ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
pinkpaws
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 27 Aug 2018, 11:15
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
when I have to go to the same house every day and he answers in his budgie smugglers and the step is higher so his very small !!!@ is in my face every day!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Some people might see that has a positivepinkpaws wrote:when I have to go to the same house every day and he answers in his budgie smugglers and the step is higher so his very small !!!@ is in my face every day!
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The collection on my round is crazy now. There was 5 post offices now 3 have closed and one in nearby town has closed. So the two left are ridiculously busy. The queue is crazy coming out the shop and down the street and I have to try and squeeze past with dozens of bags. Plus parking there is a nightmare.
Be so easy for the competition to offer a collection/delivery service around here, people are pissed off queuing for ages.
Be so easy for the competition to offer a collection/delivery service around here, people are pissed off queuing for ages.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Them rods that drop down to hold a gate in place. What a ball ache! I never put them down again on my way out, but next day the owners have prepared them for a battle again when I arrive.
Them cheap tin outdoor boxes that slice your fingers when you put the mail in. One owner had a go the other day when he reckoned I should have knocked with a card larger than the box that I had bent to get in with the rest of the mail - they don't hold much and are never at the right height.
Them cheap tin outdoor boxes that slice your fingers when you put the mail in. One owner had a go the other day when he reckoned I should have knocked with a card larger than the box that I had bent to get in with the rest of the mail - they don't hold much and are never at the right height.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
customers that leave a note stuck to the front door saying
"please leave parcels in porch"
90% of the parcels need a signature
"please leave parcels in porch"
90% of the parcels need a signature
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The guy who orders numerous parcels but is never....ever... in!! The neighbours never take his parcels now, so I've already got my P739 already written out.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
I put notes through the peoples doors who have overgrown gardens saying things like "please trim the hedge etc" You would be surprised how many people actually take note and sort it out. I then put a note through saying "thanks" lol!MissKazzyB wrote:There's about 3 properties that all have a over grown garden.
So when I open the gate I have to brush past the bushes, flowers, branches or whatever is sticking out & it drives me nuts.
A man came out today from one of the properties & I really felt like asking him to sort his garden out as I'm fed up of walking into everything that sticks out.
As If all the cob webs that I walk through ain't enough already lol
Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
This is potentially a serious health & safety issue, if the cable is at mains voltage and switched on, if the metal edge of the letterbox cuts through the cable enough to contact the wiring, then the letterbox could become live.crimson king wrote: .... and have severed halfway through an electric cable that's threaded through a heavy metal letterbox that tries to take your fingers off at the best of times (it's running tree lights outside).
I once reported concern about this to a manager but nothing came of it.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Haha thanks for the compliment.crimson king wrote:I can't decide whether it's the usage of shovel or dig that just made me retch. Either way, beautifully descriptive verse there, Laggy.LaggyBand wrote:Especially when they start licking your short-wearing legs, when you know they’ve just spent the past hour using that same tongue as a shovel to dig into their own ****hole.Nikellie wrote:The people whose house smells like a geriatric dogs home.
Then they let the dirty, stinking, dribbling, flea ridden, ancient old hound, with halitosis, sniff around me whilst I'm trying to get the owner to sign for their parcel.
Yeeurgghh!!
I’ve said it to a dog owner before (outside of work of course..) and they were like, “ewwww, well he’s kinda right tho...”
-
villan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Having Stevie Wonder and David Blunkett doing the sorting in the morning.
-
pmacca3
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 19:45
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Sign on the door of a mid 25 houses long terrace saying 'please knock at the back door'
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
When you've knocked on a porch door, rang the bell, tried a neighbour, wrote a card out, then random courier turns up, walks up to porch door - opens it and chucks package in!!!!!!
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
And then, six to eight houses later you hear "hello, excuse me! Postie!" And they're there on their doorstep, waving the 739 in the air with no intention of coming to you and expecting you to trudge back with their parcel.Rapidryan88 wrote:When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!
Which we do, with a big f**k off smile on our faces and sheer hate raging in our hearts
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
That’s the absolute worst lol no sorry nothingcrimson king wrote:And then, six to eight houses later you hear "hello, excuse me! Postie!" And they're there on their doorstep, waving the 739 in the air with no intention of coming to you and expecting you to trudge back with their parcel.Rapidryan88 wrote:When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!
Which we do, with a big f**k off smile on our faces and sheer hate raging in our hearts