budge then I’m not doing it anymore.
I’m not mucking about, the managers grab a York, walk round the whole office with you and chuck into your York anything which hasn’t gone out, it’s taking the piss.
I do think it’s a shame because I agree with some of the comments it’s a product which I believe has the potential to be really good for Royal because ‘most’ people they are impulse buyers and when they decide they want something they don’t want to wait long for it, so if we can get those items to people same day or next day and do it really well, suddenly Royal Mail will have a new revenue stream coming in.
I will keep you all posted what happens next week, but in our office all the other guys who are doing this with me, they also want to give it up as well because managers are just using this time for mop up and to cover up how much each office is failing and not hitting there performance targets.
I personally want to get it sooner, because with Christmas coming in a few months I have no interest doing loads of LAT tracked packets and them try give me loops or packets from other areas.
Regardless if we get 10 a day or 20 or 30, the managers in my office won’t say what that magic number is when we don’t have to take any loops or tracked with it.
The area I cover is about 8 towns it’s a huge area and when I did it recently I had one packet in each town which were about 5-6 miles apart which doesn’t sound like very far but when I start this after I finish my duty after 2-3pm, I get stuck in traffic and it’s not as simple as they think.
Then where they give us loops and tracked packets you can’t just focus on your LAT because you know if you don’t clear the loops or the 20-30 tracked they have given you as well if they failed and you was unable to deliver them you would get a bollocking the following day.
So for me they are putting us under too much pressure, they are putting too much work on us and they have moved the goalposts from what this was originally meant to be and I think by the end of next week some of us are going to give this up because it’s a load of s**t to be honest in my office.
-
Tristral
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 20 May 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
LAT product
There lies part of the problem just now. No manager can tell me accurately how many parcels will need to go out on LAT. Then they try to find odd jobs to clear an office of stuff left behind assuming/hoping that LAT is quiet or you go over and don't say anything in the hope of a quiet day later where you don't get shitey extra jobs.Postie45 wrote:youre paid by the hour, not by the package delivered, this works for both sides, if theres not enough work giving you some tracked is fine IMO. When you have enough LAT then you shouldnt be given more to do.Anonymous100 wrote:Hi,
I’ve been reading through a lot of the comments and it’s interesting to see how this alAT product is being run across the country.
I’m doing this in my office and at first when I was first asked about doing it I was told I’d get 5hours added to my contract which at the time was 25hr contracts so this put me up to 30hours and I was told however many that came in once I delivered them then I could go home.
So when it started in July, I’m not lying we were getting 1-3 parcels a day on this LAT thing and suddenly the goal posts moved and managers were giving us tracked packets which didn’t go out, they were giving us loops off walks which never went out we were basically mop up in the office and treated like a dogs body in my opinion.
That’s not what I signed up too, and although with new businesses coming on board in September/October we should see the LAT numbers increase each day unless the managers in my office decide to stop treating us like mop up. I’ve already been told by the union in my office I can give the hours straight back.
I’m giving it one more week as I have asked for a meeting with the union and the Dom to see if we can change this, and if they won’t budge then I’m not doing it anymore.
I’m not mucking about, the managers grab a York, walk round the whole office with you and chuck into your York anything which hasn’t gone out, it’s taking the piss.
I do think it’s a shame because I agree with some of the comments it’s a product which I believe has the potential to be really good for Royal because ‘most’ people they are impulse buyers and when they decide they want something they don’t want to wait long for it, so if we can get those items to people same day or next day and do it really well, suddenly Royal Mail will have a new revenue stream coming in.
I will keep you all posted what happens next week, but in our office all the other guys who are doing this with me, they also want to give it up as well because managers are just using this time for mop up and to cover up how much each office is failing and not hitting there performance targets.
I personally want to get it sooner, because with Christmas coming in a few months I have no interest doing loads of LAT tracked packets and them try give me loops or packets from other areas.
Regardless if we get 10 a day or 20 or 30, the managers in my office won’t say what that magic number is when we don’t have to take any loops or tracked with it.
The area I cover is about 8 towns it’s a huge area and when I did it recently I had one packet in each town which were about 5-6 miles apart which doesn’t sound like very far but when I start this after I finish my duty after 2-3pm, I get stuck in traffic and it’s not as simple as they think.
Then where they give us loops and tracked packets you can’t just focus on your LAT because you know if you don’t clear the loops or the 20-30 tracked they have given you as well if they failed and you was unable to deliver them you would get a bollocking the following day.
So for me they are putting us under too much pressure, they are putting too much work on us and they have moved the goalposts from what this was originally meant to be and I think by the end of next week some of us are going to give this up because it’s a load of s**t to be honest in my office.
I've been lucky so far compared to some by look of it. I certainly wouldn't do this for overtime if they were adding loops off walks.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
LAT product
LAT = Office sweeper not the job they advertised on the leaflet they so carefully did not mention about being the dustbin carrier of the office doing the crap others cannot do especially managers!
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
LAT product
Had a new contract start today, New Look. Some cock up somewhere because they never turned up even though they were all on the manifest.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
LAT product
Been snowed under the past couple of days with LAT parcels. Looks like it's taking off now so hopefully other offices will be putting duties in soon.
Those on LAT duties how are you planning your routes? The PDAs are wiping the lists, the Sat nav is crap and the battery never lasts the shift.
Those on LAT duties how are you planning your routes? The PDAs are wiping the lists, the Sat nav is crap and the battery never lasts the shift.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Wornoutpostie
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
- Gender: Male
LAT product
Just had positions advertised in our office.
3 full time positions ,4 day weeks.
Can see these positions being used to mop up all the cut offs, failed parcels and deliver all the LAT products.
Got I deliver to 3 possibly 4 other towns in our area....
3 full time positions ,4 day weeks.
Can see these positions being used to mop up all the cut offs, failed parcels and deliver all the LAT products.
Got I deliver to 3 possibly 4 other towns in our area....